Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Windows 10 problem - Advice please

I have recently bought a new lap top with my old one, whilst still working, being taped up due to a few falls. I think I had the same problem originally with that one, but can't remember how I fixed it. What happens which is annoying is when I open a window and move the curser using the touchpad, that and all the windows I have open minimise and a shown on the same page. I have googled it and tried adjusting various settings but it still happens! Anybody have the answer? It is quite annoying!

Comments

• Hope this isn't patronising Muttley (belive me, my technical knowledge really doesn't put me in that position! ) but could it just be a question of opening in seperate windows rather than in new tabs? Just a thought...
  • Is this what you're seeing?

• No it generally happens after I just open a window and move the curser in it and then I will have say Charlton life on the left - Outlook on the right and my hard drive contents underneath for example!
  • edited March 2018

Is this what you're seeing?

yes - getting on my nerves- completely stupid feature
  • edited March 2018

Is this what you're seeing?

yes - getting on my nerves- completely stupid feature
    It's called task view. Meant to be helpful for people to move between different applications/desktops quickly. Something they've copied from Apple...

There's a button on the task bar that activates it (that square looking thing right next to search bar, the right of the microphone symbol) or I think it's a three finger swipe on the mousepad activates it also.
  • Thanks both, I'll do that.
  • I converted to Windows 10 last year - after 2 days of frustrations I converted back to Windows 8. Never again
  • Sponsored links:

• It should make it easy to turn things like this off and on through buttons!
  • I don't have windows 10, but this laptop is the first one I had that had a track pad, and I had all sorts of problems at first because it had a bunch of settings that were too damn clever for its own good. I ended up having to go into the mouse properties menu (is under Hardware & Sound / Devices & Printers / Mouse in Windows 7, dunno if that's still true in windows 10) and turning off all the stuff under gestures, multi-touch gestures and tapping, cos it was interpreting my attempts at scrolling on the trackpad as all sorts of different things that I wasn't intending. Have you checked what you've got set on yours?
  • Thanks to the help on here, my issue was the swipe function which is a feature of windows 10 that some people must like, but I hate it. Strangely there isn't a button to turn it off and on but I have sorted it.

Many thanks
  • I have recently bought a new lap top with my old one, whilst still working, being taped up due to a few falls.

Sorry, but I need to know, Was it duct/duck tape ?
  • edited April 2018
    No that is for shoes, not computers!