Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Unrecognisable

To the team from the first ten games of the season.

We played with verve, confidence and attacking intent at pace. Teams like Southend come simply with the intent to stop us for as long as they could because they knew we were a top three team

Bar Fosu, we are now a largely static, low confidence no-risk predictable plodder.

I know we’ve had injuries along the way, but what the hell has gone wrong???

Comments

• Ricky?
  • To the team from the first ten games of the season.

We played with verve, confidence and attacking intent at pace. Teams like Southend come simply with the intent to stop us for as long as they could because they knew we were a top three team

Bar Fosu, we are now a largely static, low confidence no-risk predictable plodder.

Summer ended...

Robinson has been sussed out as a one trick pony who has not got a clue
  • edited March 2018
    Robinson was sussed out at Walsall away and since then has been like the shut gobshite cliche manager that he has always been
  • Bang on Afka - we beat a Bristol rovers team opening game of the season with ten men for most of the game, we wouldn’t beat them with eleven now. Total 180.
  • Down with the decorations

I was thinking just the same on the way home. The opening 10 games fans were posting on here about some of the scintillating football we were playing, It can't just be down to the injury to Fosu & then Clarke, or selling Ricky. There's more to it than that. Maybe the takeover speculation got to Robinson (knowing that he'd be out once new owner come in) but more likely that we only have one way of playing, loss of form of Big Josh (and not being able to rest him when that happened) and no out&out striker. We are now in a bad trot, like we were in a good trot before November. I blame the clocks going back - so we'll be ok after Easter.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can only think he has lost the dressing room. Why else is this group of players not put a shift in anymore?
    If we do get a new owner and manager in the summer ( and that's a big if) I'd get rid of most of them.
  • Whatever the problem is, we must not criticise Robbo on a match day.....
    ;-)
  • BR3red said:

Ricky?

There's the answer
  • edited March 2018
    Robinson can only play one way and the opposition worked us out very early in the season and made it difficult for us.
    However, we still had relative success due to Fosu being on fire, Clarke being a very good "10" and Holmes troubling the opposition.

Fosu got injured and he was our main goalscorer and threat. Clarke got injured and Holmes went off form before he was sold.

Then, I think the players realised it would be a battle to make the play offs, bearing in mind the above plus further other injuries and KR needed to change tactics to improve the play in both penalty areas. He didn't and I reckon the players have probably had more than enough of his nonsensical bullshit and have stopped giving their all for him, realising we are a team of short lightweights who get out battled every game.

• It is one of the defining things of the Duchatelet years. We start quite well, Unbeaten for a while under Peters in 14/15, the first few games under Luzon in 15/16 everyone was saying “ooh things are looking a bit better” alright perhaps not last season when we were told to have patience.
    But as a team in reality we are set up for failure. Always an unbalanced small squad, that can’t cope with the rigours of a 46 game season and a crap manager who can’t or is unwilling to fashion a change of tactics.
  • Missing Clarke a lot and Robinson can’t adapt to that change style
  • edited March 2018

Clarke got injured

Holmes got sold

Other teams got wise

Robinson got stuck in his rut

Players got bored

Fair.

I’d add ‘lost confidence’ and ‘got found out as weak’ to that list (actually ‘other teams got wise’ is right).

Losing Mavididi scuppered a mini revival as well.

Just saw a glimpse of 442 with Zyro and Ajose possibly working, bit too little, too late.
  • Depressing all round, one dimensional manager and players just doing a minimum, season well and truly over, so much change needed top to bottom, Depressing being a Charlton fan, so Depressing.
  • How hard would any of us "work" if we knew that our company was being sold by an owner who didn't give a shit and neither our managers or ourselves would still have a job in the summer!

Most people would be down the pub every day in this situation. Let alone pointlessly kicking a ball around on a freezing Saturday afternoon.