Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers (A) Sat Apr 7th (300 terrace tix available on day)

edited April 2018 in General Charlton
Anyone off to this one?

Comments

• Planning on going at the moment.
  • Living in Taunton, Yep x
  • Funnily enough, yes! Bit closer than my usual trip to home games :smile:

What boozers can you recommend near the ground.

On the main road a couple of hundred yards from the ground near the home only pubs is a nice little micro brewery pub. Its no bigger than someone's front room but the ales and ciders were superb last year and competitively priced. .

Pub is the drapers arms and is on Gloucester Road...That's where I would be heading if I was going.
  • It was this or Porstmouth, I was going to both, I got the "bloody football be glad when it's over". I wanted Porstmouth, but was out voted, we are going to Bristol. New ground for both of us.
  • It was this or Porstmouth, I was going to both, I got the "bloody football be glad when it's over". I wanted Porstmouth, but was out voted, we are going to Bristol. New ground for both of us.

You should have said "f*** ya then I'll do both"!
  • Sponsored links:

On the main road a couple of hundred yards from the ground near the home only pubs is a nice little micro brewery pub. Its no bigger than someone's front room but the ales and ciders were superb last year and competitively priced. .
    That should be ideal to house our away following then
    I reckon we'll have between 7-800.
  • Off to this as well, new ground syndrome, though it seems that there might be some football to watch as well
  • yep, making a proper weekend of it and staying a couple of nights. only been to Bristol once before and really enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to this.
  • According to a friend who is a Rovers supporter, something went wrong with the relaying of the pitch last summer, and the playing surface is awful. Hope Bowyer is up to speed on this, because it will certainly affect the game. Yes, both teams play on the same pitch, but they are used to it!
  • Was thinking about it but maybe not Train £63.90
  • edited March 2018

Funnily enough, yes! Bit closer than my usual trip to home games :smile:

Sorry, missed this. Too busy checking the takeover thread :) .The Drapers Arms mentioned by Chippy above is a very good micropub, though we'll be in the Wellington, which is also pretty near the ground. The Annexe Inn also has decent beers but haven't been there for a couple of years. All are away fan friendly.
  • Booked this today, where will the away fans be drinking pre game? The boy can't go so flying solo.
  • depending on how results go tomorrow, BR could only be 1 point behind us. Big game, hopefully take a decent following. Presume we can buy on the door?
  • What's the price of a three bed semi in Bristol, then?

Easy 100 grand
  • Sponsored links:

• Mike said:

depending on how results go tomorrow, BR could only be 1 point behind us. Big game, hopefully take a decent following. Presume we can buy on the door?

Not being able to pay on the day can only extend to a maximum of two games a season. Part with cash with no worries beforehand.
  • bought for the terrace, at least it looks like it's going to be dry!
  • Mike said:

bought for the terrace, at least it looks like it's going to be dry!

This weekend would have been horrible to stand on that terrace...
  • How many sold for this? Might shift a few today for this one and for Pompey.
  • Staying with family down there so will be in home end, then a trip to Pompey in a couple of weeks. Bowyer, don’t screw this up!
  • E-cafc said:

How many sold for this? Might shift a few today for this one and for Pompey.

Around 650 so far for rovers
  • Bringing the husband, our nephew and his wife to this one. No pressure Lee/JJ.
  • Meeting up with a bunch of Bristol mates. The Windmill for early drinks before heading across town.
  • Tried to change the dogs appointment at the groomers but can’t!
    Gutted, cos what I saw against Rotherham was a world apart from the crap I saw us serving up against Shrewsbury.
  • So jealous...
    14000 km away...
    Any Ifollowing cocktails/takeaways/perfumes recommendations..??