Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton | Tue 13 Mar | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic
Tuesday 13th March 2018 … 7:45pm Kick-Off
Referee: Trevor Kettle (Seriously!!)

Introduction

Charlton returned to South East London with their tails between their legs on Saturday… All fans were expecting a difficult game against Peterborough, yet whilst many thought we’d lose, I doubt many saw four goals being conceded – Much is being made about our games in hand against rival teams, its time to see if we can and will gain an advantage as Charlton travel to Blackpool, looking to quickly put Saturdays result behind them

The Opposition
Name: Blackpool | Manager: Gary Bowyer
Ground: Bloomfield Road

Sadly when fans think of Blackpool (or Charlton) these days, its always with regard that both are a bit of a farce - This original fixture was scheduled for the end of January, yet just an hour prior to kick-off, the game was abandoned due a waterlogged pitch.

Consistency has certainly been lacking this season for the Addicks and the postponement of that fixture came at the wrong time for Karl Robinson and his side… Going into the match, we had won the last three matches and our Play-Off campaign looked back on track – Since that result, only four points have been picked up out of a possible fifteen… Form needs to be found from somewhere and fast if our season isnt to be wasted.

For Blackpool it’s been slightly different… Ahead of the original fixture, the Seasiders had recently lost to AFC Wimbledon, and had only victory for the entire month – Since that date, our opponents havent lost, and despite only two victories (out of five), one of those includes an impressive 2-0 win at Wigan Athletic. A potential three points for Charlton in January, has turned into a hopeful three points!!

Charlton Team News
From the fans point of view… the tactics aren’t working… We’ve lost too many games playing the same old formation and that something new has to be tried to get our season back on track. Unfortunately after going five months with just five wins, it doesn’t look as though that’ll happen so once again 4-2-3-1 will surely be the approach once more.

On Saturday; Naby Sarr returned to the side and played out of position at Left-Back whilst Jason Pearce returned at the heart; Patrick Bauer having had an impressive season has harshly been dropped so you have to make a claim for him to return to the side… Its also about putting round pegs in round holes where possible so could Lewis Page finally be involved, or will he be doomed to spend the rest of his Contract in the U23s?

Amos
Solly | Konsa | Bauer | Sarr
Forster-Caskey | Aribo
Marshall | Reeves | Kaikai
Magennis

Substitutes Bench: Maynard-Brewer | Pearce | Lennon | Ajose | Zyro | Fosu | Jackson

Prediction
Having not seen Charlton since the Bradford draw, its difficult to predict games as I’ve not seen how we’re playing – Usually a heavy defeat for a team so high in the league is a catalyst for a team to bounce back, yet I don’t get that feeling from Charlton at the moment, whilst I wont be surprised if we win… Part of me just doesn’t see it happening!!

Comments

• 1-2 win and the flip floppers will be then back on karls side.
  • Another dose of reality 2-0 to Blackpool.
  • Been a long time since I've seen us play after both the Shrews and Bpool game being cancelled, we even turned up at Blackpool for the original fixture at about 20 past 2 for a passer-by to tell us the game was off, but I'm not very hopeful for this one. My best hope is for a score-draw at the moment, but maybe I am being misled by the scorelines and general feeling of the wheels coming off I'm getting currently. Will cross my fingers and hope that it will be a more upbeat drive back down the M6 on Tuesday evening.
  • If he doesn't replace Pearce with Bauer then even I will lose patience with him and I've been relatively supportive.

Defence is a massive issue as Sarr isn't a left back and KR has publicly said he doesn't rate Page and with Solly not being in the best form we don't really look like keeping clean sheets the moment.

Just got to hope our attacking players shine and we win a high scoring thriller..
  • I can't take any more of this I tell you..
  • This team doesn't have the guts or aptitude to win away from home anymore. 2-1 defeat.
  • RobRob
    edited March 2018
    2 or 3 goal defeat. We are all over the place at the moment. Over here on one of my visits. Was at Peterborough on Saturday. What a farce. I usually base my visits around Charlton and go to whatever games are playing. Not this time though. I'm missing this one. Even thinking about missing Saturday's game but what else would I do? Sainsburys? Forget it. Sad times on the Charlton front though.
  • This team doesn't have the guts or aptitude to win away from home anymore. 2-1 defeat.

We don’t even have the guts or aptitude to win at home, it’s 2 months since a home win on Saturday!

Tomorrow is a must win game, there is no other way of putting it, no excuses, we have to get 3 points.
  • edited March 2018
    This is hopefully one of those times where it's good to be playing so soon after a defeat.

We need to drop the sacred cows. Hopefully because he's still coming off an injury Pearce won't be available to start, and we won't want to play Solly twice in four days.

...... Amos
    Konsa Bauer Sarr Pearce
    ........ JFC Dijksteel
    Reeves Zyro Fosu
    ......... Magennis

Would be fine with Ajose for Magennis or Marshall in the attacking three and Zyro up top. But Zyro looked so good on the ball that I'd want to play him a little deeper to get him on the ball as much as possible.

If Page truly isn't ready for 90 minutes then Sarr at LB and Solly at rightback with Konsa and Bauer in the middle.

Have a strange feeling we'll bounce back and get a win.
  • anyone going to this who doesn't live north of the Thames wants their head testing / either that or a medal !!!

we'll probably win this one and keep everyone interested down to the wire...
  • Sponsored links:

• Seasons over.
  • Those that travel deserve the team to give maximum effort, 1-2.
  • Lose this and the players might as well stay in Blackpool for their summer holidays
  • Classic Charlton to go and win this
  • Square pegs in round holes does not work. Play Page at left back. Konsa at right back. Dijksteel in midfield. Pearce and Bauer in centre defence. Keep in Fosu and bring back Marshall, and play Reeves in the hole behind Zyro. Last place goes to Forster-Caskey.

That leaves AMB, Solly, Sarr, Aribo, Kaikai, Magennis, and Ajose on the bench, which is probably the strongest bench we've had all season! If any of those are injured, Jacko can replace.

Still think we'll lose though...
  • 'For Blackpool it’s been slightly different… Ahead of the original fixture, the Seasiders had recently lost to AFC Wimbledon, and had only victory for the entire month – Since that date, our opponents havent lost, and despite only two victories (out of five), one of those includes an impressive 2-0 win at Wigan Athletic. A potential three points for Charlton in January, has turned into a hopeful three points!!'

Blackpool lost 3 nil on Saturday.

I'm expecting both teams to go defensive and a low scoring game.
  • edited March 2018
    Pedro45 said:

Square pegs in round holes does not work. Play Page at left back. Konsa at right back. Dijksteel in midfield. Pearce and Bauer in centre defence. Keep in Fosu and bring back Marshall, and play Reeves in the hole behind Zyro. Last place goes to Forster-Caskey.

That leaves AMB, Solly, Sarr, Aribo, Kaikai, Magennis, and Ajose on the bench, which is probably the strongest bench we've had all season! If any of those are injured, Jacko can replace.

Still think we'll lose though...

I don’t think @Airman Brown will want to get his boots out for this one. Bit too old, I’d say
  • Lose this and I think Karl will be gone.
    Bowyer and Jackson put in temporary charge.

2.1 Charlton and Karl gets a lifeline.
  • anyone going to this who doesn't live north of the Thames wants their head testing / either that or a medal !!!

we'll probably win this one and keep everyone interested down to the wire...

Medal, please.
  • some good news, according to the media section of the OS Kaikai is injured and possibly won't be available for this game
  • Sponsored links:

• 1 - 1 Draw ,Zyro with another .
  • 2-0 defeat plus 3 more new injuries for Robinson to blame it on.
  • Dijksteel probably won't be in squad as he's playing for u23s today.
  • Come on FA, KR said he played 4-3-3 on Saturday, out of interest, did anyone who was there notice the difference? I have come to the conclusion a while ago that promotion is out of the question and it does not matter who KR plays and in what position, we will play just as bad. No fight, no skill, no desire,no leadership, no tactics that work. I have already resigned myself to accepting we will be in League 1 next season, hopefully with new owners and a new manager, meanwhile I will just hope our results can keep our league position respectful. !-0 defeat tomorrow

Ridiculous when we already have few options in central midfield

Ridiculous when we already have few options in central midfield
    He doesn't seem to fancy him as a midfielder for some reason, Robinson seems to have a few favourites who he won't drop however shit they may play unfortunately.
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • edited March 2018

Dijksteel probably won't be in squad as he's playing for u23s today.

We need a boo button! Not to give it to you Stu but for the probable decision not include him tomorrow :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

We need a boo button!
    Thought it read poo button for a second lol
  • RedChaser said:

We need a boo button! Not to give it to you Stu but for the probable decision not include him tomorrow :wink:
    Can't we boo both Stu and the decision :smile: