Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018/9 Season Ticket Update

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ac60507098d6/201819-season-ticket-update

"It is the club’s intention to formally launch 2018/19 season tickets – and to place them on sale – once the takeover of the club has been completed (read the latest takeover update by clicking here)

However, should the takeover not be completed by Thursday, April 12th then season tickets will be launched on that day."

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited April 2018
    What a missed opportunity.

Especially now with the Bowyer goodwill, prospects of playoffs and (whisper it) promotion.
  • You see, reading between the lines from the clubs own words such as 'impending takeover', and 'once the takeover has happened' its
    further proof that nothing is happening and Roland is considering staying on forever
  • SE7toSG3 said:

You see, reading between the lines from the clubs own words such as 'impending takeover', and 'once the takeover has happened' its
    further proof that nothing is happening and Roland is considering staying on forever

That's how I read it too.
  • Does that imply the takeover is closer than we thought?
  • edited April 2018
    Strange thing to announce with seven days' notice, in my opinion. The number of people who buy AT the final two home games will be very small - in the past it wouldn't even have been allowed to avoid cutting across match ticket sales.

Perhaps it will come with the warning of price increases if the team is promoted to try to persuade people to buy now under Duchatelet?
  • Hard to tell whether the Apr 12 date is thrown out there just to string us along that a takeover is imminent.. wouldn't surprise me (or many others I suspect) if as of now they know there's very little chance of it all completing by then

Depends how close "we" thought the takeover was
  • Bloody split infinitive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this a way to get people to buy STs thinking that a takeovers is close, when I perhaps is t!?
  • SE7toSG3 said:

You see, reading between the lines from the clubs own words such as 'impending takeover', and 'once the takeover has happened' its

Or............they haven't even given season ticket's a single moments thought but have had some phone calls/requests asking so have hurried out a quick statement that buys them some more time to actually think of some prices
  • edited April 2018
    SE7toSG3 said:

Whats sad is the now obvious miss-trust of the clubs official web-site, concerns they are double-bluffing us or trying to deliberately miss-lead us, I don't think they are but, the fact that some people do is a sad indictment of where our club finds itself.

I agree. It's not a bluff, but it's a very clumsy bit of messaging. Suppose the takeover is set for completion on April 13th or April 16th - are they going to go ahead regardless? If they don't now launch on April 12th, how much speculation will that create? What will people conclude if they do?

Better to keep quiet or just say an announcement will be made as soon as possible.
  • How about pricing Season tickets at a decent level - i.e. an attractive, low price - so as to win back stay-away supporters? The club cannot rely upon the boycotters returning. Damage has been done and it needs to be repaired. A 'Business as usual' approach will not suffice. Have a think, CAFC.

£100 for all Adults in all areas for the season would do the trick nicely I reckon

2019/20 they can then start to put them back to a normal amount
  • So April 12th then
  • Rothko said:

So April 12th then

I hope so that's the day I've picked on the takeover thread.
  • so a week today then. the same amount of time it takes to get EFL approval.
  • Rothko said:

So April 12th then

I hope so that's the day I've picked on the takeover thread.
    and not because I think the takeover will be complete
  • Sponsored links:

• So Roland has set the prices for an April 12th 'formal' launch.
    One would presume.
    It is one week away, and there isn't going to be a takeover in the next week given the way things have been, currently are, and will be in the future.
    So has Roland liaised with club staff, like the head of finance who doesn't exist?
    I am interested in the details of the practicalities over the next seven days.
  • edited April 2018
    Mrkinski said:

Who on earth is going to buy season tickets if RD is still here? Not me. When he's gone, as soon as they are on sale.

Many will unfortunately

How about pricing Season tickets at a decent level - i.e. an attractive, low price - so as to win back stay-away supporters? The club cannot rely upon the boycotters returning. Damage has been done and it needs to be repaired. A 'Business as usual' approach will not suffice. Have a think, CAFC.

They could charge a pound but they won't win me back until the Belgian cancer has been removed. Actually with all the tooing & frowing rumour & counter rumour it wouldn't surprise me if we were taken over by a "Belgian consortium*
  • Is it fair to assume that the ‘interested parties’ would both be applying different models to what Roland / Keohane would?

Because if not there would no need to either Flag or delay

No
  • Umm, I think this is one of the most unique and by that I mean weird statements that the club has issued. Why pick a date just a week away, if a sale is really impending, let the new owners do it. We’ve got Roly for a good bit longer than we want I fear.
  • Off the pitch it's a rudderless ship so they are fudging along until the new owners come in. The longer this takeover drags on, the worst we will be for next season. Regardless what division we will be in.
  • Mrkinski said:

Who on earth is going to buy season tickets if RD is still here? Not me. When he's gone, as soon as they are on sale.

Me
  • A slightly curious statement, but then the timing is a bit awkward if the takeover drags on, and at some point I guess they feel they have to put them on sale

Personally I don't see why they have to go on sale before the end of the season anyway if the takeover is near.
  • When in the month does the staff get paid?

12th sounds a bit of a finger in the air but if that gives say 2 weeks to get some additional income in so that Roland doesn’t have to personally fork out so much to pay the monthly wage bill, that may be the logic behind it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!