Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Promotion or sale?

edited April 2018 in General Charlton
If you were able to choose between the two, what would you prefer - a day out at Wembley, culminating in a win or the completion of the takeover?

Comments

• Why can't we have both?
  • Promotion at Wembley please .
  • I personally think we are stuck with Roland for the remainder of the season, so promotion at Wembley for me.
  • Sale, if we go up he will not sell us.
  • I wonder IF Roland would make an appearance at Wembley?
  • Roland forever or just until the end of the season?
    If it's the latter then I'll take my day out at Wembley please..
  • Sponsored links:

• Promotion followed swiftly by a takeover.
  • I wonder IF Roland would make an appearance at Wembley?

As long as he’s not playing who cares.
  • Promotion this season, takeover completes next.
  • Tough one - but takeover, I think I can suffer another season in League 1.
  • I still believe one will happen with the other...

Either we'll go up and get sold as a Championship club or we'll miss out and get sold as a League One club.

If I had to choose for arguments sake though I'd take the Takeover all day long
  • Promotion all day long
    Will be harder to get out this division next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Promotion. We are too much of a risk in League one.
    Go up. The buyers will be back.
  • Promotion. With a decent team that’s now playing to win, the guys managing the first and youth teams being Charlton with a capital ‘C’ and a £175 season ticket, who gives a shit who owns the club ?

On the other hand, if we don’t go up, we get lumbered with yet another manager that doesn't deliver or if the price of season tickets go up then it’s Roland or New Owners out...
  • Promotion all day long

Will it?

Luton will probably come up and will be a threat, whilst coming down I'd expect Sunderland to do similar to Blackburn.

Other than the usual suspects I'd say League One could be slightly easier
  • sale for me - we've won a few games but were far from the finished article and without proper backing would easily be the whipping boys of the championship next season, takeover in the summer keep a few of the players on that have perfomed, and think next season we could have a real go of it and get autos, league 1 for me isnt great - the grounds are a 1 visit type experience.
  • rikofold said:

Sale.

There's no long term future under Duchatelet. If it means being in League One a little longer but having a genuine footballing ambition again and a culture suited to the club's values, I'd take that over short term success all day long.

What he said. I don't care if it means we're stuck here for another season, the club simply can't take much more of his mismanagement.
  • Promotion all day long

Will it?

Luton will probably come up and will be a threat, whilst coming down I'd expect Sunderland to do similar to Blackburn.

I don’t, I think Sunderland will be stuck in League one for a few years, mainly because of their money troubles
  • Promotion all day long

Will it?

I don’t, I think Sunderland will be stuck in League one for a few years, mainly because of their money troubles
    Wouldn't surprise me if they do get stuck in that trouble... Said the same about Blackburn though

Although I don't rate Chris Coleman as a club manager