Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

April Fools Day 2018

Anyone done anything
Or had anything done to then this year

Comments

• Nearly.
  • Tweet this morning about curbs to Bayern got me hook line and sinker. It was so absurd it didn't even click it was 01.04
  • I catch my wife out every year when I tell it's been snowing overnight.
  • I pretended I cut my finger off in the workshop earlier. Mrs still ain't talking to me, but I can definitely make out the unmistakable aroma of lamb in the oven, so alls good.
  • I pretended I cut my finger off in the workshop earlier. Mrs still ain't talking to me, but I can definitely make out the unmistakable aroma of lamb in the oven, so alls good.

Yeah sounds like your Mrs and your dog will be having a lovely dinner.
    If that happens, she needs to be careful. That's just taking jokes too far
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018

BREAKING: Royal Navy flagship in drydock for extended time, found to have no engine

The vessel, bristling with over 100 guns, has been drydocked in Portsmouth for some time. Now, with no engine, there are fears she may never sail again.

We understand that the Admiralty Board consider the vessel too old to be fitted with engines at this stage especially as the vessel is now in too great a state of disrepair.

The UK Defence Journal has learned that plans were in place to have the vessel serve as a floating depot and as a prison ship.

The vessel has been the flagship of the First Sea Lord since October 2012. Prior to this, she was the flagship of the Second Sea Lord. The current and 101st commanding officer is Lieutenant Commander Brian Smith Royal Navy, who assumed command in May 2015.

It was also reported at the time that the vessels foretopsail was severely damaged during the Battle of Trafalgar, perforated by upwards of 90 cannonballs and other projectiles. It was replaced after the battle, but was preserved and eventually displayed in the Royal Naval Museum.
  • We had a few members of our golf club going with this one today. An email to all members accompanied by a photo of a woodland scene that would be attached to the fence (29 foot high by 200 yards long).

“Following the storms and high winds during the winter which resulted in the loss of a number of trees, in particular at the 17th green, we underwent a check of trees on and around the course.
    As a result of this and following discussions with our Insurance Broker and tree surgeons the decision has been made to remove all the trees from behind the 13th green. We recognise that this will leave quite void at the back of the 13th and also present potential danger to houses behind.
    We therefore entered into discussions with Dartford Borough Council and I am pleased to say that it has been agreed to erect a fence, overlaid with an image of woodland, which we believe will create a good back drop for golfers and a pleasant outlook for neighbouring houses. It is planned to start this work in the near future and you can view the attachment of the image supplied by local designers with this e mail.
    I appreciate all the hard work and effort that has gone into this and I am sure that members will enjoy the outcome until such time as the new trees have sufficiently grown”
  • My wife caught me out, she said she was horny
  • what a random thing for a mayor to do

"good news everyone, jobs are coming to town"

"LOL, gotcha, get back in the dole queue"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43626543