Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

IS members want their British citizenship back

Two captured IS members are complaining about losing their British citizenship

Some of their complaints are that they are at risk of torture and that they won't get a fair trail. Sounds right up their street after what they have been up to.

I don't see how they can walk away from British values and fight against it and then want the benefits of it.

It'll be interesting to see how this pans out...

Comments

• Riviera said:

I just do not understand why the media have tagged them The Beatles. I find this sick and disgusting and wish people would stop doing so.

True. Title changed.
  • Behead them...job done.
  • Indeed no state no law. Fundamental problem for promoting rule of law if you then ignore it. Should be treated in same way as Mladic
  • Sponsored links:

• They may hate it but the rules are the rules whether you hate it or love it. That's the difference between us and them and is what makes us civilised.

By no means should they go free but neither should they be left stateless.
  • Riviera said:

I just do not understand why the media have tagged them The Beatles. I find this sick and disgusting and wish people would stop doing so.

True. There's no evidence that either of these two used to beat their women.

But on a less flippant note. the media didn't come up with the name apparently, their own fellow scumbags did. No excuse for the media using it though.
  • Riviera said:

For the sake of clarity, it wasn't "the media" that started that. It was a nickname given to them by their hostages because of their accents.
  • edited March 2018
    To be honest, as long as they never again see the light of day, I don't care what citizenship they have.
  • To be honest, as long as they never again see the light of day, I don't care what citizenship they have.

Yeah, bang em up where, after a few years, they'll be in the main population and trying to radicalise anyone who'll listen
  • 1. Reinstate their British citizenship.
    2. Put them on trail in a British Courtroom judged by their peers.
    3. If they are found guilty then sentence them according to the law.

That’s how the law works in a democracy. I don’t see a problem with it at all.

To be honest, as long as they never again see the light of day, I don't care what citizenship they have.

Yeah, bang em up where, after a few years, they'll be in the main population and trying to radicalise anyone who'll listen
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sure they will get better treatment where they are now than where they were.
    As long as they get a fair trial. We must be better than these thugs.
  • DA9 said:

Don’t worry, good old Jezza Corbyn will pick this up and fight for their rights, then blame Israel & the residents of Golders Green for their dilemma.

He Wont , But Cherie Blair will .
  • Make them go and watch Oxford United every week.

Steady on.
  • Addickted said:

1. Reinstate their British citizenship.
    2. Put them on trail in a British Courtroom judged by their peers.
    3. If they are found guilty then sentence them according to the law.

That’s how the law works in a democracy. I don’t see a problem with it at all.

Syria has little in the way of a legal process just now.
    Tough shit. No one forced them to go there and fight.

Let whatever legal process there is left in Syria go through it's course and punish them by Syrian laws.

Did humanitarian aid workers Alan Henning and David Haines, both UK citizens helping locals caught up in this jihad, get a fair trial before they were beheaded by these scum? And it was these scum who did it by their own admission - along with 25 other Western hostages.
    Well said. British citizenship is supposed to mean British values and integration. They threw their own passports away with their behaviour.
  • If they're first generation immigrants we should revoke their passports and leave them too their fate. I'd consider revoking the citizenship/right to remain of immediate family members too. Anything that gives the next wave of religious nutters pause for thought is fine by me.