Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY T.V

Just had email to say my SKY subscription is going up in April.For me it will cost another £2.30.I know it goes up ever year,but has the increase made people cancell their membership or found alternative ways of watching t.v channels.

Comments

• Options
    I posted about this the other day in the 'Cancelling Sky' thread.

I've kicked up a stink but as I'm mid-contract and Sky have a clause stating that they can increase the cost mid-term every 12 months as long as it's not more than 10%, I've been told by Sky to deal with it or pay a cancellation fee to leave.

If you're on a monthly rolling deal currently, you're in a much better position to re-negotiate or walk away as long as you give 31 days notice.
  • Options

I posted about this the other day in the 'Cancelling Sky' thread.

I've kicked up a stink but as I'm mid-contract and Sky have a clause stating that they can increase the cost mid-term every 12 months as long as it's not more than 10%, I've been told by Sky to deal with it or pay a cancellation fee to leave.

If you're on a monthly rolling deal currently, you're in a much better position to re-negotiate or walk away as long as you give 31 days notice.

Yep I'm quitting in October after my contact expires, and thats after 25 years. Fcuk em.
  • Options
    Unless your team is in the Prem or regularly on then an occasional pass or BT seems a good way forward. I gave up with sky years ago. Even if we get in the championship there seems little point as we are not a favoured club for coverage.

For example, dirty Leeds Utd will have been on sky 18 times by the end of April!

Barnsley and Millwall only twice each. Money goes to money as they say.
  • Options
    I'd expect most of the increase is to do with the constantly increasing cost of football rights? Sky can't be too much to blame on that front. But, in terms of their overall service they've been worse than Virgin Media for a long time, surprised people are only just realising
  • Options
    If you can live without football on the TV apart of course from Match of the Day and The Championship then Freeview plus an Amazon Fire Stick loaded with Terrarium TV will sort you out and it is all free.
  • Options
    I’m a mug. I just pay it for the convenience
  • Options
    Never watch MOTD or channel 5 football.But do like Sportscene for Scottish football.All so like local news from around the country especial Look North and BBC Scotland.So I suppose I will have to pay the extra.
  • Options
    You can get all the free view channels from throughout the Uk, all BBC regional.
    Also get live Scottish prem games on freeview or freesat
  • Options

If you can live without football on the TV apart of course from Match of the Day and The Championship then Freeview plus an Amazon Fire Stick loaded with Terrarium TV will sort you out and it is all free.

Yes .....superb
  • Options

I’m the same but our sky broadband has been shit lately (it’s never been brilliant) and have thought about switching to Virgin. I think you have to have the full package to get Sky sports with them though but we don’t need the movie channels. We don’t currently have them with Sky as we don’t get the time to watch enough of them to get the benefit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't think I'm a mug for continuing with Sky as I get lots of enjoyment from all the channels. Apart from the football (Premiership & Championship live games) there is the Cricket (England in New Zealand starts next week) Golf (The Masters in 2 weeks, The Open, US Open, Ryder Cup plus European & PGA tours) and then the Movies plus all the other mainstream tv programmes (with +1 on many of them).

I pay around £95 which includes broadband & free landline phone calls (working from home I call a lot of insurance & investment companies as well as mortgage lenders)

Couldn't do without it.
  • Options
    I would too if I was single. No point in having all that though with a wife and two youngsters.
    Can’t watch sport all day/night
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I contacted sky and complained about my bills, they gave me normal blag but then said they could reduce my TV package by 25% I did no and cancel everything (I have line and BB with them).

Within 2 days I got an email saying 'come back to sky for 50% off'

My mate had given me a heads up, so I waited couple of weeks (as you have 30 days before they cut u off and can simply ring them after 29 to stop them cancelling) and then clicked on the online chat to 'go back to sky'

Basically after taking to someone they gave me 60% off sky package and 50% off BB and line rental, this was for 18 months. A due to heads up they asked if this was ok, I said I want a £50 credit to my account as someone I knew got this week before... He said no as deal had finished week ago, so I said so I've been with u 15 years etc.. he then spoke to his manager and I got it.

So well worth cancelling and then get a good deal from them
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I would too if I was single. No point in having all that though with a wife and two youngsters.
    Can’t watch sport all day/night

Yes, one of the joys of being divorced........but then again I don't get to see my kids on a day-to-day basis. Hard call that one :wink: (Only joking Golfie Jnr !)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    They say it’s to improve their service to is.

Does that include sending a reporter to Newcastle’s warm weather training camp in Alicante so that he can provide us with updates on how training is going?
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:

Never watch MOTD or channel 5 football.But do like Sportscene for Scottish football.All so like local news from around the country especial Look North and BBC Scotland.So I suppose I will have to pay the extra.

So you like Sportscene but don't like the spacebar...
  • Options
    We cancelled about six months ago. Now we just use the old Sky+ box as free sat. They told us that we would lose the Sky+ features which is only partially true. We no longer have online-catch up (no problem as we can get them on computer or tablet anyway), but we can still, record, playback, pause and rewind. I haven't missed Sky at all and I'm very to be saving the money, but then I never watched a lot of tv anyway.
  • Options
    Mines gone up £1.50 a month couldn't give a monkeys as its convinent and everything I want
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I’m the same but our sky broadband has been shit lately (it’s never been brilliant) and have thought about switching to Virgin. I think you have to have the full package to get Sky sports with them though but we don’t need the movie channels. We don’t currently have them with Sky as we don’t get the time to watch enough of them to get the benefit.
    I've got the full package with Virgin, but haven't got & never had movies. (as in TV including Sky & BT Sports, landline & broadband).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So not the full package then....
  • Options
    Does any one have problems with low sound quality on Sky? Compared to Freeview its really poor.