Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

International Break - March 2018

Josh Magennis has been called up by Northern Ireland for their next Friendlies at the end of March - With Jay Dasilva injured, it looks as though Ezri Konsa is the only other likely to disappear for England duty meaning that our game against Plymouth Argyle on the 24th March wont be cancelled

Who else expects to see Harry Kane back for Spurs on the 1st April against Chelsea?

Comments

• We'll lose regardless, so these players will not be missed.
  • Christ, how poor are NI's options up top
  • Croydon said:

Christ, how poor are NI's options up top

Conor Washington (QPR)
    Kyle Lafferty (Hearts)
    Jamie Ward (Cardiff)
    Liam Boyce (Burton Albion)

Are the other Strikers selected... Interesting that they keep ignoring Will Grigg whilst I was watching the Football League Show on Saturday and they were saying that Billy Kee (Accrington and League Two top scorer) might get called up
  • Josh Magennis has been called up by Northern Ireland for their next Friendlies at the end of March - With Jay Dasilva injured, it looks as though Ezri Konsa is the only other likely to disappear for England duty meaning that our game against Plymouth Argyle on the 24th March wont be cancelled

Who else expects to see Harry Kane back for Spurs on the 1st April against Chelsea?

As mentioned on a previous thread, I'm expecting KR to start with no striker, seeing as his love child wont be around with Zyro coming on after 70 mins.
  • Zyro will play, get a hat trick and then be dropped.
  • Glad this will go ahead. We play in League 1 ffs, wouldn't be worth calling it off even if we could imo
  • Croydon said:

Conor Washington (QPR)
    Kyle Lafferty (Hearts)
    Jamie Ward (Cardiff)

Are the other Strikers selected... Interesting that they keep ignoring Will Grigg whilst I was watching the Football League Show on Saturday and they were saying that Billy Kee (Accrington and League Two top scorer) might get called up
    Bizarre that Will Grigg isn't selected when you look at that choice!
  • Croydon said:

Conor Washington (QPR)
    Kyle Lafferty (Hearts)
    Jamie Ward (Cardiff)

Suppose three of them are all playing at a higher level whilst Lafferty has been around for Northern Ireland for a long time; Could say that Grigg is similar to Washington | Ward | Boyce whilst their only other alternative to Lafferty is Magennis
  • edited March 2018

Josh Magennis has been called up by Northern Ireland for their next Friendlies at the end of March - With Jay Dasilva injured, it looks as though Ezri Konsa is the only other likely to disappear for England duty meaning that our game against Plymouth Argyle on the 24th March wont be cancelled

No big deal.
  • Croydon said:

Conor Washington (QPR)
    Kyle Lafferty (Hearts)
    Jamie Ward (Cardiff)

Suppose three of them are all playing at a higher level whilst Lafferty has been around for Northern Ireland for a long time; Could say that Grigg is similar to Washington | Ward | Boyce whilst their only other alternative to Lafferty is Magennis
    https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/football/ni-squad-v-south-korea-call-ups-for-jamal-lewis-and-conor-hazard-but-no-will-grigg-or-paul-smyth-1-8411556
    Speaking about his ommission from the squad, NI boss Michael O'Neill said: O’Neill: “Will Grigg wants to be involved but he wants to concentrate on Wigan and their promotion push. In the summer we will see where he is at.”
    I imagine Josh by contrast will be very happy to get away from our "promotion push"...
  • Sponsored links:

• Northern Ireland are baggggggy :-)
  • Croydon said:

Conor Washington (QPR)
    Kyle Lafferty (Hearts)
    Jamie Ward (Cardiff)

And Magennis has played wide for them a fair amount.
  • Wales have just beaten China 6-0 in Ryan Giggs' first game as Manager

Gareth Bale with a hat-trick to surpass the record set by Ian Rush... Everyone going crazy on BBC at how well he's done in his first game!! - Seriously!! Its China, they're 65th in the World, they should be smashing them

Gareth Bale with a hat-trick to surpass the record set by Ian Rush... Everyone going crazy on BBC at how well he's done in his first game!! - Seriously!! Its China, they're 65th in the World, they should be smashing them

Slovenia are 62nd in the world and we beat them 1-0 thanks to a 94th minute goal

Lithuania are 147th in the world we beat them 1-0 thanks to a pen.

6-0 away to China is a good result for Wales IMO

Plus, we all know that England would have struggled for a 1-0 win, just like they have done for wins against Malta and Lithuania recently. No way would we have smashed a team 6-0. We just don't do that anymore.

Slovenia are 62nd in the world and we beat them 1-0 thanks to a 94th minute goal

Lithuania are 147th in the world we beat them 1-0 thanks to a pen.

6-0 away to China is a good result for Wales IMO

Two sides that sat back that would have sat back and celebrated a draw

Hell the Welsh would have done that at Euro 2016 had Sturridge not scored
  • That certainly shows how poor the Chinese team is at the moment. ..
  • That certainly shows how poor the Chinese team is at the moment. ..

Good to see their investment in the domestic game is paying off. Nothing like handing over £500k a week to Tevez etc to try and develop the grass roots game
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43505256

4 players withdraw from the N Ireland squad due to injury, making it highly likely Josh will play
  • Jordan Henderson, England captain?

Lord, give me strength.

No wonder I don't pay much attention to international football anymore ...
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43373928

Incidentally, I couldn't help noticing this comment concerning Will Grigg
    In-form Wigan Athletic striker Will Grigg is another notable absentee after scoring seven goals in his last nine club games.

O'Neill said on Monday that he, along with Wigan boss Paul Cook, believes it best that Grigg remains with his club as there are League One matches on the same date as the friendly.
    Interesting how this never came up with Josh. If Bowyer had been in charge earlier, might he have also got Josh to pull out?
  • edited March 2018

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43373928

Incidentally, I couldn't help noticing this comment concerning Will Grigg

In-form Wigan Athletic striker Will Grigg is another notable absentee after scoring seven goals in his last nine club games.

O'Neill said on Monday that he, along with Wigan boss Paul Cook, believes it best that Grigg remains with his club as there are League One matches on the same date as the friendly.
    Interesting how this never came up with Josh. If Bowyer had been in charge earlier, might he have also got Josh to pull out?

bit of a wanky thing to come out and say when he has other members in the squad in the same league, imagine if we had Wigan this week
  • If Holland have any sense get plenty of crosses in cos Pickford won't get anywhere near them.
  • Plenty of old bikes in Amsterdam

Least surprising news of the day.
  • cabbles said:

Don’t get all this lad banter on my twitter feed with crying with laughter emojis showing England fans chucking bikes in rivers in Amsterdam etc. Fine to have a drink and get smashed but throwing people’s property into rivers and showering other members of the public with beer etc makes them dickheads.

• edited March 2018

If Holland have any sense get plenty of crosses in cos Pickford won't get anywhere near them.

I mean they won't because they're not a home nations team and they have Ryan Babel playing up front.

But yeah Pickford looks dodgy under the high ball. And his distribution, or rather his decision making, is poor at times. He had a couple of bad ricks in the U21 Euros on that front.

He's clearly very talented and promising, but I think he and Butland are helped by the "grass is always greener" idea because Joe Hart has been the #1. Both are still young, but both have things to work on in their games.