Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• We woz robbed !!
  • HarryLime said:

LenGlover said:

They've no idea £3.5m tops and our much lamented CEO was good enough to get it!

Boom! As Flintoff says on that annoying advert....

I'm just so pleased that she got the sale done quickly so that I could watch him in the Premiership at the earliest opportunity.
    It's what we all live for as Charlton fans.
  • EastStand said:

HarryLime said:

LenGlover said:

I'm just so pleased that she got the sale done quickly so that I could watch him in the Premiership at the earliest opportunity.
    It's what we all live for as Charlton fans Customers.
  • EastStand said:

HarryLime said:

LenGlover said:

It's what we all live for as Charlton fans.
    That and dancing after the match.
  • Ha Well we got him for free...

#revolutionary
  • Was there a sell on clause in the deal?
  • Was there a sell on clause in the deal?

That's probably what Roly's hanging about for.
  • WSS said:
    The values given to players are mad

€57 for Gomez, but then Matic is worth €60m, Alexander-Arnold €37m, Richarlison €40m, Pickford €43m, Dominic Solanke €27m, Jack Cork €27m (he cost £8-10m in the summer)
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't mattered what we got for him. All this shows is how inept that waste of space is called meire.
  • And they say RD is a good business man ...
  • Stig said:

Was there a sell on clause in the deal?

I do believe this was why Duche didn't sell in January.
  • johnny73 said:

Stig said:

Does Roly know that Liverpool looking to sell Gomez then??
  • You can only hope Charlton get a piece of that and it's spent on the team, I live in hope.
  • johnny73 said:

Stig said:

Why would anyone spend 50m on a player who doesn’t always start for liverpool?
  • The philosophy was to sell them young with sell on fees attached. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that one or two of them might be sold within 2 or 3 years. Duche didn't know that any would be sold in January but I bet be was hoping.
  • Stig said:

When Batshuayi joined Chelsea didn't Roland get the sell on fee and not Standard Liege? It's likely something similar will happen with Gomez.
  • Sponsored links:

• Darn Brexit!
  • Roly's probably just seen this, pointed out the sell-on clause to the buyers and upped his price, hence the additional delay in the takeover as "reported" by Karl Robinson.

Though where they get some of these figures from I don't know. Joe's valuation is ridiculous, as is Ederson's.
  • Addickted said:
    Did wonder why he didnt go to the U21 Euros.

Fair play to him for explaining his reasons though and not faking an injury
  • Addickted said:
    Great article. Incredibly mature for his age. Wish him all the success he deserves.
  • johnny73 said:

Stig said:

Liverpool won't be selling him any time soon. He is very highly rated at Liverpool.
  • redman said:

johnny73 said:

Stig said:

Liverpool won't be selling him any time soon. He is very highly rated at Liverpool.
    it puzzles me why Klopp doesn't start him at centre half, he is their best CH in my humble opinion

• redman said:

johnny73 said:

Stig said:

it puzzles me why Klopp doesn't start him at centre half, he is their best CH in my humble opinion

The commentators on England game on Friday said Klopp has said he would like to play him at CB more often now. But with Clyne injured then they only have Alexander-Arnold at RB
  • redman said:

johnny73 said:

Stig said:

Isn't Klopp rumoured tto be after Toby Alderweid in the summer.
  • redman said:

johnny73 said:

Stig said:

Virgil van Dijk is their best atm. Doesn't mean Joe won't be better than him in a couple of years though.