Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Trouble is there have been more than enough games this season where chances HAVE been created for the Strikers and those chances havent been put away - Scoring them goals would have deflated the opposition and would have eased the pressure off our Defence.

Now we're on a poor run of form because the Strikers have realised how shite they are and have lost confidence, midfielders have realised how shite their Strikers are and dont see the point passing it through to them, meaning that the opposition easily get the ball and put countless pressure on the Defence -

Of course, as Blackpool found last night... put a team under enough pressure and they'll crack!!
  • Easy for him to say when he's out injured. Pity he didn't take captain's responsibility for the penalty we missed at Peterborough. Being a full back never stopped the late Bob Curtis from taking a penalty.
  • Chris Solly is clearly not fit and is only a fraction of the player he was a few years ago. Chris has been a great servant of the club but sadly he like many of the other players are simply not good enough anymore.

If we ever get taken over and we get a decent manager I very much doubt that Chris Solly would be a first choice player under a new manager.
  • He and Jackson have been promoted as Champions of this division so have more experience than Gobinson
  • Sponsored links:

• Chris Solly is clearly not fit and is only a fraction of the player he was a few years ago. Chris has been a great servant of the club but sadly he like many of the other players are simply not good enough anymore.

If we ever get taken over and we get a decent manager I very much doubt that Chris Solly would be a first choice player under a new manager.

He hasn’t had a manager that was genuinely a good defensive coach since Powell. Both him and wiggins went downhill after Powell left.
  • Ironic thing to TALK to the media about...
  • se9addick said:

The time for talking was over about two months ago

THIS. We had the Portsmouth debacle in early Dec & manager & players vowed never again, we then had the Southend shitshow on Boxing day, and again the players & manager said they need to step up (admittedly they did at Wigan and a small run in Januray) and then there was Shrewsbury at home..........

After last Saturday KR said that they players were raring to go & to bounce back on Tuesday night. If that is want happens after a good talking to, some soul searching & the need to "turn it around" then god knows what total disinterest looks like.

Funny how the Captain now talks to the press - he never says anything on the pitch.
  • se9addick said:

The time for talking was over about two months ago

THIS. We had the Portsmouth debacle in early Dec & manager & players vowed never again, we then had the Southend shitshow on Boxing day, and again the players & manager said they need to step up (admittedly they did at Wigan and a small run in Januray) and then there was Shrewsbury at home..........

After last Saturday KR said that they players were raring to go & to bounce back on Tuesday night. If that is want happens after a good talking to, some soul searching & the need to "turn it around" then god knows what total disinterest looks like.

Funny how the Captain now talks to the press - he never says anything on the pitch.
    This. I was literally just going to post something similar. He seems to have forget the last couple of months of crap.
  • Sadly Chris in your case the time for football is also over.
  • LenGlover said:

Easy for him to say when he's out injured. Pity he didn't take captain's responsibility for the penalty we missed at Peterborough. Being a full back never stopped the late Bob Curtis from taking a penalty.

Surely that would have been decided at Sparrows Lane, not on the whim of the captain on the day!
    Nothing to do with Solly or any other captain come to that.
  • It's all just a blip...
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Easy for him to say when he's out injured. Pity he didn't take captain's responsibility for the penalty we missed at Peterborough. Being a full back never stopped the late Bob Curtis from taking a penalty.

Surely that would have been decided at Sparrows Lane, not on the whim of the captain on the day!
    You'd think that yes but you and I have seen enough games over the years where a penalty is given and players fight for it. If it was truly decided on the training ground then that wouldn't happen.

Ricky Holmes was the penalty taker this season until he left. My impression, and I accept it may be a mistaken one, is that in his absence Magennis only stepped up because the club captain / assistant coach and first team captain both bottled it and nobody else wanted it either.

• Sadly Chris in your case the time for football is also over.

I fear what you're saying is true but I think you've put it a bit harshly.

He's been a great player for us for what, eight or nine years. When we won the Division 1 title, he must have been the best right back in the league and he certainly didn't look out of place playing in the Championship until injury took hold.

I hope when he does go, he goes with a good send-off and thanks from us all rather than being dismissed because his usefulness to us is over.
    Didn't mean to be harsh, a player I have admired and that's why I said sadly.
  • Great player for us who deserves a great testimonial BUT if his contract is up in the summer then it shouldn't be renewed. Djiksteel would offer us more nowadays.

Does anyone know who is out of contract this summer?
  • LenGlover said:

LenGlover said:

You'd think that yes but you and I have seen enough games over the years where a penalty is given and players fight for it. If it was truly decided on the training ground then that wouldn't happen.

Ricky Holmes was the penalty taker this season until he left. My impression, and I accept it may be a mistaken one, is that in his absence Magennis only stepped up because the club captain / assistant coach and first team captain both bottled it and nobody else wanted it either.
    It's pretty basic stuff, selecting your penalty taker during training. I'd be surprised if that hadn't happened.
  • LenGlover said:

I thought JJ, who was playing, would have been captain for this game
  • Great player for us who deserves a great testimonial BUT if his contract is up in the summer then it shouldn't be renewed. Djiksteel would offer us more nowadays.

Does anyone know who is out of contract this summer?

Me.
  • The problem is we have a team of missers and play a system that doesn't help. We do have some very talented players for the level but lack the players who can gel it all together. I think we could be much more adventurous at home as despite recent results our away form is not too bad. It might give us a chance but we have a risk averse manager who won't change things despite numerous clues.

Yes, he can point to genuine handicaps, but there is just something wrong with the team and you can try to solve it or blame everybody else for it.
  • Sols did okay last night.
  • edited March 2018

Literally the one player for the last 3-4 years who has given a shit with the exception of JJ. Has consistently put his body on the line for the club which has led to his injuries now.

The amount of people desperate to write the bloke off on the back of poor form this season amazes me.

Get a proper owner and a proper manager in. You know, a manager who not only can get the best out their entire defence but also realises that a bloke like Solly with his fitness problems does not need to play every single game.

Yeah I've read a lot of comments slating Solly of late both on here and Twitter

No he shouldnt get a free ride, but the abuse he's getting is ridiculous!!

This is a bloke who's played over 250 times for the Addicks over 10-years and is twice Player of the Year, way people are going he's nothing more than a network signing!!