Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gravesend restaurants

Decent ones near the station.

Comments

• Depends what you want ?
  • Creams or Kaspas, that waffle gaff.
  • None. Ok for a Curry or Fish & Chips in Queen Street but thats about it.

Gravesend is not known for its haute cuisine.
  • Ceasers in King Street used to do good food, although it don't look it from outside
  • ...I'm sure they used to do Peroni on tap an all
  • ...I'm sure they used to do Peroni on tap an all

Never had a bad meal in there
  • Ate in the Spanish place in the old jailhouse few months back, was pretty good.
  • None. Ok for a Curry or Fish & Chips in Queen Street but thats about it.

Gravesend is not known for its haute cuisine.

I've never eaten there - could be the centre of fine dining for all I know.
  • Ceasers in King Street used to do good food, although it don't look it from outside

still a top notch italian
  • Sponsored links:

Isn't that the place you used to stand outside & watch prople eat as you queued up for the cinema...(long time ago - I'm sure I did that before going in to see Silence of the Lambs)
  • The gaff on the pier isn't too bad if you have time to spare. Service is pretty slow, mind
  • Tufail Indian restaurant in Parrock Street is superb.
  • Nell’s Cafe
  • The three daws...bottom of high street. All locally sourced ingredients in their grub...The brothers fish bar in parrock street. I defy anyone who will get better chips than in this bar.

Alternate my mothers house in Augustine road.
  • Try the clarendon down by the river.
  • I really liked RT Dosa which is on the way towards Greenhithe. More Sri Lankan than Indian
  • The three daws...bottom of high street. All locally sourced ingredients in their grub...The brothers fish bar in parrock street. I defy anyone who will get better chips than in this bar.

Chippy would know.
  • With Greenie on Tufail - Great Curry
  • Thanks for your replys.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Ceasers is by far the best restaurant in Gravesend.

The Three Daws is very good too
  • I live just off creams and can tell you there are quite a number of decent restaurants

You just have to find them.

On a side note, every road has at least 2 kebab shops, a barbers and a Chinese.
  • I know I left the country 25 years ago, but I can never remember the words “Gravesend” and “Restaurant” being used in the same sentence
  • Good Indian near the river - The Pocahontas.
  • I know I left the country 25 years ago, but I can never remember the words “Gravesend” and “Restaurant” being used in the same sentence

Don't recall the bacchus then, or the grill at the top of the town. In fact i don't know many towns that have decent restaurants, usually have to go out of town to find them.
  • Greenie said:

Tufail Indian restaurant in Parrock Street is superb.

Used to be a regular in there
  • Sultan Sofrasi, (it's by Tesco) is quite good, and as has been mentioned, Tufail
  • redbub said:

Sultan Sofrasi, (it's by Tesco) is quite good, and as has been mentioned, Tufail

Which one, there's about 36 in Gravesham now

Agree 3 daws very good.
  • we went to a nice italian cannot remember what it was called