Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer potentially last game in charge on Monday

Don't know how to add the link but interesting article on Bowyer in the Express this morning. Also, it is mentioned that Richard Murray has advised him Monday's game could be his last one in charge.

Ed. Big interview

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/939001/Lee-Bowyer-Charlton-Athletic-Leeds-United

Comments

• Added article link to opening post
  • Should CARD reinstate a protest for Monday ? We want Bowyer in say we want Bowyer in :smile:
  • If true that's fucking ridiculous with the 2 most important games of the season in 4 days.

Just shows the depths that Murray will go to keep in the limelight what a prick of a decision to make that comment

I hope the man fks off soon

Do you think he will from what you know about these new people?
  • Is this another Kevin Nugent Scenario ?

As it's Charlton, very likely.

• Sponsored links:

• Please. Not another thread. Reckon this has been taken well out of context. Murray probably said to treat each game as his last due to ongoing developments. Please try to remember, Murray said this would be done in February. It's now April.
    Like EVERYBODY else, apart from Roland, they cannot say hand on heart that they know how or when this will end.

Threads like this just whip up the hysteria.
    Please.
    You've seen and heard enough recently surely to not take a nibble.

Sorry, understood mate.
  • Please. Not another thread. Reckon this has been taken well out of context. Murray probably said to treat each game as his last due to ongoing developments. Please try to remember,Murray said this would be done in February. It's now April.
    Like EVERYBODY else, apart from Roland, they cannot say hand on heart that they know how or when this will end.

Please.
    You've seen and heard enough recently surely to not take a nibble.

How very dare you. I want to be outraged.
    Would you like me to be outraged on your behalf? - Seems the done thing these days in many activities, and will only cost a small fee
  • Is this another Kevin Nugent Scenario ?

Kevin Nugent the genius manager that won 1 in 11 games at Barnet and hasn't been a manager since?...
  • Rumours, rumours and more rumours. Bow is allegedly a 'caretaker' coach/manager. It will be up to the new owners who they appoint on a full-time basis. I would love Bow and JJ to prove they can do the job - hopefully by winning the next two games - and convince the new owners they should be left in charge at least until the end of the season.
  • edited March 2018
    Nice one Muzza :smirk:
  • Bowyer does come across well in recent interviews, I remember being impressed with one on his return to the club last year.
    If what Murray has said to him is true, then perhaps we are nearer the end game than it has appeared in the last few days.
    If Bowyer and Jacko continue to lift the team performances as they did in that first game, then any new management structure should feature them as well. And I suspect that once Bowyer, particularly, has had a taste of management here, he is going to want more.
    Going to be an interesting week or so I think..
  • edited March 2018
    Scoham said:

Is this another Kevin Nugent Scenario ?

Kevin Nugent the genius manager that won 1 in 11 games at Barnet and hasn't been a manager since?...
    Ok keep your Barnet on

Only looking at his few games in charge at cafc and the momentum gained.
  • Sponsored links:

• Threads like this just whip up the hysteria.

?? It’s based on what’s published in a national article
  • So it's looking like Bowyer may have only 2 more games in charge according to Murray, which if the new owners have a manager lined up, is fair enough I suppose.

If we win our next 2 games though, it would be a difficult decision to replace Bowyer. (posted earlier on the Bowyer thread).

On the other hand we could get tonked 5-0 twice, and it suddenly becomes much easier
  • LB will be in charge till the end of the season.
  • edited March 2018
    He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't keep the fans updated but if RM had specifically made a point of telling Bowyer this weekend could be his last it's poor form. A caretaker manager, except in the case of Fromage, is what it says but just let him and the team get on with it with six crucial points at stake over Easter. The timing to remind LB not to get 'too comfortable' in the Managers chair is so unnecessary IMO. On this occasion it would have been a case of less said, best mended.
  • Rumours of an imminent takeover by an Australian consortium - with another Leeds legend Kewell their manager-in-waiting - means director Richard Murray has already ready warned Bowyer that Monday’s game against Rotherham may be his last.

“If they get rid of me after three games, I don’t know if that would be enough for me to see if this is really what I want to do,” Bowyer admits.

That’s the only quote I can see linking this claim in the whole article. Not exactly cut and dry. I’d imagine it’s more one (or in this case because of the bank holiday 2 games) at a time.
  • edited March 2018

?? It’s based on what’s published in a national article
    Mate. It's a 'prepare for the worse' turn of phrase. Nothing's changed. Murray still hasn't got a scooby.
    Really no need for a new thread.
  • F@ck me we've only played 1 game under Lee
  • Scoham said:

Is this another Kevin Nugent Scenario ?

Ok keep your Barnet on

Only looking at his few games in charge at cafc and the momentum gained.
    Few being 2. Did well but not enough to prove anything either way.

Saying that I'd like Bowyer to get until the end of the season.
  • Halix said:

So it's looking like Bowyer may have only 2 more games in charge according to Murray, which if the new owners have a manager lined up, is fair enough I suppose.

If we win our next 2 games though, it would be a difficult decision to replace Bowyer. (posted earlier on the Bowyer thread).

On the other hand we could get tonked 5-0 twice, and it suddenly becomes much easier
    Exactly.

People getting all excited over one game.

The new owners will know who they want and it is probably academic what Bowyer(and Jacko) do.