Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

23 Russian diplomats expelled and other actions.

May said,
"There are some that cannot be shared publicly for reasons of National Security."
Speculate?

Comments

• The sharing of intelligence to do with isis? Have the Russians been sharing with Iran?
  • Playing Heskey up front for the Moscow world cup?
  • Stevelamb said:

May said,
    "There are some that cannot be shared publicly for reasons of National Security."
    Speculate?

Increase of NATO presence on the borders with Russia I’m guessing. And/or a crack down on Russian intelligence operatives that mi5 are aware of.
  • Stevelamb said:

May said,
    Speculate?

If we let on we know what they're up to, they'll know we've been spying on their spies. And they'll retaliate. Either by expelling even more of our "diplomats" from Russia, or forcing UK Government officials to go to the World Cup and sit, pretending they know the first thing about what's going on, on the pitch.
  • edited March 2018
    Why not make some brownies laced with the stuff they just used and send them to Putin under the guise of a birthday present from Jeremy Corbyn?

blimey Soapy that was easy... "Prepare for government!"
  • Chizz said:

Stevelamb said:

May said,
    Speculate?

If we let on we know what they're up to, they'll know we've been spying on their spies. And they'll retaliate. Either by expelling even more of our "diplomats" from Russia, or forcing UK Government officials to go to the World Cup and sit, pretending they know the first thing about what's going on, on the pitch.
    How do we know that they haven’t been spying on our spies spying on their spies?
  • Sponsored links:

• May v Putin ?

Can't see that lasting very long.
  • As a government publically against immigration, how do we have so many Russians in this country with no entry criteria in their favour apart from laundered cash?

I suspect they don’t consider it as money laundering if the government encourages the money to come here, they think it’s only money laundering when the money they’ve encouraged to come here is handled by a bank or you or I. If it was so concerned it might be asking questions like how come when so many of us now use contact cards and online banking there is more cash issued by the Bank of England now than there was say 5 years ago (look it up on the BoE’s own website); and when was the last time you needed to use a £50 note or lots of them to pay for something ? I don’t know about you but these days the only time I pay with cash is when I go to Charlton and it seems to take twice as long to pay by card
  • As a government publically against immigration, how do we have so many Russians in this country with no entry criteria in their favour apart from laundered cash?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

55s
  • personally, I think all British teams should withdraw from this summers world cup.

English PL players on salaries that pay them a six figure sum every week being asked to show a bit of solidarity with common folk of their own country whose town saw a deadly chemical attack ? That’s a bang out of order suggestion sir...

Quite. Starting with Roman Abramovic, as I have been asking ever since he pitched up here. Indeed what is the history of his residency status? Probably the ridiculous non-dom status we created for such people (and under Blair, if I recall).

Abramovic ruined English football, and specifically he ruined CAFC in the Parker affair. He's top of my personal list for expulsion.

• the Torys "against immigration" now thats funny

Quite. Starting with Roman Abramovic, as I have been asking ever since he pitched up here. Indeed what is the history of his residency status? Probably the ridiculous non-dom status we created for such people (and under Blair, if I recall).

Abramovic ruined English football, and specifically he ruined CAFC in the Parker affair. He's top of my personal list for expulsion.

Stay clear of Sushi PA.

Nobody, and I mean nobody can get as filthy rich as abramovich as quickly as he did in a country like Russia in the 90’s without having significant blood on his hands. He and his oligarch friends were and are gangsters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, that's one less potential buyer for Charlton.

Just the Aussies and the Swiss based party left in now.

Nobody, and I mean nobody can get as filthy rich as abramovich as quickly as he did in a country like Russia in the 90’s without having significant blood on his hands. He and his oligarch friends were and are gangsters.
    Is this really news to people ?
  • shine166 said:

As a government publically against immigration, how do we have so many Russians in this country with no entry criteria in their favour apart from laundered cash?

Is this really news to people ?
    I am afraid it is, to far too many people. Those who call him "Roman" for example. There's a lot of them.

Abramovic didn't ruin English football, Sky did.
    And as for him 'specifically' ruining Charlton in the 'Parker affair', your histionics seem to know no bounds: we sold a player who wanted to leave. However, I agree he is a deeply unsavoury character, and should be given short shrift.

sorry Prague but I can’t let you blame RA for the Parker affair as I wouldn’t want the little prick being absolved of any blame.