Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ant McPartlin arrested

Drink / Driving suspected - arrested at the scene of a road accident when people were treated for minor injuries.

Guys clearly a mess and needs to be away from the public eye. What about Saturday - Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway?

Biggest double act in showbiz and you wonder how it will recover.

Comments

• Drink / Driving suspected - arrested at the scene of a road accident when people were treated for minor injuries.

Guys clearly a mess and needs to be away from the public eye. What about Saturday - Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway?

Biggest double act in showbiz and you wonder how it will recover.

Act? They don't actually do anything do they? Hopefully he'll get the Carragher treatment and be suspended.
  • We have watched the last two shows, for us just a demented bunch making a terrible noise. Seems to me that Ant is supplying the entire audience.
  • Did someone decant too much wine?

Ouch!! :smile:
  • He only went out for a takeaway....
  • Sponsored links:

• Let’s get ready to stumble

Haha. Proper giggling at that. I know you're not known for your jokes but that's your one liner for the decade (at least)!
  • Dec must be absolutely bricking himself now. If Ant goes down, so does Dec's career, although it seems he's already made enough money to not have to do another days 'work' in his life if he doesn't want to (or can't).
  • I would imagine he has an illness given previous revelations. Of course drink driving kills so you can't be too soft on him, but I can't help feeling a bit sorry for him. I don't really watch their shows - to much same old same old to the same formula but that is irrelevant. I assume he has been getting help.
  • All that money and he's too stupid and tight to get a taxi. Absolutely zero sympathy.

My first thought Gary.
  • Ant & Dec Takenaway. Well one at least.
  • edited March 2018
    Well, he'll have to go back to a bit of biker roving after the driving ban coming up.
    I'm not an Ant and Dec fan, though i am actually impressed how they still come across like young lads somehow, despite being in their forties. And apparently their kids shows were funny.
    But anyway, what does surprise me a little is how this incident even occurred. The guy must be minted, surely someone could drive him home if he was a bit squiffy, particularly after the troubles he had last year.
    It might affect his career, but somehow I doubt it. If it does,well, they haven't had a bad run tbf.
  • I like them both and they make great TV, but he's on a path of self destruction and public sympathy with him will soon run low after this one... no defending him here.
  • A mixture of anger (at doing something which could have killed someone) but also pity, as the guy clearly has some serious issues.
  • Rizzo said:

Dec must be absolutely bricking himself now. If Ant goes down, so does Dec's career, although it seems he's already made enough money to not have to do another days 'work' in his life if he doesn't want to (or can't).

No Dec'll be fine. They could easily get someone like Holly Willoughby to present with him or the Geordie girl off Gogglebox.

Whether Dec will want to present without Ant is another matter though. He didn't do anything whilst Ant was in rehab, but might be a different story if Ant takes some long term time out.
  • F*ck him. Hope he gets fired and never reappears on our TV screens again, etc, etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• He's either a very good actor or he's doesn't give a shit. I understand marriage break up, meant health issues etc but why drink drive,?
  • dickplumb said:

Am I the only person who can’t stand Ant and Dec?

I wouldn't go quite that far - but I wouldn't be too upset if they disappeared from our screens
  • dickplumb said:

Nope. Not by a long way.
  • dickplumb said:

Your not alone, it surprises me how they are so popular
  • dickplumb said:

Because the vast majority of the general public are easily manipulated by the media to like whatever is put in front of them, until they are nicked for one thing or another
  • dickplumb said:

Because the vast majority of the general public are easily manipulated by the media to like whatever is put in front of them, until they are nicked for one thing or another
    absolutely spot on.