Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help needed for this young lad.

Not on the look out for cash, but for advice on where we might be able to get a chair like this but larger in size. Young TJ pictured has out grown his chair and does not qualify for funding (no politics please) I'm trying to help in everyway I can scouring Ebay and such like. Unfortunately at £1100 his young single mum can't afford to fund its purchase and likewise although I'll help if I can I can't fund it myself. But if anyone is in that industry or knows of one no longer needed please contact me on here.
Cheers
Rayimage

Comments

• I'll chip in TCE.
  • I can't answer your question but put me down for a score if support is wanted.
  • Think if there was a Just Giving/Crowd Funding type thing then it could be achieved.
  • edited April 2018
    T_C_E said:

Not on the look out for cash, but for advice on where we might be able to get a chair like this but larger in size. Young TJ pictured has out grown his chair and does not qualify for funding (no politics please) I'm trying to help in everyway I can scouring Ebay and such like. Unfortunately at £1100 his young single mum can't afford to fund its purchase and likewise although I'll help if I can I can't fund it myself. But if anyone is in that industry or knows of one no longer needed please contact me on here.
    Cheers
    Ray

Sort a page and I'll send £20 to help.

If you're not able to set the page up, send me an inbox message and I'll do it for you.
  • Not sure on where you would buy something like this, but I had a quick search for you and there are a number of charities that may fund/part-fund a new wheelchair - I'm not sure if these have been looked at already, so apologies if this route has been explored:

https://www.bettermobility.co.uk/charity_funding_options.php

If this is not possible, then I'm also more than willing to donate towards a new chair.
  • TCE, do you know the model name of the chair?

I can see ction Junior on his one.

Googled that and got a few hits including Invercare Action 3 Junior for 3 to 15 year old which looks similar, prices about £650 including vat.
  • Also happy to chip in if funds needed. Am sure many others on here would also,
  • Like others happy to chip in
  • Never ceases to amaze (and please me) that whenever this kind of problem arises the sheer generosity and willingness to help from Lifers. Makes me even prouder to be an Addick. I'll chip in a few quid when you get the page up and running.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

TCE, do you know the model name of the chair?

I can see ction Junior on his one.

Googled that and got a few hits including Invercare Action 3 Junior for 3 to 15 year old which looks similar, prices about £650 including vat.

Wow, thanks guys.
    You really are special people, I know she is trying to raise funds any way she possible can so I'm sure your donations will be appreciated. Could you link me that page @iaitch that would great.
    Thank you all again.
    Ray
  • TCE, just wondered how are things progressing on this?
  • Whizz Kidz are another charity that might be able to help:

http://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/get-our-help/equipment

Good luck, and do post a fundraising page if that's the route you go down
  • Count me in for a score.
  • More than happy to make a contribution.
  • Only just seen this thread. I'm in for £100 Ray.
  • Ray,

Happy to help if you set up a funding page. Had a quick look online and wondered whether this would help as well. The Invacare seems to be one of the options they offer.

http://newlifecharity.co.uk/docs/care-services/Emergency-Equipment-Loans.shtml

Newlife offers the free loan of equipment which can help children at significant risk of injury, and those in urgent need because of unstable life threatening/limiting conditions or terminal illness.

Our unique equipment services are designed and run by responsive professionals. We can act on information received the same day, often delivering equipment within 72 hours.

Keep us updated. Looks, as always, like a lot of CL can try and help.

Cheers
    Tel
  • Yep, knowing the generosity of the folks on here, I don't think the mum needs to worry about funds if the right chair can be identified.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks folks, Melissa (TJ's Mum) is getting some incredible quotes for this equipment 10k was the last for a bed and a chair!! She was in bits last night when I told her of the response on here. If anyone has contacts or access to this sort of equipment new or recon it would be greatly appreciated.imageimageimage
  • Score donated. I will spread the word to people i know. Good luck hitting the target
  • Donated, let’s hope others do as well, the lad and his mum need help, pleased to have helped a small way to the large target that’s required.
  • Done ...
  • Davo55 said:

Only just seen this thread. I'm in for £100 Ray.

Just done. Well done for raising this @T_C_E, hope TJ and his family are soon sorted.
  • Added a score as promised.
  • Bullseye in. Bless the kid, hope he can get the equipment he needs soon.
  • Currently sat on the train from Seattle to Vancouver. This got me choked up. Bless the little lad.

Just chipped in.
  • Thank you all, an overwhelming response.
    https://www.gofundme.com/tj-wheelchair-amp-bed