Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham festival 2018

Comments

• Options
    Not done to bad so far, it’s been crap I’m so busy at work that I’ve hardly had a chance to watch any of it, it’s killing me. Looking forward to the triumph on Friday with my big anti post on Apples Shakira at 20’s plus a nice double I had with Samcro at 5’s which pays 125/1, fingers crosse.
  • Options
    Do we have a charlton life Telegraph fantasy festival running this year I’ve been playing but not assigned to a league?
  • Options
    Is Douvan seriously going to run in the Ryanair Chase do we think?
  • Options

I came on here to ask the same, but you beat me to it. After falling today, I'd be amazed, but then again I'm no expert.
  • Options

No chance that he will run. He was only declared at the 48 hr stage as a backup.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

As someone who's also signed the petition - as has resident bookie bobmunro - I think you might've posted on the wrong thread FF!

DOH !!!! Well spotted, Paddy !

Blaming the error on train lag .....
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Was it someone on here who tipped up SORT IT OUT as an Irish plot job in tomorrow's Pertemps? Pre-Cheltenham
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

Potential plot job: SORT IT OUT @ 12/1 in the Pertemps (Will Hill, Sky Bet).

Having been off for a year and a half, he has raced over fences against the likes of Petit Mouchoir, Footpad and Al Boum Photo, where he failed to impress on each occasion.

He then ran in the Pertemps Network Group Handicap Hurdle, where he kept on well to finish third. This was a pretty impressive run, with a reversion back to hurdles and step up in trip looking to his benefit.

Crucially, that race has produced both Pertemps winners in the last two years, in Presenting Percy (4th) and Mall Dini (3rd). Sort It Out showed real promise before his injury, finishing seconnd in the County Handicap Hurdle, and then beating subsequent Galway Hurdle winner Clondaw Warrior who is now rated 155.

People talk about McManus plot jobs and it looks like this could be one of them. Hasn't crept under the radar by any means, but 12s is not too bad given it's eminently likely he'll shorten on the day.

Big_Bob said:

Was it someone on here who tipped up SORT IT OUT as an Irish plot job in tomorrow's Pertemps? Pre-Cheltenham

• Options
    Raining through the night and off and on during tomorrow at Cheltenham, according to the forecast.
    Mainly hoping for Final Nudge to have just a nice spin as a prep for the GN in the Kim Muir, the last on the card, but even more testing ground will suit him.
    20/1 available from Bob's mob if you're happy with 4 places but I'll play it safe with 16/1 e/w for 5 places.
  • Options
    My e/w Super Heinz today:

13:30 NOVICES' CHASE Finians Oscar 6/1
    14:10 HANDICAP HURDLE Louis Vac Pouch 8/1
    14:50 Un De Sceaux 8/11
    15:30 Yanworth 5/1
    16:10 The Storyteller 13/2
    16:50 NOVICES' HURDLE Laurina 4/7
    17:30 HANDICAP CHASE Mall Dini 5/1

Stake:
    £24.00
    Potential Returns:
    £23,519.68
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really fancy The Storyteller in the 4:10
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    £20 on Terrefort in the first, 9/2 - Returns £90 - Free bet if loses

Good luck today all
  • Options
    Also on terrefort in the opener and done ew lucky15 below.
  • Options
    14.10 Delta Work, Sort it Out
    14.50 Cue Card
    15.30 Barcardys
    17.30 Final Nudge

• Options
    Jenkins booked in 1410 tomorrow it's.. now big each way on him as with more rain forecast he will be cut today so get on early if I was you.

Straight from the owners mouth, fingers crossed... 16s
  • Options
    I know this is boring and simple but if you had backed the official top rated horse in every Grade 1 at Cheltenham so far these are the results
    Place 5/1
    Winner 10/11
    Winner 4/6
    Place 4/7
    Winner 8/11
    Winner 5/2
    Winner 6/5
    Place 5/1
    All these bets are with BET365 at BOG and enhanced each way
    (Sorry for the shameful plug of bobs company) but they are the best out there!
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Jenkins booked in 1410 tomorrow it's.. now big each way on him as with more rain forecast he will be cut today so get on early if I was you.

Straight from the owners mouth, fingers crossed... 16s

20s & 5 places atm with skybet
  • Options
    benetar, sort it out, un de sceaux, yanworth, mercian Prince today
  • Options
    It's little wonder that the Irish jockeys dominate Cheltenham especially when you see that the likes of Nicky Henderson's number one, Nico de Boinville, has only one ride on the day - at Towcester in a Mares Novice Hurdle!
  • Options
    Horses to avoid: (My each ways in other words):

1:30 Shattered Love

2:10 Sykes

2:50 Cloudy Dream

3:30 Uknowwhatimeanharry

4:10 Oldgrangewood

4:50 High School Days

5:30 Final Nudge, Band of Blood

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Band of Blood's trainer having a great season Len.
    Nice selections - best of luck
  • Options
    Is anyone else watching the Opening Show ?
    If so, did anyone know wtf Grassick and Jack Madden said ?
  • Options
    1.30 - SHATTERED LOVE, who I took at 15/2, is now 5/1. Bit short now for my liking so I'd look at Finian's Oscar (7/1). Cracking race though

2.10 - SORT IT OUT (8/1) is my plot job pick. Glad I took 12s though. Lovenormoney at 20/1 looks really attractive with the overnight rain despite the step up in class, and is on my card.

2.50 - UN DE SCEAUX who is now odds on, so no value. Roll into a double with Laurina (4.50), and maaaaybe take on with Cue Card?

3.30 - WHOLESTONE (18/1) for each-way purposes. Bacardys is in my book at 14/1 e/w, but you can only get 9s now really. I think Yanworth (11/2) is not bad for the win (beat Supasundae by a length when they raced), admittedly over good ground). Have avoided Sam Spinner who looks a tad short for my liking.

4.10 - KING'S SOCKS (7/1) on the nose, each-way I like Guitar Pete (20/1) who was tanking along when unseating last time out, and picked up a good one the time before.

4.50 - LAURINA - double with Un De Sceaux. She's class.

5.30 - BAND OF BLOOD (11/1) wins on testing and Doc Newland is in fine fettle; Captain Buck's (28/1) is unexposed and could sneak a place; Millanisi Boy 18/1 is the RP nap so that's really interesting too.
  • Options
    On the train to Cheltenham choo choo.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

No chance that he will run. He was only declared at the 48 hr stage as a backup.
    Cheers for this. After reading, I jumped on Un De Sceaux with Betfred at 11/10 last night because the website said no rule 4 applied if Douvan doesn't run.

Best price I can find anywhere for him this morning is 4/5 !
  • Options
    1:30 shattered love ew
    2:10 delta work ew
    3:30 unowwhatimeanharry ew
    4:10 kings odyssey ew
  • Options
    1.30 ..Benatar E/W
  • Options
    Joined the BAND OF BLOOD brothers (and sisters maybe) for the Kim Muir today and, alongside FINAL NUDGE, I'm adding a 3rd (small) interest in the form of a shilling each way on the outsider ACTINPIECES 33/1 - tough 7y-o mare, will love the ground, up in the weights but fairly-treated relative to the more fancied Aubusson and Band Of Blood, ridden by last year's winning jockette Gina Andrews.
  • Options
    1.30 Invitation Only - followed it for a couple of years now and although it doesn't owe me anything I believe it will win today.

2.50 Un De Sceaux - the proverbial good thing.

3.30 Bacardys (EW) - already backed ante-post

4.50 Laurina - already backed at big price ante-post - WILL WIN and another star in the making
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I dont know how you guys who follow racing properly keep up.
    There are too many bloody horses.

At least with football you can have a look and say A should beat B, but there are too many variables in the horses.
    No wonder Bob posts on here from the comfort of Munro Mansions !!!