Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seattle and Vancouver

Heading to Seattle for 2 nights tomorrow and Vancouver for 8.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• I'm not =terribly familiar with Vancouver but if you're any kind of a foodie, Granville Island and its Market, and also go explore Stanley Park, both in Vancouver. Others may have loads of suggestions, but 8 nights might be a bit of a long stay in Vancouver itself so try and get out and about a bit - ferry or flight to Victoria on Vancouver Island, get into the mountains. If you want to explore a bit further out the Okanagan is beautiful and full of vineyards but a few hours drive away and the roads can be brutal if there is snow about.
  • edited April 2018
    Certainly take the open top bus tour of Vancouver. Walk the old town area and as a Charlton fan you are duty bound to visit the end of the line Canadian Pacific Rail Terminus. Great city.
  • Vancouver Island at Uculet and Tofino is fantastic. Vancouver is great. Probably too late to get a booking but check out Grizzly Bear Ranch is you are interested in viewing bears
  • Pike Place is a must if you're in Seattle.
  • If you do decide to visit the Island I suggest you take the seaplane to Victoria or Nainamo.
  • edited April 2018
    We did the tasting menu at Hawksworth in Vancouver whilst we were there last Summer and it was incredible. Not as pricey as you'd imagine and well worth it.

I'd also recommend the walk around Stanley Park and the market at Granville Island.

Would absolutely love to go back to Canada, snowboarding in Whistler is on my list to do sometime.
  • robroy said:

Much appreciated.

I am in Vancouver a lot, what kind of things are you looking to do? Where are you staying? Will you have a car?
  • I live in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island.

In Vancouver, go to some of the micro brewery's on main st. Go up Grouse Mountain and hire hints l bikes and ride around the sea wall. I would do 2-3 days in Vancouver, then head over here to the island.

I can hook you up with a cheap hotel rate in Nanaimo, then get over to Tofino. One of my favorite places.

Sea plane or heli jet here, then hire a car. Still pretty cold here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the tips people.

I love a craft beer and brewery’s. My other half is three months gone so nothing to strenuous I suppose like snow boarding haha.

We had two days in seattle, four in Vancouver and two at Whistler. Then back to Vancouver for one.

All planned to be back in my seat at The Valley for scunny.
  • Oakster said:

robroy said:

Much appreciated.

I am in Vancouver a lot, what kind of things are you looking to do? Where are you staying? Will you have a car?
    Don’t tell him @robroy - He’s looking to burgle you and have a getaway car as well.
  • robroy said:

Thanks for the tips people.

I love a craft beer and brewery’s. My other half is three months gone so nothing to strenuous I suppose like snow boarding haha.

We had two days in seattle, four in Vancouver and two at Whistler. Then back to Vancouver for one.

Hopefully this isn't too late but if you like beer and have time in Seattle go to Ballard. Its a suburb of Seattle filled with great, small breweries. You are almost always a stones throw from two or three breweries. Its only 15 minutes or so from the City.
  • The Smiths Tower in Seattle , nice history and cocktail bar at the top. Jimmi Hendrix grave and Bruce Lee too. Get the train to Vancouver from Seattle , four hours of genuine beauty.
  • Is there much recognition of the grunge scene in Seattle?
  • Vancouver - If you bump into someone called Major, run as fast as you can :wink:
  • robroy said:

Thanks for the tips people.

Take one of the numerous water taxis across the creek to Granville Island & enjoy the views

Go to the Capilano Suspension bridge - not too strenous & a lot of fun https://www.capbridge.com

Stanley Park of course

See The Whitecaps or Canucks play, stadium is right downtown & surrounded by bars/shopping

Enjoy the best Asian cuisine on the continent

• Stanley Park; Grouse Mountain; Granville Island; Vancouver Canucks (if you hurry!).
  • If you're into baseball we saw the Vancouver Canadians play whilst we were there. Only a minor league side so was a small ground but that also meant it wasn't touristy at all. Had a great time.