Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    I genuinely think 3-5-2 could be the answer.

Problem would be who can be the attacking full backs and holding player from the 5?

The 2 would have to be Zyro and Ajose - Feed the Ajose and he will score...
  • Options
    I think Marshall would be worth a punt on the right - defensively he looks ok to me. But you don't have any options other than Sarr on the left unless you put a kid in. I honestly don't know if we have any that are ready.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Problem would be who can be the attacking full backs and holding player from the 5?

I think Marshall would be worth a punt on the right - defensively he looks ok to me. But you don't have any options other than Sarr on the left unless you put a kid in. I honestly don't know if we have any that are ready.

The only way I can genuinely see 3-5-2 working right now with the players we have available would be this:

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr
    Marshall Dijksteel Forster-Caskey Aribo
    Reeves
    Magennis Ajose

But that leaves out Fosu who is possibly our most influential fit player right now. It means Aribo would be asked to do a left wing back position but I think he would get caught out a lot. Dijksteel would be the one who would just have to sit and protect the defence as much as possible.

Without Page or Dasilva, we look extremely vulnerable on that left side.
  • Options
    Hopefully Grapevine saves all his drafts before deletion and is compiling them into a book about Charlton's fall and fall. I'd buy it
  • Options
    Reeves started his career at left back.

Is he an option there?
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Reeves started his career at left back.

Is he an option there?

didn't know that - surely worth considering/testing in training
  • Options
    Yes he used to be call bite your legs Reeves before become a lightweight midfielder
  • Options
    Every time my eye brushes past the thread title I read it as Karl Robinson has been appointed the new manager of oxford.

Get a slight buzz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

The only way I can genuinely see 3-5-2 working right now with the players we have available would be this:

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr
    Reeves
    Magennis Ajose

But that leaves out Fosu who is possibly our most influential fit player right now. It means Aribo would be asked to do a left wing back position but I think he would get caught out a lot. Dijksteel would be the one who would just have to sit and protect the defence as much as possible.

Why not play Fosu instead of Reeves?
    Good reply and question. - but for the only fact that Reeves will be able to pick out Ajose’s runs far better than Fosu. And with two strikers to occupy the defence of the opposition, this would allow Reeves to have more space to exploit and be creative. But at the same time that could allow Fosu to drive at the defence.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr
    Reeves
    Magennis Ajose

Why not play Fosu instead of Reeves?
    Good reply and question. - but for the only fact that Reeves will be able to pick out Ajose’s runs far better than Fosu. And with two strikers to occupy the defence of the opposition, this would allow Reeves to have more space to exploit and be creative. But at the same time that could allow Fosu to drive at the defence.
    And Fosu is our best player. What we need to do is play Ajose off Magennis - He has pace and needs to time his runs for knocked on balls.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Scoham said:

Odds have fallen further for Robinson...

Looking through the Oxford forum thread on their new manager and it seems their chairman has promised an appointment with a 'wow' factor.

My money would be on either of the next two in the list or David Jones as an outsider, (but not very 'wow' either). Gerrard a good bet as that would be a big story.

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/new-manager-enter-next-candidate-here.484/page-117
  • Options
    Yes, I would love for the bookies to be right on this one, but trust the buggers to get it wrong just this once......I would much rather that someone 'proper Charlton' was in charge for the rest of the season.
  • Options

Well, surprise, surprise .... it's 4-2-3-1 again today. Or at least until the 88th minute when we bring on defensive subs to 'preserve a point'
    and go 5-5-0.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Well, surprise, surprise .... it's 4-2-3-1 again today. Or at least until the 88th minute when we bring on defensive subs to 'preserve a point'
    and go 5-5-0.

When, yes when we lose he will say we do not score enough goals
  • Options
    Clueless beyond belief
  • Options
    Just piss off you useless tosser
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure what this pr*ck found funny at the end ???
  • Options

"You asked for 4-4-2, I knew it wouldn't work hahaha"
  • Options

Agreed glad it wasn’t only me that saw that. What a ****
  • Options

Phil said:

Agreed glad it wasn’t only me that saw that. What a ****
    What happened?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Chizz said:
    Ha,ha,ha, pro footballers shouldn't need to practice putting a decent cross in on the run or from a dead ball it should come naturally! Clearing the first man might help though! Concentrate on a different formation instead KR you muppet.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Chizz said:
    Our small team doesn't have enough players that really threaten from set pieces. Even taller players like Konsa and Aribo aren't strong in the air.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    If that's us having worked on them then that alone should be a sackable offence, I genuinely think Fosu's corners in the second half might be the worst I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Chizz said:
    Our small team doesn't have enough players that really threaten from set pieces. Even taller players like Konsa and Aribo aren't strong in the air.
    What about Magennis, Bauer, Sarr and Pearce then?