Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

masicat said:

I disagree - these players cannot pass a ball 10 yards. Fosu continually makes bad decisions. As for the rest, let’s see where they end up. Da Silva aside, I suspect none of them will play at a high level. The Konsa rumours were rumours.
    We don’t even have a player who can take a free kick or corner.

Did you rate players such as Jenkinson, Francis, Fox and Pope? I agree some overrate our players but some will improve and progress as they always have done. We've had plenty that have been inconsistent or played when the club was a mess yet gone on to do well at a higher level. I don't see this group being any different, even if it's only 3 or 4 of them that make that step up.
    I did rate all 4. In fact, I rated Fox more than most. That said, I didn’t rate Dale Stephens, so what do I know.
  • Options

Heard from a member of staff at the club that apprently it's been going around that Robinson is set to leave us within 24 hours

Predictable I guess.

Prehaps JJ or JE will do the press conference if true?

I bet he doesn’t.
  • Options

Heard from a member of staff at the club that apprently it's been going around that Robinson is set to leave us within 24 hours

Predictable I guess.

Prehaps JJ or JE will do the press conference if true?

Lianne on reception won’t be happy.
  • Options
    Good point Ken, I'll be baffled if he is still here Friday

We are a circus you just couldn't make it up
  • Options
    Cafc website and social media is quiet this morning ?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

This club has been flying in the face of all logic for several years now - so if our resident second hand car salesman/James Corden tribute act leaves, I reckon I'll have a flutter on us winning the playoffs, such is the potential for a totally unexpected new manager bounce...

Keep the stake low, better still get @seth plum to go halves with you :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

I’m glad Richard Murray is still here keeping everything together.

So true.

Why is Richard still here, he might as well leave now too, everyone might as well take the afternoon off.

Really feels like nothing matters and this season now feels,officially written off.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I’m glad Richard Murray is still here keeping everything together.

He's not stupid mate, it's a sh*t storm so best to keep one's head down in case it ruins his reputation. :smirk:
  • Options
    The reason Murray is still here is the fact he has several million at stake
  • Options
    Assuming the Robinson offering to resign story is true then for the first time I actually have some respect for him, seems strange RD would not accept it though, as surely he does not have to pay Robinson anything if it is a resignation?
  • Options
    DPFC said:

Granted he has £2.4m secured by a debenture but not the sole reason. It's become a way of life being at the top table for so long. An addiction if you like (excuse the pun) which he just can't give up.
  • Options
    Is there not a pre-match press conference today?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Assuming the Robinson offering to resign story is true then for the first time I actually have some respect for him, seems strange RD would not accept it though, as surely he does not have to pay Robinson anything if it is a resignation?

A resignation in football is completely different from a resignation everywhere else. He has offered to leave in return for a significant amount of money - could be three months pay, could be payment for the remainder of his contract or it could just be asking Roland to release him from his contract without demanding any compensation from Oxford. And he's only offered to go because he's got another job ready to walk straight into.

I'm not sure why this would generate any respect. He's not doing anything noble, he's asking the club for a favour - "please can I be released from my contract that still has roughly 15 months to run?"
    Thanks for clearing that up, when they said resignation, I naively took it to mean resignation not will you pay me my money early please, brief glimmer of respect for him I had is gone.

Not that I have a problem with him wanting his money, just as you say, it is not a noble gesture or doing the right thing for the club/team in any way at all.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I don't think anyone can really blame KR for not walking away without a payout. Most would do the same.

Seems quite clear from the latest Dr Kish that KR won't be in charge this weekend. I'd happily have JJ in charge till the end of the season. He always gives us a lift when needed

On the pitch yes. Fans will be more up for it on Saturday. Perhaps more would turn up.
    But from there, who knows how the players will respond, and how he'll perform in the manager's role. I guess we'll find out by the sounds of it. Can't be any worse than the last two matches can it?
    Wasn't it only four matches ago we were happy enough after a decent performance and a win at MKD? How time flies.
    You were happy lots more still wanted him out
    Always happy to go away, and even happier if we win. There was a good turnout at MKD. You were there?

We hadn’t played well for quite a few matches before MKD, but even against them we were overrun fo mr about 20 mins in the second half, partly because of tactics, partly because we lack balls in midfield and have for some time. That’s down to Roland not allowing recruitment, although I expect you’ll blame Robinson. But hey, never let the facts spoil a good story lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

MrLargo said:

A resignation in football is completely different from a resignation everywhere else. He has offered to leave in return for a significant amount of money - could be three months pay, could be payment for the remainder of his contract or it could just be asking Roland to release him from his contract without demanding any compensation from Oxford. And he's only offered to go because he's got another job ready to walk straight into.

I'm not sure why this would generate any respect. He's not doing anything noble, he's asking the club for a favour - "please can I be released from my contract that still has roughly 15 months to run?"
    Thanks for clearing that up, when they said resignation, I naively took it to mean resignation not will you pay me my money early please, brief glimmer of respect for him I had is gone.

Not that I have a problem with him wanting his money, just as you say, it is not a noble gesture or doing the right thing for the club/team in any way at all.
    You're basing what you say on somebody else's opinion though.

Nobody on here knows yet what's actually happening. It's just speculation.

• Options
    DPFC said:

Nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I don't think anyone can really blame KR for not walking away without a payout. Most would do the same.

Seems quite clear from the latest Dr Kish that KR won't be in charge this weekend. I'd happily have JJ in charge till the end of the season. He always gives us a lift when needed

On the pitch yes. Fans will be more up for it on Saturday. Perhaps more would turn up.
    But from there, who knows how the players will respond, and how he'll perform in the manager's role. I guess we'll find out by the sounds of it. Can't be any worse than the last two matches can it?
    Wasn't it only four matches ago we were happy enough after a decent performance and a win at MKD? How time flies.
    Always happy to go away, and even happier if we win. There was a good turnout at MKD. You were there?

We hadn’t played well for quite a few matches before MKD, but even against them we were overrun fo mr about 20 mins in the second half, partly because of tactics, partly because we lack balls in midfield and have for some time. That’s down to Roland not allowing recruitment, although I expect you’ll blame Robinson. But hey, never let the facts spoil a good story lol.
    No I didn't go the MK because I refuse to give money to a club who cheated there way into the league.
    KR winning one game in a blue moon against a team in the bottom 3 is hardly a great result.
    He supported the owners, knowing that we were a basket case of a club he's words. He's has had three transfer windows and we are no better than we were under Slade. He just makes it up as he goes along. Now it's RD fault because he's not willing to pay him out.

I moved jobs and never expected to be paid out for jumping ship.

Quite right. But you don’t know the facts About Robbo. Who says he’s after a payout? It’s most likely that he wants Duchâtelet to let him go without having to pay compensation for quitting his contract early. Who could blame him.

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

maybe instead of chasing wonder boy (Reeves) for six months his efforts would have been better spent chasing a striker. He knew what he was getting into. No sympathy at all from me, not one iota. Can't wait till the FF pisses off.

Well we hear all sorts of stories about who he was and wasn’t chasing. Your anger and hatred is way OTT the way I see it. Sure, he turned out not to be very good, but he tried his best under difficult circumstances, and was found wanting when the goon got tough. I don’t get the personal insults and jibes though, from grown men.

I hope you’ll be happy to give his replacement time (with backing) to improve things, or have you become used to managers being hired and fired. It’s going to be a tough job, whoever gets it.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    PopIcon said:

I disagree - Fosu is a terrific but raw player - Bauer, Pearce and Da Silva are defenders who would get into most teams. You could say the same for JFC and Kashi and then we have promising youngsters like Konsa (being courted by Premiership clubs) and Aribo. And Amos has looked decent this season! The problem is not the players we have, but possibly the players we don't have to provide the best balance!

Most teams? I'm assuming you mean League One teams? Load of rubbish. None of our players would get in to the Wigan or Blackburn teams (the automatic spots).

Yeah, KR is tactically inept, but our team lacks really quality. We are fortunate to be anywhere near the play offs.
    I'd add Shrewsbury into that as well. There is a (understandable) tendency on here to sometimes over-inflate the ability of the players we have. At best, the majority are a reflection of the mediocrity of the league in which they play. Likewise, their manager also mirrors that demonstrable conclusion.

Shrewsbury and Wigan at The Valley was men against boys for example.