Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cat serial killer

Another cat murdered according to the news - some psycho is at large in Croydon. I think the police have to catch this person - the cats are loved family pets, but who can say the psycho won't move on to people.

Comments

• Think I saw signs around Eltham about people killing and mutilating foxes. £10,000 reward for info on the people doing it.

As anoying as Foxes are it must be some nutter to do that to them. And the person killing cats is an even bigger nutcase.
  • There are some real sickos out there.
  • We’ve got one of the SNARL reward posters up in our porch and so have several of our neighbours. 6-7 cats have been killed in Petts Wood alone over the last 18 months, 1 only a road away from us.

Our cats are locked in every night after 9pm now, cat flap is on an electronic timer.

It’s unbelievable that this killer is responsible for hundreds of animal deaths now and the police are no closer to catching the fcuker that’s doing it!
  • There is also someone killing swans in Thamesmead. Just mutilating them. A group of locals have been keeping watch when they can in shifts. Another was killed recently
  • Wouldn’t be surprised if it was more than one person doing it.

I'm sure there are copycat killers ( no pun intended).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    I work at the RSPCA, there are thousands of people out there that are abusing innocent animal based family members.
  • They often say serial killers start on animals 1st whilst I am a horse racing fan ( which imo isn’t animal cruelty ) I never understand why people want to hurt animals, the farmer that hung his dog imo should swing spineless cunt
  • As i have 2 cats, I would happily feed the bastards gonads to the cats at a rescue home.
  • Are they being poisoned ?
  • Wouldn’t be surprised if it was more than one person doing it.

Has been happening all across South East London and surrounding areas for a long time. My aunt's been getting her cat in Orpington in before dark for about 18 months. Recently seen a "Beware" sign go up in hither green.

To widespread to be just one person. Would love the chance to make an example of one of them, twisted, evil scum.
  • It's hugely widespread, whoever is doing this will move on to people. They need to be caught it's a disgusting crime and I would have no problem with some vigilante justice beig meted out to the wrong un who is doing this to family pets and any other animal for that matter. In fact I'd do it myself.

There have been cats found mutilated in Medway, Hertfordshire but mainly Croydon and South East London.
  • Carter said:

It's hugely widespread, whoever is doing this will move on to people. They need to be caught it's a disgusting crime and I would have no problem with some vigilante justice beig meted out to the wrong un who is doing this to family pets and any other animal for that matter. In fact I'd do it myself.

There have been cats found mutilated in Medway, Hertfordshire but mainly Croydon and South East London.

Assume it's more than one person, sadly.
  • What the law has to recognise is that a family pet is not an animal to the owners, but part of their family. If they catch this person or people they should punish them accordingly.

And people deranged enough to do this could easily move to people you would imagine and resources should be given based on that!

Castration with a rusty knife sounds fair
  • Sponsored links:

• Throw them in the Lions enclosure at London Zoo - that would be fitting
  • MrOneLung said:

Are they being poisoned ?

I think it is generally blunt force trauma then mutilated. Horrible.

My cat can be a right arsehole at times, and is responsible for the sharp decrease in my local bird population. But i would be devastated if something happened to him, I just cannot get my head around someone doing this.
  • It's spread into the CR postcodes of Surrey too, couple of cats killed in Caterham/Warlingham/Selsdon and reports that someone in Caterham saw a bloke with a head-torch on approaching a cat before running away when confronted.

The only problem with encouraging vigilante behaviour in this circumstance is that there a lot of people (myself included) who will approach a random cat in the street, but have no intention of ever harming it.

They need to find this cretin and quick.
  • Has to be more than 1 person surely. I know most of these cat deaths have been in and around London but i read a report saying some were further afield like the Isle of Wight and Manchester.
  • Our three cats are shut in overnight, originally due to the layout of our house and us not wanting them wandering all over the place whilst we're asleep. Now I'm quite glad they aren't out as I'd hate to think of some sicko doing anything to hurt them. Plus our 3 year old daughter has become very attached to them and she'd be especially heartbroken.
  • Have two cats and have been following this closely for a while now.

One of my cats is very free spirited and hates not being able to come and go as she pleases, so have made the choice not to lock the cat flap up at night as I believe the stress of it would not be good for her in the long run - fortunately for me living on a main road is that I do not really think my cats ever wonder out the front.

I wonder how someone could get away with this for such a consistently long time? Surely law of averages would state that eventually they would get caught by someone.
  • Are the cats disappearing or are the bodies being found?