Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL League 1 team of the season named.

League One: David Raya (Blackburn), Nathan Byrne (Wigan), Charlie Mulgrew (Blackburn), Dan Burn (Wigan), Omar Beckles (Shrewsbury), Bradley Dack (Blackburn), Sam Morsy (Wigan), Jon Nolan (Shrewsbury), Nick Powell (Wigan), Jack Marriott (Peterborough), Graham Carey (Plymouth). Manager: Paul Hurst (Shrewsbury).

Comments

• Suprised Pitman isn't in there
  • That's pretty close to being unarguable. Nine of those players from the top three sides who have powered away from the rest of the league, plus the Shrews manager (overachiever I suppose?).

Then add in Graham Carey - only player in double digit assists and goals this season, and a cracking technician - and Jack Marriott, top scorer... Yeah. Fair play.
  • No Da Silva or Fosu ????
  • PaddyP17 said:

That's pretty close to being unarguable. Nine of those players from the top three sides who have powered away from the rest of the league, plus the Shrews manager (overachiever I suppose?).

Then add in Graham Carey - only player in double digit assists and goals this season, and a cracking technician - and Jack Marriott, top scorer... Yeah. Fair play.

Whilst Wigan and Blackburn were expected to be at the top of the table, Shrewsbury were one of the favourites for relegation at the start of the season so it's been a brilliant season for them - if anyone other than Paul Hurst had been named Division Three Manager of the Year then he'd have been within his rights to storm EFL headquarters and demand a Stewards' Enquiry.
  • Yeh cant argue with that... Be interested to see who Player of the Year is for the League... Marriott perhaps?
  • I can't argue with those choices. I liked Nathan Byrne when he was with us, but he's really stepped up this season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43641225

John Terry is in the Championship team. Impressed that after all he's achieved, he's still prepared to do it at a lower level
  • I can't argue with those choices. I liked Nathan Byrne when he was with us, but he's really stepped up this season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43641225

John Terry is in the Championship team. Impressed that after all he's achieved, he's still prepared to do it at a lower level

Going from that list Id actually give the League One award to Nick Powell - Great player who could maybe do it for England if he can replicate his form in the Premier League.

Be surprised if he's not there next season

Dasilva is on loan and Fosu probably not consistent enough
  • Bit premature picking the team now isn't it? Six games left so time for others to have an impact.

That said one would expect players from the current top 3 to form most of the team.
  • Impressed that despite being the most famous name in L1, Will Grigg didn't make the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Bit premature picking the team now isn't it? Six games left so time for others to have an impact.

That said one would expect players from the current top 3 to form most of the team.

Yeah I was thinking that, it's a bit annoying. That said, hard to argue as most have said. Jay DaSilva probably has a case, maybe Fosu though missing time with injury hurt that case.

Want to give a shout out to Morsy at Wigan not just because of my love of diminutive holding midfielders, but also because he's been absolutely excellent whenever I've seen him.

• Impressed that despite being the most famous name in L1, Will Grigg didn't make the team.

I'm glad he didn't because I am fucking sick of HURR DURR HE'S ON FIRE STILL LOLOLOLOLOL my GOD that really gets my goat that does, bloody hell.

Dasilva is on loan and Fosu probably not consistent enough
    Would it matter that Dasilva is on loan or are they the rules? He's playing in League One so should be considered if good enough.
  • Good to see two former players of ours, one who was on loan (Byrne) and another who used released by us (Dack) make the team.
  • Can't believe Karl Robinson has been overlooked as manager.