Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Kwell??

Some speculation apparently surrounding Harry Kwell coming in as gaffer if the Australian consortium take over. Crawley fans not too happy , was in paper. Bookies are still making Robbo favourite for the Oxford job.

Could ring true?

https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/australian-consortium-want-charlton-and-kewell-reports-the-mirror-1-8423019

Comments

• Kwell that's the first we've heard of that
  • Wasn't he once called "fluffy Bum" by one of his Exgirlfriends?
  • Pretty much the same record at Crawley as Gobinson has at Charlton, ~36% win rate.
  • Just supposing it were to happen, I wonder how he gets on with Bowyer (can't remember if they were at Leeds together). i.e. Could there still be a job for him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ohh I love CL puns.
  • Rizzo said:

Pretty much the same record at Crawley as Gobinson has at Charlton, ~36% win rate.

but I bet his budget by League Two standards isn't one of the best in the division

• edited March 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Some Kwellity puns going on here.

And they're about as as funny as Patrick Kwellty

• Rizzo said:

Pretty much the same record at Crawley as Gobinson has at Charlton, ~36% win rate.

Whats Crawley's budget like compared with the rest of League Two though?

They finished 19th last season with 13 wins / 21-defeats / 53-goals / 71-conceded (51-pts)
    This season they're in 12th; 15-wins / 14-defeats / 44-goals / 46-conceded and have 53-pts

So there is a definite improvement from Harry Kewell compared to their Manager last season
  • Rizzo said:

15 wins 8 draws 19 losses. Hardly likely to have us beating Sunderland and others that come down and possibly Wigan.
  • Rizzo said:

15 wins 8 draws 19 losses. Hardly likely to have us beating Sunderland and others that come down and possibly Wigan.
    My comment was not to praise Kewell so much as indicate that the (at the time of typing) incumbent is nothing to write home about.
  • RedMist said:

Kwell bad spelling innit.

Silent K?
  • Rizzo said:

Rizzo said:

My comment was not to praise Kewell so much as indicate that the (at the time of typing) incumbent is nothing to write home about.
    Crawley though are not big hitters in League Two!!... He's over achieving with them

If he can do it with Crawley he surely can do that with us

Robinson on the other hand has always under achieved whether it be with MK Dons or Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Just supposing it were to happen, I wonder how he gets on with Bowyer (can't remember if they were at Leeds together). i.e. Could there still be a job for him?

Very well, lee was coaching with him at Watford and mentioned he speaks to him quite a bit at Bromley Addicks I am sure.
  • Does this mean we will just get a string of Aussie managers and players if this Australian lot take over?
  • Does this mean we will just get a string of Aussie managers and players if this Australian lot take over?

France v Australia (16th June)
    Denmark v Australia (21st June)
    Australia v Peru (26th June)

Chance for you to see the Charlton stars of the future at the World Cup

France v Australia (16th June)
    Denmark v Australia (21st June)
    Australia v Peru (26th June)

Chance for you to see the Charlton stars of the future at the World Cup
    Griezmann, Eriksen and Carrillo?
  • Charlton fans, you just gotta love'em.
    Forgetting their a bang average League 1 side.
    Kewell maybe a rookie manager but could play 45 minutes and take the corners.

If we get taken over by an Italian owner we will get Gianfranco Zola, a shite manager but still good enough to play 45 minutes and take the corners.

If we get taken over by a Dutch owner, we will get Frank de Boer, a Palace reject but still good enough to play 45 minutes and take the corners.

See the trend
  • In kwell we trust