Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danson stables pub

Anyone been there for Sunday lunch? Any good?

Comments

• Every time I have been there it has been poor processed food. Like a low grade harvester. Nice surroundings though.
  • Heaven, if you enjoy a microwaved meal.
    Not done a Sunday, though.
  • Very hit and miss. Can be quite nice but often very very slow service and so so food.

Sometimes go in there after Welling with my daughter but only because she has a play in the park beforehand and I get to have couple of beers before my wife picks us up. OK for a bit of scram to soak the beer up but wouldn’t recommend it for a meal out.
  • Anyone been there for Sunday lunch? Any good?

Yes. No.
  • Anyone been there for Sunday lunch? Any good?

Yes. No.
    Agreed. Went there for a Sunday lunch birthday meal,service was awful,food was cold and slow to arrive. Refused to pay and walked out. Would never go back.
  • Haven’t been in for years, last couple of times i was in there, it was shite.
  • It’s a real shame, great setting and has potential but they’ve never been able to get it right.
  • Check the online reviews. Not good. Best avoid.
  • Decent food, decent beer. Dog friendly though unfortunately.
  • Awful food, awful service.

Went there in a big group, never again.
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s a real shame, great setting and has potential but they’ve never been able to get it right.

exactly right, but the service is awful and the food leaves a lot to be desired. Really is a pity, the right owners could really shake that place up.
  • edited April 2018
    Depends how many of you and if you want table service forget it, you have to go up and order, I can recommend the boathouse carvery though v good value and overlooking the park

Obviously this is roasts only although a choice of beef, chicken, pork.
  • Went there about six years ago lunch time. Vowed never to go there again. Absolute crap service , food dire. Even pigeons flying around in the karsi. Staff didn’t give a f@&k.
    So I see it hasn’t changed then. How the hell is it still open.
  • It's way below average. Last time i was there, there was a huge great steaming turd in front of the entrance. Staff happy to leave it there.
  • edited April 2018

It's way below average. Last time i was there, there was a huge great steaming turd in front of the entrance. Staff happy to leave it there.

It was a sample off the menu,nut roast i believe
  • It's way below average. Last time i was there, there was a huge great steaming turd in front of the entrance. Staff happy to leave it there.

The bloke who did it was scared of pigeons and had nowhere else to go.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Try the Danson Boathouse for Sunday carvery instead. Always been impressed

How much do they charge?
  • Shit hole
  • Sponsored links:

• Terrible service every single time I’ve been in there. Shame as it is a great spot and an easily soveable problem with decent management and a couple of extra staff.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

This 100%. Much better than the stables.
  • edited April 2018
    Have to agree about the stables. Last time we went the service was terríble food was either overcooked or undercooked and there was food on the floor and tables filthy. Wont be going again unless things change dramatically.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

I hired Danson Boathouse for a Birthday party and the staff and food and service were excellent. My niece used to work there when she was studying at Rose Bruford. I would recommend it.

• The horses used to eat better food when it was still a stable.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

How much do they charge?
    around a tenner (bit more for 2 courses).......1,000% better than the stables
  • dickplumb said:

Taxi_Lad said:

I hired Danson Boathouse for a Birthday party and the staff and food and service were excellent. My niece used to work there when she was studying at Rose Bruford. I would recommend it.

Thanks but I’m not sure the dramatic arts are really my calling.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

How much do they charge?
    around a tenner (bit more for 2 courses).......1,000% better than the stables
    Online reviews sound good.
  • edited April 2018
    About 5 years ago I had a terrible experience - all of what has been posted above but in one sitting. After complaining to the brewery I was told to introduce myself to the new manager on my next visit and claim a complimentary meal. That experience was even worse, I have never left a place feeling so angry (except the Valley nearly every time we play our loveable neighbours)
  • 1905 said:

About 5 years ago I had a terrible experience - all of what has been posted above but in one sitting. After complaining to the brewery I was told to introduce myself to the new manager on my next visit and claim a complimentary meal. That experience was even worse, I have never left a place feeling so angry (except the Valley nearly every time we play our loveable neighbours)

It surprises me that for a pub in such a good location it's run so badly. Sad state of affairs?