Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton, the play offs and teams around us

A lot of people seem to think we need to pretty much win every game now until the end of the season.

We are currently 6th, with a game in hand, and still have to play Portsmouth,Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe,

I'm sorry, but at some point teams around us will lose, no team is going to manage 6 wins in a row

My prediction:

AFC Wimbledon : L
Scunthorpe : W
Shrewsbury : W
Blackburn : D
Portsmouth : D
Rochdale : W

And I think that will be enough to clinch 6th, I think even another loss and we could still manage it.

I can't see any team around us winning more then 4 games between now and the end of the season

A good point away from home today on a terrible pitch

3rd-6th %80 6-10th %20

Comments

• We need to get something from Wimbledon
  • Plenty of our play off rivals due to play each other in the next few weeks. Pompey have got Posh and Plymouth as well as us for starters.

A win on Tuesday would be great, but a point would be fine. If we beat the Scunts next week I think that virtually writes them off as a rival.
  • I'm pretty sure Lee will be setting up the team with the approach of trying to win every game. Will it happen? Maybe but probably not.

For me it's about creating a winning mentality going into the play-offs - KR would have been looking at protecting the point in the last ten minutes and we would have probably ended up conceding and losing - with Lee we didn't just settle for the point today we kept on trying to score - That's the difference, and all I can ask from the team at this stage.

If we miss out on the play-offs but are playing with that kind of attitude every game then i'll accept it.
  • A play off thread....how novel.

Mods please close this thread - we already have at least 3 others currently on the go.
  • A lot of people seem to think we need to pretty much win every game now until the end of the season.

We are currently 6th, with a game in hand, and still have to play Portsmouth,Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe,

I'm sorry, but at some point teams around us will lose, no team is going to manage 6 wins in a row

My prediction:

And I think that will be enough to clinch 6th, I think even another loss and we could still manage it.

I can't see any team around us winning more then 4 games between now and the end of the season

3rd-6th %80 6-10th %20

What's your reasoning for predicting a loss to Wimbledon?
  • se9addick said:

A lot of people seem to think we need to pretty much win every game now until the end of the season.

My prediction:

3rd-6th %80 6-10th %20

And a win at Shrewsbury?
  • We need to get something from Wimbledon

A new set of Whites or maybe some Tennis balls ?
  • Our record away at wimbledon is poor in the league, i got a feeling we will lose

But respond with two wins against scunny and shrews, we are going to lose at somepoint under bowyer

And i thunk it will be tuseday
  • Our record away at wimbledon is poor in the league, i got a feeling we will lose

But respond with two wins against scunny and shrews, we are going to lose at somepoint under bowyer

Well possibly but a loss at Wimbledon will be a right kick in the nuts because we sure as hell will lose at least one other.

• Sponsored links:

Well possibly but a loss at Wimbledon will be a right kick in the nuts because we sure as hell will lose at least one other.

I think 3 wins and 1 draw will be enough. (10 points) but must beat Scunny,Ports,Sherews and D against Blackburn if that's the case

• I'm going to add a very valid point which is;

Who the f*ck knows
  • Shrewsbury losing one nil to Lincoln in the EFL screwed up cup competition. Wonder if the shock of a defeat in that, if they do lose, will derail their season.
  • cfgs said:

Shrewsbury losing one nil to Lincoln in the EFL screwed up cup competition. Wonder if the shock of a defeat in that, if they do lose, will derail their season.

If anything, surely it would give them the resolve to give everything to get top 2 ?

• Oggy Red said:

cfgs said:

Shrewsbury losing one nil to Lincoln in the EFL screwed up cup competition. Wonder if the shock of a defeat in that, if they do lose, will derail their season.

If anything, surely it would give them the resolve to give everything to get top 2 ?

No idea. Wishful thinking on my part.
  • cfgs said:

Annoying either way... I remember when Bradford got to the League Cup Final and lost to Swansea - they returned to League Football, stormed into the Play-Offs and won the Final

Parkinson said afterwards that their Final win was helped by the fact that they'd already been to Wembley that season so werent daunted by playing there again.

Wont surprise me if its the same for Shrewsbury if they do end up getting there
  • I don't know what all the worrying is for, all we have to do is beat AFC Wimbledon, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Rochdale, then win the play-off games including Wembley and we are up. SIMPLE :wink:
  • ross1 said:

I don't know what all the worrying is for, all we have to do is beat AFC Wimbledon, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Rochdale, then win the play-off games including Wembley and we are up. SIMPLE :wink:

That's right, Ross1. That's all it takes.

Now where did I put my rose-tinted glasses? Or perhaps you've borrowed them. :smile:
  • I think Katrien took them ooop north
  • se9addick said:

My prediction:

3rd-6th %80 6-10th %20

Fair play to you...