Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good luck Chris Solly

You’ve a job winning that right back slot back.

Was impressed when I say Djiksteel earlier in the season but that was superb today

Comments

• Ahmed Kashi leaves on a Free in the summer / Dijksteel moves into Midfield

Simple
  • Outstanding display by the young lad.
  • Ahmed Kashi leaves on a Free in the summer / Dijksteel moves into Midfield

Simple

Kashi will want to be part of the revolution
  • Thought both full backs were outstanding today.

Interesting as Page has had a few negative comments on here since he joined
  • He was fabulous. Like a brick wall - no one was getting past him.
  • Thought both full backs were outstanding today.

Interesting as Page has had a few negative comments on here since he joined
    He's been oblivious compared to Dasilva... If he plays like that every week, we might not need a new LB in the summer
  • Sponsored links:

• I am a big Solly fan but I said at the oldham away game his time was up and that kid today showed that he more than capable to take over

Everything comes to an end
  • At times I thought he looked laboured and slow to the ball but he won pretty much everything I thought he wouldn't get. Very impressed. Robinson you fool
  • Saw Solly in the car park after the game talking to a fan

I didn't catch the whole conversation, but it seems the injury isn't the same as the previous knee problem
  • He really stepped up 2nd half and won everything. Agree with those saying right back probably isn't his best position
  • We know how well Solly can play - it is up to him to get back to his best. Dijksteel's first touch let him down a couple of times needlessly turning the next touch into a challenge for the ball, but he is so powerful he won those challenges. There was one incident with a 50/50 tackle that the strength of his tackle put the Plymouth player on the floor. There were a couple of times during the game where I remarked that Solly would have struggled there (this season's Solly I mean). He will always be a charlton legend and I won't write him off.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    cafctom said:

1 good game doesn't mean you automatically replace one of the best players at the club and our captain.

He looked good but I'm not entirely sure right back is his best position. Great tackler but I reckon more suited to midfield.

He's not one of the best players anymore, sure he has the odd good game, but they are rare now. Also he's been a useless Captain, not vocal enough. Dijksteel will hopefully get a run of games now.

Solly has been a fantastic representative of the club I'd be happy for him to stay and hopefully remain an important member of the squad, but realistically, he is now replaceable.
  • There is a flaw in this thinking.

We see a number of players look far better in a 442 and without Tarbuck but then dismiss those players not on the pitch such as Solly and Magennis.

Who's to say they wouldn't thrive in the new formation too.

Echos of the "come in number 4" thread and it's premature evaluation.

Agreed... Zyro was really good today and will be harsh to drop him yet we cant forget that Magennis has looked poor simply because he's been up top on his own all season

Ironically his best game of late was against Walsall in January - Funnily that was when we went 4-4-2...
    I agree but Zyro and Ajose do seem to work very well with each other.
  • Solly

I didn't see much of Joe Gomez, and when I did see him, he and the team were going through a bad spell ( what's new!) especially when he came on as a sub at Ipswich. I have to say Djiksteel's performance yesterday was far more impressive than anything I saw from Gomez.

Oh dear
  • Anfernee is a 20 year old Dutch boy who came through the Nike academy. Had a run of games last season for U23s as a central defender, however he is more of a midfield player. Playing last season for the U23s with Joe Aribo in midfield they were a very strong unit.
  • Scoham said:

I didn't see much of Joe Gomez, and when I did see him, he and the team were going through a bad spell ( what's new!) especially when he came on as a sub at Ipswich. I have to say Djiksteel's performance yesterday was far more impressive than anything I saw from Gomez.

You didn't see enough of Gomez.
    Going through a bad spell ? He wasn't here long enough (1st team player) to go through a bad spell. He wasn't the finished article but was /is one hell of a player. Did he play for England Friday ? How was he ?