Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Neil Bell RIP

A lot of Charlton fans in Kent are also Kent supporting cricket fans and may well remember Neil Bell's commentating double act with John Warnett back in the day on Radio Kent.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kent/news/tributes-paid-to-bbcs-neil-161341/

RIP Belly

Comments

• Not only did I think he was a poor broadcaster, he hated Charlton.

Nevertheless RIP
  • Addickted said:

Not only did I think he was a poor broadcaster, he hated Charlton.

Nevertheless RIP

Did he?
    Never gave me that impression I must confess.
    I liked him.
    Sad.
    RIP
  • Addickted said:

Nevertheless RIP

Warnett was (is) a Charlton fan and Belly would sometimes wind him up because of that.

I never thought he hated Charlton, just enjoyed winding up Warnett
  • Addickted said:

Nevertheless RIP

Airman Brown speaks very highly of him in VOTV website.
  • I went to school with Neil, and he was one of my best mates back then. A lovely kind hearted guy, decent tennis player (we attended a summer camp at Crystal Palace together in about 1974) and he'll be greatly missed. I last saw him at Wimbledon a couple of years back.
  • Very sad to hear this. I always enjoyed his reporting on BBC South East. Far too young to pass away.
  • Addickted, I am very fortunate that I was good friends with Neil, and he never said anything to me that suggested he 'hated' Charlton.
    Neil was a true professional, and one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He will be much missed by everyone who knew him.
  • Really sad news 2 memories of Neil he interviewed me after Kent beat Somerset in the Benson and Hedges final . Two years ago saw Neil and his family watching Kent . R.I.P Neil
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry to those who knew him and it's sad to know he's gone so quickly and so young.

Probably been spoilt with 24 hour sports news but I genuinely felt his broadcasting was parochial and he wasn't happy about reporting on Charlton but had to.

Probably wrong of me to mention it on this thread though and I'd edit, but have been quoted and admonished several times already.
  • Good knock Belly. RIP.
  • Addickted said:

Sorry to those who knew him and it's sad to know he's gone so quickly and so young.

Probably been spoilt with 24 hour sports news but I genuinely felt his broadcasting was parochial and he wasn't happy about reporting on Charlton but had to.

Probably wrong of me to mention it on this thread though and I'd edit, but have been quoted and admonished several times already.

When someone passes away it seems a bit insensitive to post negative opinions about his work. It's more a place for comments about him as a person.