Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer at The Valley - next one in Feb ***

Comments

• Just had mine done, tremendous initiative. Well done to all involved and thank you.
  • All done. Painless.
    I fucking love this football club - leading the way once again

Lll&bh
  • Fck me I must be getting old, I remember when he was a young lad breaking into the first team and now he’s a grey haired caretaker...
  • Dental nurse: Okay Del, just a little prick

Del Boy: Oh you have met Rodney then. :smile:
  • Yep, had mine done.

Very nice (Australian) nurse took my blood, work that one out!

• Tra
    Tracey said:

Thanks to everyone who had the test and for supporting this first ever event on a match day. I don’t have final numbers yet but we believe over 300 tests were done.
    Amazing support from the media which included Sky filming Scott Minto and Dickie Davis having it done.
    Thank you all again.

Tracey
    Thanks to you for organising this. I have been meaning to get this checked for the last few months and the timing of the opportunity was brilliant.
  • Lee looks like he doesn't like needles in that picture
  • Sponsored links:

• What was fantastic about what Tracey and the team achieved yesterday was Charlton not only set some guys on to the next stage of a camera up the back passage (no long lens !) But reassured many over 45 that things are fine for now and to be pro active in the future.

Plus CAFC received good publicity instead of the usual negative toxic comedic stuff of the last 5 years.
  • What was fantastic about what Tracey and the team achieved yesterday was Charlton not only set some guys on to the next stage of a camera up the back passage (no long lens !) But reassured many over 45 that things are fine for now and to be pro active in the future.

Plus CAFC received good publicity instead of the usual negative toxic comedic stuff of the last 5 years.

Oi less of the 45
  • clb74 said:

What was fantastic about what Tracey and the team achieved yesterday was Charlton not only set some guys on to the next stage of a camera up the back passage (no long lens !) But reassured many over 45 that things are fine for now and to be pro active in the future.

Oi less of the 45
    Meant to say that the guys yesterday looked as if they were over 45( the stress of Duchatelet)
  • Had mine done, the lovely lady at the middle table (Melanie?)- I'm not keen on needles but this was painless - followed by a conversation with Brian Cole and Tom Rubashow!
    Thanks for organising and promoting this, @Tracey
  • Had my results through today. Anyone else had theirs?
  • JamesSeed said:

Had my results through today. Anyone else had theirs?

Nope.
  • edited March 2018
    Mine was high. But off on our hols for a couple of weeks, so can't do anything about it for now. Bit of a dampener.

:-(
  • Well 1st thought thank fuck i aint got a letter then kicks in some have so thoughts with them
  • My mate collects at grounds up and down the country for this, since his dad died. They do all 72 league clubs and he also did the League Cup final. They get free entry to the game's as well. Premier League clubs aren't included, probably because they won't give free tickets to the collectors. I think the amount collected v Plymouth was pretty good in comparison with the other games he has done. He said it was sad to see the ground so empty though.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you have a high reading, don't panic. It’s not necessarily as bad as you think.
    NHS website has info about PSA tests.
  • edited March 2018
    Thanks for the clarification @Tracey

My understanding is there can be many reasons for s high reading so it’s always worth a second opinion.

Part of me is grateful I haven’t received a letter yet and part of me thinks it’s bevause my postman is lazy!

We’ll fight this chaps...all the way
  • Pleased to get my results today, and reassured to get a reading which is low for my age range and green!
  • edited March 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Mine was high. But off on our hols for a couple of weeks, so can't do anything about it for now. Bit of a dampener.

Remember James it's just an indicator.
    I had a blood test a fortnight ago where I was tested for 6 different things. 4 were fine but my PSA and cholesterol were high. Chatted to a doctor and decided to retake the PSA test in 6 weeks. If the same reading will take the invasive next step.

My mate collects at grounds up and down the country for this, since his dad died. They do all 72 league clubs and he also did the League Cup final. They get free entry to the game's as well. Premier League clubs aren't included, probably because they won't give free tickets to the collectors. I think the amount collected v Plymouth was pretty good in comparison with the other games he has done. He said it was sad to see the ground so empty though.

Lucky he wasn't at the Fleetwood game the week before. There were 5k less !
  • My results arrived today. Reading 1.6 for a 51 represents GREEN in my case which is reassuring albeit I am very aware that a low reading from this test cannot be taken in isolation. Best of luck to those of you whose results came out higher. Just make sure that you seek further testing to rule out any underlying problems.
  • meldrew66 said:

My results arrived today. Reading 1.6 for a 51 represents GREEN in my case which is reassuring albeit I am very aware that a low reading from this test cannot be taken in isolation. Best of luck to those of you whose results came out higher. Just make sure that you seek further testing to rule out any underlying problems.

Green here as well, phew!...........................for the time being anyway.

• If you did get an elevated reading and your doctor orders a retest, check whether there is anything you should (but mostly shouldn’t) do leading up to it.

I was advised to avoid sexual activity, alcohol, coffee and riding my bike for a few days leading up to the test. They also gave me a low dose antibiotic to take for 10 days in case it was caused by an infection.

The follow up was in normal range. So some combination of these factors was responsible for the elevated reading.

But make sure you do follow up.
  • 0.73 so green.

Really relieved as my dad was diagnosed about 2 months ago and this had been on my mind. Thanks to the club I can rest a little easier for now and concentrate on sorting my old man out.
  • Got my results today. Green. Glad i done the test and a massive shout out to @Tracey for organising it.
  • Did any of The Plymouth fans take part?