Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Fight? With this lot?
  • se9addick said:

I think with a new owner in the week and a new manager - even if it is JJ or Euell as a caretaker - you might see a win on Saturday that will put us right back in it. Something needs to change and it isn't too late, but it is nearly too late which probably amounts to the same thing!

Plymouth are one of the most in-form teams in the country, unbeaten in their last 9 games winning 8 of them. Getting rid of Robinson might help a bit, but I'm quite concerned that we could get battered at home to Plymouth Argyle which would be a real low point. I'm hoping sanity prevails and whoever is in charge of the side picks a formation that actually suits the players we have available rather than shoehorning players into random positions to suit a formation.
    It concerns me too - and is more likely as the team lacks fight - a change at the top can sometimes give a team fight - sometimes!
  • I think with a new owner in the week and a new manager - even if it is JJ or Euell as a caretaker - you might see a win on Saturday that will put us right back in it. Something needs to change and it isn't too late, but it is nearly too late which probably amounts to the same thing!

No one at the club is thinking like this ergo nothing is going to change.

We will finish 11-15th by the time this season is all wrapped up.

I just pray the takeover goes through soon. We are sleepwalking into a very dangerous season if Roland is still here in August. Relegation fight this time next year a very real possibility.
    I admire your optimism. If we are in this state next season, with equivalent players/manager/ no CEO etc, I'd love to know where sme fight would come from. We'll be 15 points adrift of safety the rate we are going. The good thing is that RD will still be losing money hand over fist, but the club will be on life support, with the doctors considering pulling the plug. We badly need new owners (ambitious, rich new owners) in place before the end of the season. We could probably cobble something together with a summer take over, but it is unlikely we would have time to bring in a manager with credentials to take us up, and for him to get a squad in place to achieve that. Imagine how the gates will be if we are mid table next season....
  • We all know or at least can be pretty sure of that if nothing changes - even with Robbo gone - we are going to get relegated next season.
  • All the whilst we do not have a CEO then we can be rest assured that the sale will be soon.

• I think with a new owner in the week and a new manager - even if it is JJ or Euell as a caretaker - you might see a win on Saturday that will put us right back in it. Something needs to change and it isn't too late, but it is nearly too late which probably amounts to the same thing!

I just pray the takeover goes through soon. We are sleepwalking into a very dangerous season if Roland is still here in August. Relegation fight this time next year a very real possibility.
    I admire your optimism. If we are in this state next season, with equivalent players/manager/ no CEO etc, I'd love to know where sme fight would come from. We'll be 15 points adrift of safety the rate we are going. The good thing is that RD will still be losing money hand over fist, but the club will be on life support, with the doctors considering pulling the plug. We badly need new owners (ambitious, rich new owners) in place before the end of the season. We could probably cobble something together with a summer take over, but it is unlikely we would have time to bring in a manager with credentials to take us up, and for him to get a squad in place to achieve that. Imagine how the gates will be if we are mid table next season....
    You’d like to think any new owner would have a manager already lined up and that manager would already be drawing up a list of transfer targets. I agree though that a takeover late in the summer would make things very difficult indeed.

You’d like to think any new owner would have a manager already lined up and that manager would already be drawing up a list of transfer targets. I agree though that a takeover late in the summer would make things very difficult indeed.
    That is my hope, that whoever the owner ends up being that they are smart enough to have most of their plans for success next season sorted & ready to implement once RD finally relents his grip on our club.

It's been too late for the last few weeks - just accept it.

Diara
  • Sponsored links:

• This is all getting a bit serious, I demand to see the size of the humbug !
  • Grumpy said:

This is all getting a bit serious, I demand to see the size of the humbug !

I suspect there is more than enough humbug to go round - sadly, most of it of the Bah! Humbug! variety, rather than the lickable type.
  • Poetry, Pot Noodles and now fucking Humbugs !!!!
  • edited March 2018
    Stuck this on the post match views thread, by mistake...written while enjoying my free coffee and Times at Waitrose, Balham after school drop off. Living the dream.

As a newbie Charlton fan I realise
    There is much mystery to grasp
    Keeping the faith next season
    Will be a gangantuan task
    To buy or not to buy a new season ticket?
    Will new owners step up to a crumbling wicket?
    Will they have mountains of money to spend
    Or will Roly prevaricate til the predictable end?
    No ceo, no manager, no financial officer
    Just an old crazy fool, a failed philosopher
    He wants too much money for Charlton Athletic
    His time at the club has been f*cking pathetic

God let’s hope the sale happens this week or else you'll have to suffer more of this stuff...
  • I think it's time we got the rumour mill turning again, so I thought I'd dig this picture out again

• Addickted said:

I think it's time we got the rumour mill turning again, so I thought I'd dig this picture out again

It's a German takeover!?
  • It’s the German horse takeover...Hurrah!
  • Poetry, Pot Noodles and now fucking Humbugs !!!!

Err , isn't that abuse of humbugs ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't we got any better straws to clutch at? :(
  • Haven't we got any better straws to clutch at? :(

If they're plastic ones, then, no, Mutts.
  • cfgs said:
    In the dearth of anything to write about, he's just flying a kite. A small, shabby kite, seen by very few, but a kite all the same.
  • cfgs said:
    In the dearth of anything to write about, he's just flying a kite. A small, shabby kite, seen by very few, but a kite all the same.
    Is that really necessary?

• cfgs said:
    When the wind blows a small shabby kite is better than no kite at all.
  • edited March 2018
    cfgs said:
    Maybe a link to the Oxford United move rather than takeover and tin tack.

• Knowing RD, he will probably sell in the last week of the summer transfer period or just after it has closed, so we will not have time to bring in new players. That will be his farewell gift to us
  • edited March 2018
    ross1 said:

Knowing RD, he will probably sell in the last week of the summer transfer period or just after it has closed, so we will not have time to bring in new players. That will be his farewell gift to us

Do you know RD? :0)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!