Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bromley make it to New Wembley before Charlton

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Are you 'proper' Charlton if your extended family own Welling and Bromley?
  • iaitch said:

So, we are not allowed to "support" Bromley on the basis that they are also followed by some supporters of a local rival. But we are allowed to follow Welling, who are actually a much closer local rival to Charlton than Palace are?
    And we are allowed to follow Dartford who are further away than Bromley?

My 'ead 'urts...

Come on The Ravens!

I'm with you Algarve.

I live in Beckenham so am I not allowed to support Charlton as my home is nearer to Palace?

Before that I lived in Sydenham, again close to Selhurst Park, do I now have to switch my allegiance after 45 years of supporting Charlton because it offends someone on here?

Been to Bromley a couple of times and enjoyed it, maybe I can't say that either as there may have been some Palace fans in the crowd.

It's typical of the parochial, suburban attitude of those that live in Welling, Bexleyheath and Sidcup.

They think all Charlton fans come from those areas because other than work and package holidays they rarelly leave them.

It was their "you have to following Welling to be a real Charlton fan" attitude that held the club back down the years and stopped us becoming a major force in English football.

No surprise they don't understand and so envy their more urbane and sophisticated cousins across the border in beautiful Bromley.
    I'd agree with that if I new what urbane and sophisticated meant!!!
  • Are you 'proper' Charlton if your extended family own Welling and Bromley?

No, just unlucky.
  • Does anyone actually give a shit if Charlton fans also follow Welling or Bromley?
  • Does anyone actually give a shit if Charlton fans also follow Welling or Bromley?

*whispers* I think that tongues are firmly in cheeks with a lot of comments CEL* :wink:
  • Never noticed any palace influences at Bromley and will be there on Friday for the Wrexham game to bask in some Wembley glory.
  • As the postal area with the biggest number of supporters is DA, then only Dartford can be considered the non league team of choice for the Charlton fan.
  • MrOneLung said:

As the postal area with the biggest number of supporters is DA, then only Dartford can be considered the non league team of choice for the Charlton fan.

So is Ebbsfleet.
  • MrOneLung said:

As the postal area with the biggest number of supporters is DA, then only Dartford can be considered the non league team of choice for the Charlton fan.

So is Ebbsfleet.
    And Welling.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    LouisMend said:

There’s quite a decent Charlton leaning contingent in the Bromley hardcore. I went to a game a few weeks ago away at Aldershot and ended up chatting about the tour to Tunisia in the 70s with a few people who had been there.

You never even knew where Sidcup was @LouisMend so I class you as ‘proper charlton’ as Ron Noades, Eddie the Eagle and Simon Jordan
  • LouisMend said:

There’s quite a decent Charlton leaning contingent in the Bromley hardcore. I went to a game a few weeks ago away at Aldershot and ended up chatting about the tour to Tunisia in the 70s with a few people who had been there.

You never even knew where Sidcup was @LouisMend so I class you as ‘proper charlton’ as Rob Noades, Eddie the Eagle and Simon Jordan
    Ron Noades:)
  • LouisMend said:

You never even knew where Sidcup was @LouisMend so I class you as ‘proper charlton’ as Ron Noades, Eddie the Eagle and Simon Jordan
    I only worked out how to drive to Orpington from my house the other day and that was about 15 minutes away. My local knowledge is surprisingly bad.
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

I only worked out how to drive to Orpington from my house the other day and that was about 15 minutes away. My local knowledge is surprisingly bad.
    When you go to Wembley on your big day out get the tube to Holloway Road as that is the nearest one to the big Stadium.
  • LouisMend said:

He knew, just didn't want to admit he'd been to Sidcup.
  • Frustratingly there is even a palace influence at Maidstone games these days. Drummer is ‘ex’ palace so all those shitty ultra tunes have arrived! Does grate on me tbf!
  • LouisMend said:

BDL said:

LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

When you go to Wembley on your big day out get the tube to Holloway Road as that is the nearest one to the big Stadium.
    Not surprised you can't remember the way since Ebbsfleet haven't been to Wembley for ten years. The mighty Bromley are there once a year on average for the last 1 years.
    Won it though...and as underdogs....now that was a great day out.
  • LouisMend said:

BDL said:

LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

Not surprised you can't remember the way since Ebbsfleet haven't been to Wembley for ten years. The mighty Bromley are there once a year on average for the last 1 years.
    You won’t like it though, the pitch is grass.

• If your a Charlton supporter then your Non-League club should be Welling or Dartford etc.

Those who support Bromley might as well go to Selhurst!! ;)

Even though I now live in Petts Wood, which comes under Bromley, I still go to watch Welling Utd.
    Have only ever been to Bromley for a Wedding Reception!
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

BDL said:

LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

I was there too, it was a good day out. Sky were having a love in with Helen Chamberlain on the day (Torquay were the opponents) and seem to remember her getting loads of stick when they flashed her face on the screens just after Ebbsfleet scored.

Even as a Wings fan, I still like to see the other Kent based NL clubs do well.
  • Born in Eltham. Moved to Bromley in 1966. Saw my first live football at Bromley in 1966-67 season. Graduated to Charlton the year after. Went to both clubs games for 40 years quite happily. Now live in Hastings. Haven't seen Bromley since I moved here, but will be at Wembley just to bask in the glory after supporting a team that was complete shite for 38 of the 40 seasons I watched them. If you properly support Welling/Dartford/Erith /Ebsfleet etc then you will know what I'm talking about.
  • LouisMend said:

BDL said:

LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

I was there too, it was a good day out. Sky were having a love in with Helen Chamberlain on the day (Torquay were the opponents) and seem to remember her getting loads of stick when they flashed her face on the screens just after Ebbsfleet scored.

Even as a Wings fan, I still like to see the other Kent based NL clubs do well.
    Me too...why I am disappointed I cant go that day, also one of our local sides has made it to finals day Thatcham Town...in the FA Vase.

Yes Helen Chamberlain she went from Happy after fleet missed a pen to glum a few minutes later when Mcphee scored.
  • Bromley have so far sold just over 8,000 tickets.
  • edited April 2018
    Blimey, not bad. Odd question but is there a capacity they have? I know they would never sell out Wembley but assume part will be closed off and wondered if that therefore meant they could in theory reach their quota?

Ps, a couple of thousand more and they will have matched the sort of numbers Millwall have taken previously I assume?
  • Blimey, not bad. Odd question but is there a capacity they have? I know they would never sell out Wembley but assume part will be closed off and wondered if that therefore meant they could in theory reach their quota?

Ps, a couple of thousand more and they will have matched the sort of numbers Millwall have taken previously I assume?

The non league cup final day is a double header with the Trophy and Vase. Tickets cover both games and the 4 finalsists get a quarter share, minus the neutral seats.

There’s a big publicity push throughout the non league for the day and kids tickets are only £1, when accompanied by an adult.
  • Ah, thanks, had not realised that.
  • FA Vase Final being: Stockton Town v Thatcham Town
  • Tickets apparently from £12.50
  • On our way to Wembley.