Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anglo Italian Cup trip-Brescia 12th October 1993

edited March 2018 in General Charlton
Just wondered if people might be interested in a few images of the journey by coach to Italy for the Anglo Italian cup match. These were from the 23 hour each way coach trip. You can see highlights I think if you pay for a Valley Pass. https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/video-player?widgets[stream-amg][content_id]=0_5opobiea

I haven't copied them to the highest of standards.

How many people can you recognise?imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Only Vince out of the first one.
  • Only Vince out of the first one.

Likewise but recall others. I flew out there as the coach trip sounded a nightmare.
  • Not in any of the pics but made was in the pics in the next days Italian papers.The coach trip was a nightmare but loved every minute of the experience
  • edited March 2018
    Lovely pics. Those T shirts haven't aged well though.

I didn't even realise there were away fans at those games.
  • Top Vince, lee and Miss K jACKSON. AND 3 OTHER FACES who names will come back to me.

Second photo Rick and Nick.

OTHER PHOTOS your mother in law plus your wife Telly Tubby,and Andy with faces once again.

Who can forget the coach driver who lost the police that night so we could have afew drinks in town.
  • edited March 2018
    I was there on the trip. Recognise Andy Lopata, Airman Brown and Nick Tondeur and is the blonde lady Lyn Watts?
  • I recognise Vince & the guy who was seen on TV in Oz at the cricket- Matt, I think.

Then, Rick, Nick & I think Dave Brooks in the next one.

Great pic of Martin Woods on his tod.

From the smaller ones, just Lyn & Andy Lopata.
  • Declan Donnelly getting ready to rumble in top one.
  • I didn't realise that some mobiles have difficulty in viewing thumbs. Will look to upload the smaller ones at a later date so everyone can view.

I recall that there were two coaches. Probably around 250 fans travelled? It was knackering by coach for sure.

Had to be done though and was well worth it.
  • edited March 2018

I recognise Vince & the guy who was seen on TV in Oz at the cricket- Matt, I think.

The cricket guy is Chris B I believe - front of the top pic. Still does a lot of Eng aways and often bump into him. Lovely guy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Err, no. His name is Matt - there were several posts around his appearance in Oz in one of the England cricket threads.

I believe you have confused him with Chris Britt who was out there too with his wife and was photographed with a Roland Out flag.

We sit next to his Mum & Aunt in the East.
  • I recognise Vince & the guy who was seen on TV in Oz at the cricket- Matt, I think.

The cricket guy is Chris B I believe - front of the top pic. Still does a lot of Eng aways and often bump into him. Lovely guy.
    How olds chris b thought he was lot younger than me .
  • clb74 said:

I recognise Vince & the guy who was seen on TV in Oz at the cricket- Matt, I think.

How olds chris b thought he was lot younger than me .
    Chris Britt is around 43 , same age as my son.
  • I didn't realise that some mobiles have difficulty in viewing thumbs. Will look to upload the smaller ones at a later date so everyone can view.

I recall that there were two coaches. Probably around 250 fans travelled? It was knackering by coach for sure.

Had to be done though and was well worth it.

There were indeed two coaches and I remember seeing them arriving at the Ground. I was lucky enough to be working in Italy at the time near Verona. Not too long a trip along the Autostrada to Brescia so I got there early.
    First time I had ever seen Charlton playing abroad.

The cricket guy is Chris B I believe.

Err, no. His name is Matt - there were several posts around his appearance in Oz in one of the England cricket threads.

I believe you have confused him with Chris Britt who was out there too with his wife and was photographed with a Roland Out flag.

We sit next to his Mum & Aunt in the East.

Indeed I have - my apologies. I thought Chris lookd like the guy at the front of the first pic.
  • Richard J off here is there, but I won't point him out in case he wouldn't like it.
  • I recognise the guy in the denim jacket, but cant remember his name
  • DA9 said:

I recognise the guy in the denim jacket, but cant remember his name

Yep, regular face over the years.

Top photo at the front in that shocker of a T shirt is Wayne (Larry the Lamb). Not seen him for about 8 years
  • edited March 2018
    Guy in the denim jacket is Martin ain’t it?

Got a good photo of myself and Damien Walters at the match somewhere, I’ll dig it out later.

I still have a Brescia ultras t-shirt and scarf I swapped for a shirt out there.
  • edited March 2018

Only Vince out of the first one.

Likewise but recall others. I flew out there as the coach trip sounded a nightmare.
    Me too - didn't fancy the nigthmare coach journey. So wanted to make a few days of it out there, but we flew straight back post match.

For some reason I was unable to make the Ancona game the following month.

Feck me, 25 years ago this October. Some of us haven't aged too well.

• Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Only Vince out of the first one.

Me too - didn't fancy the nigthmare coach journey. So wanted to make a few days of it out there, but we flew straight back post match.

For some reason I was unable to make the Ancona game the following month.

Feck me, 25 years ago this October. Some of us haven't aged too well.

And me with Mrs cafcfan. That was the charter on Excalibur Airlines (no longer with us) from Gatwick wasn't it? We got back to Gatwick so late the airport was virtually shut. Got home, got changed and went straight off to work. (Always liked the Excalibur tail fin logo as it looked a bit like the Charlton sword.)
  • DA9 said:

Martin ‘Woody’ Wood
  • _MrDick said:

DA9 said:

Martin ‘Woody’ Wood
    Rings a bell, not seen him for years, anyone know if he still goes?
  • DA9 said:

_MrDick said:

DA9 said:

Martin ‘Woody’ Wood
    I'm pretty sure I saw him in Belgium for the protest but as a shit drinker and their strong lager it was all a bit hazey for me
  • DA9 said:

_MrDick said:

DA9 said:

Martin ‘Woody’ Wood
    Saw him in Whitstable the other week. Seems a fair few have moved down there.
  • Remember the ferry being closed to all football fans on the way home because of trouble with the England Fan coming back from Holland. it was the night England lost to Holland under Graham Taylor and missed out on the world cup.

I remember thinking why didn't I fly.
  • Remember the ferry being closed to all football fans on the way home because of trouble with the England Fan coming back from Holland. it was the night England lost to Holland under Graham Taylor and missed out on the world cup.

I remember thinking why didn't I fly.

I was coming back from the Holland that night, don’t remember there being any problems with the ferries?
  • Richard J off here is there, but I won't point him out in case he wouldn't like it.

Happy to be pointed out. I was four stone heavier in those days. Lol.
  • edited March 2018
    My biggest regret was going to the England game instead of Italy, I left the groups match tickets in a bar, they were still there an hour later but, in going back to them I got chased all about Rotterdam. Found my way back to the England fans near to the railway station just in time to be baton charged and CS gassed.

Eventually got to the ground but was soon hit by a flying tyre lever chucked into our corner and then lost to a dubious goal. Did I not like that!

We were kept in for what seemed like hours, subjected to hardcore techno just to calm us all down whilst everyone about me planned to wreck Dublin the following week.

Classic 80s/90s England away trip!

Been to a few overseas pre season trips but would give anything to follow Charlton in Europe just once before I pop my clogs
  • is that Airman second pic?