Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton spend 20% of league 1 intermediary fees

And highest in total

Comments

• Interpreter fees?
  • I wonder how much was spending on getting rid of over paid players and how much on bringing replacements in?
  • I wonder how much was spending on getting rid of over paid players and how much on bringing replacements in?

Very good question. Quite a lot, I suspect.
  • Well done on the spending Katrien Meire!
  • johnny73 said:

Wasn't paying agents one of the Rolands pet hates?

Yes. That and failure.
  • Sponsored links:

• This period in our history will be read with incredulation in our 200th anniversary book.

What a shower of Belgian shite!
  • JamesSeed said:

We bought our way to the bottom.

To be fair, we were Champions of the Bottom Half.
  • This isn't the first year of this, is it?
  • History shows, the clubs that spend the most win the most.
    Chelsea, Manchester City/United, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Charlton.
    We’ve improved beyond our wildest dreams and never new it.
  • edited April 2018

Second highest spending club MK Dons.

Coincidence?

Quite possibly because this would have been for JFC and Page who I think were the only two players we brought in permanently during Robinson's time in charge that accounts for this financial period. Beyond that there was Lookman going out. But I suspect a lot was from the summer and previous January.

Also, if we spent big agent fees on say Page and JFC, I don't know if they would have been up front or over time, and I'd they were over time if they'd be counted against the hooks ending January 31, 2017 or spread throughout the time of the payment, probably the latter
  • A large chunk of that total could be related to the transfer of Lookman to Everton. How many other League 1 clubs have had big money transfers to Premiership clubs in this period?
  • A large chunk of that total could be related to the transfer of Lookman to Everton. How many other League 1 clubs have had big money transfers to Premiership clubs in this period?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. And the other who had a big money transfer was Dele Alli from MK Dons which might explain why they're so high.
  • Fake agents = a way for RD to get money out of the club.

We never paid all of that out, that went into RD's pockets.
  • edited April 2018
    ao if I recall correctly then three unrelated facts:

1. MKDons second biggest intermediary payers
    2. Charlton biggest intermediary payers
    3. Robinson with a small shareholding in a player agency
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

A large chunk of that total could be related to the transfer of Lookman to Everton. How many other League 1 clubs have had big money transfers to Premiership clubs in this period?

Yeah that's what I was thinking. And the other who had a big money transfer was Dele Alli from MK Dons which might explain why they're so high.
    Wouldn't the buying club pay the agent though?
  • edited April 2018
    Another reason to get to Category One ASAP
  • edited April 2018
  • SDAddick said:

A large chunk of that total could be related to the transfer of Lookman to Everton. How many other League 1 clubs have had big money transfers to Premiership clubs in this period?

Wouldn't the buying club pay the agent though?
    I don't know...I think it can be both. Buying club usually pays for the player's agent, but there can be other intermediaries in a deal (as I understand things), including agents working on behalf of clubs.
  • Miss ‘love doing deals’ Merie.....Good god. She should come with a health warning to all football clubs
  • A full list of players & agents is listed on the link below,the list includes 17 players including Da Silva & Mavididi & players who extended their contracts.
    https://t.co/jCQFDvrz11

I don't think so. I looked into this before and was told that the fees are charged to the date of the transfer, which was in the previous period.
  • About the only table we're going to be top of for a long while!

I don't think so. I looked into this before and was told that the fees are charged to the date of the transfer, which was in the previous period.
    The table covers the period ending 31 Jan 2017 and according to wiki Lookman signed for Everton in January 2017. Or am I missing something?
  • ao if I recall correctly then three unrelated facts:

1. MKDons second biggest intermediary payers
    2. Charlton biggest intermediary payers
    3. Robinson with a small shareholding in a player agency

2/2/16 - 31/01/17 so probably little to do with KR at Charlton (but you were probably joking anyway).