Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The (slightly smug) Bowyer betting thread

Ok I know it's too early to be certain of a cash out, and it may be tempting fate... But this time last week, Leee leee Bowyer was 16/1 to be Charlton manager for the next 10 games... Kewell was 1/10. As it stands now 7 days later Bowyer is 4/6 and Kewell is 2/1...

So my question is where did/has your money gone? How confident do you feel?
Personally had an uncharacteristicly high 10 quid on the 16/1 shot after Plymouth... Feeling pretty confident he'll make it til the end of the season takeover or not.

Just wondering if anyone else had a punt?

Comments

• edited April 2018
    £7.50 at 10/1 backed that on the morning of KR’s departure.

Not the biggest bet ever, but that money will pay for either play off semi final tickets or will go towards next years season ticket.
  • Now you've gone and done it...lots of people will be out of pocket cos of this thread
  • Ok I know it's too early to be certain of a cash out, and it may be tempting fate... But this time last week, Leee leee Bowyer was 16/1 to be Charlton manager for the next 10 games... Kewell was 1/10. As it stands now 7 days later Bowyer is 4/6 and Kewell is 2/1...

Personally had an uncharacteristicly high 10 quid on the 16/1 shot after Plymouth... Feeling pretty confident he'll make it til the end of the season takeover or not.

Where did you manage to find 16/1 this time last week.

As stated above even the day Robinson left he was 10/1, and has been getting shorter ever since, so to get 16/1 after he had already been in charge for 1 match was amazing
  • Fiver at 12/1 last week.
  • 4/6 now. You can get 25/1 on Pardew.
  • Got Bowyer at 16-1 on the day KR left. Only £5 though as I have a limit on my account.
  • edited April 2018

Ok I know it's too early to be certain of a cash out, and it may be tempting fate... But this time last week, Leee leee Bowyer was 16/1 to be Charlton manager for the next 10 games... Kewell was 1/10. As it stands now 7 days later Bowyer is 4/6 and Kewell is 2/1...

Also stuck a 10er on. Every game we win since he took over is making me more confident!
  • 3s after a load of people had lumped on at 16s/12s/10s etc.

7s after a drift, when the Standard/other rags talked about Kewell's "imminent" appointment (i.e. the bookies following national, rather than local, press).

Suffice it to say that between myself and the friends I know who have had a tilt, we could all go on holiday to somewhere like Prague/Krakow together with the winnings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had £20 with VC after the Plym game. He needs to do 10 games for me to get paid out. There were 9 left after Plym.
  • Well i'll call this thread fortuitous timing! Noticed that they have now removed the odds on skybet... haven't paid out on it yet though wonder if they will still long it out to May 18th?
  • Bowyer at 16-1 now. Win on Friday and you'd have to say that's generous seeing as he only has to make it 10 games. It's almost a bet on whether the takeover happens before the end of the season or not really ain't it.

@paulie8290 Page 623 of takeover thread near the middle of the page dated 28th March - I did shout it out to you lot!
  • 12/1 I'll take that. Come on Skybet pay me out please
  • Well i'll call this thread fortuitous timing! Noticed that they have now removed the odds on skybet... haven't paid out on it yet though wonder if they will still long it out to May 18th?

They're gonna long it, asked em on Twitter
  • Had £20 with VC after the Plym game. He needs to do 10 games for me to get paid out. There were 9 left after Plym.

Play-off semi-final first leg :)
  • Nicholas said:

12/1 I'll take that. Come on Skybet pay me out please

They won't pay out until he completes the ten games, so season end they will pay.
  • A big thank you to Manicmania. He spotted the 16/1.
  • Just fyi I e-mailed skybet for an update and this is what they said;

"As it stands on our side of things, this is still unsettled, this could be the case until the end of the season. Once we know the information on this particular bet via the traders it will become visible to our customers. However, you are right in this instance with Lee Bowyer being the next manager for Charlton.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,"

I'd be surprised if they didn't pay out a bit earlier than May but don't bet on it (haha)
  • I guess this thread will be re-titled - "The (pretty damn smug) Bowyer betting thread"
  • Sponsored links:

• Just fyi I e-mailed skybet for an update and this is what they said;

"As it stands on our side of things, this is still unsettled, this could be the case until the end of the season. Once we know the information on this particular bet via the traders it will become visible to our customers. However, you are right in this instance with Lee Bowyer being the next manager for Charlton.

Kind Regards,"

I'd be surprised if they didn't pay out a bit earlier than May but don't bet on it (haha)

There is absolutely no reason for them to pay out unless and until the bet is deemed a winning bet. If the rules are that the manager must be in charge for at least 10 games then they will pay-out after the 10th game in charge.
  • bobmunro said:

Just fyi I e-mailed skybet for an update and this is what they said;

Kind Regards,"

There is absolutely no reason for them to pay out unless and until the bet is deemed a winning bet. If the rules are that the manager must be in charge for at least 10 games then they will pay-out after the 10th game in charge.
    Bit harsh if he gets sacked before the 10 games after confirming he will be in charge until the end of the season. Blasted bookies any loophole ;)

@bobmunro just out of interest i was looking where Coral get their stats for who won the first 3 rounds, i can see why they didnt pay out but still have asked them on twitter to confirm which rounds AJ did not win. My mates thought i would win it, however i thought he probably didn't win the 2nd but still would like the facts :)
  • Shouldn't have started this thread imo.

Roland reads CL on a daily basis.

What he will do is allow Bowyer to carry on whilst winning our next five games and then sack him (because he didn't have a bet and simply wants to piss you lot off), before re-appointing Riga for the final two games.

That'll learn you.
  • I suppose its a matter of interpretation - that provision of ten games relates to caretaker managers. In the light of todays statement is he actually still caretaker manager or is it like when Riga took over after Powell? - If Kewell had taken over yesterday they would have paid out wouldn't they. - It's also not unheard of for bets to be paid out early even though technically the final result is not mathematically certain.
  • I suppose its a matter of interpretation - that provision of ten games relates to caretaker managers. In the light of todays statement is he actually still caretaker manager or is it like when Riga took over after Powell? - If Kewell had taken over yesterday they would have paid out wouldn't they. - It's also not unheard of for bets to be paid out early even though technically the final result is not mathematically certain.

This needs to be taken further, where's Prague ?
  • bobmunro said:

Kind Regards,"

Bit harsh if he gets sacked before the 10 games after confirming he will be in charge until the end of the season. Blasted bookies any loophole ;)

@bobmunro just out of interest i was looking where Coral get their stats for who won the first 3 rounds, i can see why they didnt pay out but still have asked them on twitter to confirm which rounds AJ did not win. My mates thought i would win it, however i thought he probably didn't win the 2nd but still would like the facts :)
    I really don't know. I'm assuming they would have access to the official cards.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Kind Regards,"

I really don't know. I'm assuming they would have access to the official cards.
    I would too, but couldn't find them myself online at all when i checked after the scores were read out. Nevermind but thanks for coming back to me, thought you might know :)

This needs to be taken further, where's Prague ?
    Busy with blue passports and the impending doom of Brexit.
  • Betvictor have settled Bowyer as a winner today based on the CAFC announcement.
  • Well played guys.