Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"St Mirren's Jack Ross emerges as Charlton managerial candidate"

Comments

• Bowyer will get it

If not

Danny Cowley and his brother will
  • Informal dialogue?
    Oh yeah!
  • Is this Jack Ross also Australian?
  • Is this Jack Ross also Australian?

no he's Scottish, he is coming to help launch the haggis flavoured Pot Noodle
  • If this happens I'll make myself a nice sandwich and eat it (risk averse eh)

... I'll probably do that anyway. But yeah, this is bollocks surely
  • I watched us play St Mirren in Marbella in a pre season friendly a few years ago - they were shit then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

Some random name I’ve plucked out of thin air, Terry Hall, has emerged as a possible candidate to take charge at Charlton.

Harry Kewell remains favourite to replace Karl Robinson, based on some internet rumours about an Australian consortium set to buy the club. However, no Australian bid has been made and no one even knows if they want Kewell in the first place, but we don’t let that get in the way of our lazy journalism here at the Standard.

Lee Bowyer is in interim charge, but it is understood that Hall would be interested in the role, as money for football managers is good and he’s doing pretty well in Fantasy Football this season, captaining Kane for 2 hat-tricks.

Hall turned down a job at Barnsley last week, as he is fully booked with decorating work at the moment and didn’t fancy the drive North just to repaint the dressing rooms.

The 41-year-old has not yet had an interview at Charlton yet – suggesting Kewell is most likely to get the job. Kewell has not had an interview either, but I get paid buy the word so am really just making it up as I go along.

Was ok in The Specials !
  • So who is leaking this story and who would be in a position to make this decision bar roland
  • To be fair to Jack Ross he's taken a struggling St Mirren side and taken them to the top of the Scottish Championship. He's doing a decent job to turn them around.

I'd rather Bowyer was given a shot at the job but I wouldn't slag Ross off.
  • Croydon said:

Some random name I’ve plucked out of thin air, Terry Hall, has emerged as a possible candidate to take charge at Charlton.

Harry Kewell remains favourite to replace Karl Robinson, based on some internet rumours about an Australian consortium set to buy the club. However, no Australian bid has been made and no one even knows if they want Kewell in the first place, but we don’t let that get in the way of our lazy journalism here at the Standard.

Lee Bowyer is in interim charge, but it is understood that Hall would be interested in the role, as money for football managers is good and he’s doing pretty well in Fantasy Football this season, captaining Kane for 2 hat-tricks.

Hall turned down a job at Barnsley last week, as he is fully booked with decorating work at the moment and didn’t fancy the drive North just to repaint the dressing rooms.

The 41-year-old has not yet had an interview at Charlton yet – suggesting Kewell is most likely to get the job. Kewell has not had an interview either, but I get paid buy the word so am really just making it up as I go along.

Was ok in The Specials !
    Yeah, And look at those 'dance moves RD'.......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw
  • "The 41-year-old has not had yet an interview with Charlton – suggesting Kewell is most likely to get the job"

So he hasn't been interviewed..........because there's no one to interview him. But because of that it means Kewell, who also won't have been interviewed, is most likely to get the job?

Yeah good article. Absolute shite.

But Tone is still about to do interviews, and ask what he considers to be relevant questions.
    e.g What are the ingredients for a Victoria Sponge?
  • Sub-Standard quote:
    "The 41-year-old has not had yet an interview with Charlton – suggesting Kewell is most likely to get the job – but there has been informal dialogue between Ross and the club over the past few days".

Total bullsh*t.

1) There's nobody in authority left at the club to have "informal dialogue" with.

2) If the club is about to be sold, Roland is unlikely to go to the expense of employing a new manager on contract. He'll let things run as they are.

The only conclusion to be made - is that one of the consortia may have tapped up Jack Ross to see if he's interested/available.
    But at this point, they are not "the club".

• seth plum said:

Informal dialogue?
    Oh yeah!

tapped-up
  • Bowyer has just been given job till the end of the season.

Official
  • No thanks.
  • Croydon said:

By not buy :smiley: .......................... sorry but if you're being paid by the word presumably you're paid for the length of the word as well & we wouldn't you claiming over the odds