Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Telly

edited March 2018 in General Charlton
Has a live Charlton match been televised this season?

Comments

• Not that I recall.
  • No - and just 1 last year (away at Swindon). Nice to see that Oxford have been on twice in the space of 6 days though.
  • No - and just 1 last year (away at Swindon). Nice to see that Oxford have been on twice in the space of 6 days though.

Poor in the Boat Race though.
  • Sky obviously being sympathetic towards the cause, so as not to line the pockets of the esteemed regime owner.
  • I thought every club gets at least one match. It might be that we’ve been utter shyte or threat of using the exposure to protest.
  • Thought all teams were meant to appear at least once but I guess that's just for the championship? (more of course in the prem)
  • Talal said:

Thought all teams were meant to appear at least once but I guess that's just for the championship? (more of course in the prem)

I think your right but I think that they probably pay the money regardless as they realise us being on TV would probably send the punters asleep or the pubs emptying faster than at closing time (pre Bowyer of course)
  • Is always going to be difficult when League One games mainly get shown during the International Break

Probably doesnt help the fact that every Charlton game SHOULD be rearranged during this time because of Magennis | Konsa | Dasilva so SKY arent going to run the risk of scheduling a game only for us to turn round later down the line and say that it has to be cancelled
  • Is always going to be difficult when League One games mainly get shown during the International Break

Probably doesnt help the fact that every Charlton game SHOULD be rearranged during this time because of Magennis | Konsa | Dasilva so SKY arent going to run the risk of scheduling a game only for us to turn round later down the line and say that it has to be cancelled

Good point.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

Is always going to be difficult when League One games mainly get shown during the International Break

Totally disagree. Oxford's game yesterday wasn't on an International break & wasn't a particularly attractive tie - didn't include the big guns (Wigan, Blackburn, Pompey or Us) or even a Derby. The fact that we've only been shown once during the past 2 seasons is more than baffling, seeing as we are an ex-Premiership team. Wigan, Blackburn & even Bradford have been on more than once this season. I'm not expecting to be on multiple times but surely one of our upcoming games v Scunny, Blackburn or Pompey should have been selected due to all being top 6 clashes and all have been there or thereabouts all season.
  • Saving the best till last :0)
  • Fuck Sky, let's get on about our business without the usual banana skin when everyone watching.

Totally disagree. Oxford's game yesterday wasn't on an International break & wasn't a particularly attractive tie - didn't include the big guns (Wigan, Blackburn, Pompey or Us) or even a Derby. The fact that we've only been shown once during the past 2 seasons is more than baffling, seeing as we are an ex-Premiership team. Wigan, Blackburn & even Bradford have been on more than once this season. I'm not expecting to be on multiple times but surely one of our upcoming games v Scunny, Blackburn or Pompey should have been selected due to all being top 6 clashes and all have been there or thereabouts all season.
    I'd agree in that respect... Especially as tomorrow sees Portsmouth v Wigan when Charlton v Rotherham would be a better game for two sides chasing the Play-Offs

Yet seriously, how often do we win on the TV? - Do we really want to risk that in such an important few games
  • Does anyone know if there's a highlights show expected for L1&2 this season? I can't see it on Ch5 listings??
  • Its on some obscure Channel
  • Whatever channel it's on it will need a health warning beforehand for Charlton supporters.
  • Quest
    Freeview 37
    Sky 144
  • Quest
    Freeview 37
    Sky 144

just shows where Sky think it is within their pecking order.......somewhere between Wheeler Dealers & QVC
  • Sponsored links:

• Do we have the worst record of any league football team in terms of televised wins?
  • Cheers - and, @Stig, surely yes?
  • I see Leeds are on Sky tomorrow. That makes a change...
  • Quest
    Freeview 37
    Sky 144

On now...37 freeview.
  • Stig said:

Do we have the worst record of any league football team in terms of televised wins?

5 defeats on the trot that I can recall......v possibly more. At least we scored yesterday - previous 3 were all 1-0 defeats.
  • I see Leeds are on Sky tomorrow. That makes a change...

And next Saturday...
  • Stig said:

Do we have the worst record of any league football team in terms of televised wins?

5 defeats on the trot that I can recall......v possibly more. At least we scored yesterday - previous 3 were all 1-0 defeats.
    Six.

Yesterday, the last three of last season, Swindon away the previous season under Patience Slade, and Burnley in the now-traditional oppo-promotion-party-at-The-Valley fixture.

As you say, at least we scored yesterday. Bonus!
  • When did we last win when we were live on the tele? 6 defeats on the bounce you say, was the 7th a win? Just depressively curious to know?
  • When did we last win when we were live on the tele? 6 defeats on the bounce you say, was the 7th a win? Just depressively curious to know?

Yes, we won. It was the protest game against Boro.