Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• good, clears that up.

probably also means that the takeover won't happen until the end of the season too.
  • Excellent news if true.
  • I'm not sure it does clear it up if were to be sold next week, or the week after.
  • Good point as surely if it was possible a new owner is in place during that time, this promise couldn't be made to bowyer. Or...... the new owner is already in and made this call.... Or 2 perspective new owners both agreed on this ? Agrees though it's most likely no take over till end of season.
  • Common sense... at Charlton... hmmmmm
  • Happy days... Clears up a lot of confusion and allows everyone to just get on with the job
  • Right decision
  • Good news if true

Even if the takeover was announced today, there would still be a delay for EFL approval presumably, so I can't imagine any new owner making such a late change
  • Click bait..
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Confirmed by the club

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ac4acbe2b09f/caretaker-boss-lee-bowyer-to-manage-charlton-for-the-rest-of-the-season
    Club director Richard Murray said: “Lee and Johnnie has done a fantastic job since taking charge and the results demonstrate the players have really responded to him. You can also hear the relationship he, along with Johnnie, have with Charlton fans from the reaction they get on a matchday.

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”
  • Ross said:

Confirmed by the club

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ac4acbe2b09f/caretaker-boss-lee-bowyer-to-manage-charlton-for-the-rest-of-the-season

Club director Richard Murray said: “Lee and Johnnie has done a fantastic job since taking charge and the results demonstrate the players have really responded to him. You can also hear the relationship he, along with Johnnie, have with Charlton fans from the reaction they get on a matchday.

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”
    RM back peddling very very fast...........
  • Confirmation about still two parties involved. Close but no timeline. I can accept that with Bowyer and JJ until this season’s out.
  • Seems to show both potential buyers might just have good football sense and good business sense. That would be so refreshing.
  • Sponsored links:

• good, clears that up.

probably also means that the takeover won't happen until the end of the season too.

What takeover ?
  • common sense prevails, who'd have thought it.
  • Hopefully this means both of the potential buyers will give Bowyer and Jackson the jobs full-time whoever buys us.
  • Good news re Bowyer. Takeover appears to be even further away....
  • johnny73 said:

Good news re Bowyer. Takeover appears to be even further away....

Not sure how you got that from a quote saying close ?

• Hope this bit is true...

it has been confirmed that one of the conditions of the sale, agreed by both parties interested in purchasing, will be that Bowyer is kept on as Caretaker Manager, with Johnnie Jackson continuing as his assistant, until the end of the season

Means they're sensible and want to see Charlton as a successful club

I can't see this bit in either article?
  • Hope this bit is true...

it has been confirmed that one of the conditions of the sale, agreed by both parties interested in purchasing, will be that Bowyer is kept on as Caretaker Manager, with Johnnie Jackson continuing as his assistant, until the end of the season

Means they're sensible and want to see Charlton as a successful club

I can't see this bit in either article?
    it's on the OS article

• johnny73 said:

Didn't Murray previously state a price had been agreed? That has now changed to 'looking to purchase.
  • johnny73 said:

johnny73 said:

Didn't Murray previously state a price had been agreed? That has now changed to 'looking to purchase.
    Perhaps it has been agreed.