Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - Podcast out - Reaction to and fans views of defeat at Peterborough

edited March 2018 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us at 7pm - We'll discuss yesterday's heavy defeat at London Road, hearing from manager Karl Robinson. We're also expecting a lot of listener correspondence tonight - and you can have your say below

Contact the studio -

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• Does anyone care anymore, Charlton, Robinson, Murray et al are becoming predictable and bloody boring!
  • It is all a tad poo at the moment, despite the odd slight upturn this club is still in decline and will be until a positive owner takes over and engages with the supporters.
  • Does anyone care anymore, Charlton, Robinson, Murray et al are becoming predictable and bloody boring!

You’re right, I couldn’t give a fig right now. Which is strange considering we are only 3 points off a play off position yet we know th hard facts when we see it not happening consistently on the pitch. And the remainder of the season is going to be a drag unless we see something close to the second coming of christ.
  • 1StevieG said:

Does anyone care anymore, Charlton, Robinson, Murray et al are becoming predictable and bloody boring!

You’re right, I couldn’t give a fig right now. Which is strange considering we are only 3 points off a play off position yet we know th hard facts when we see it not happening consistently on the pitch. And the remainder of the season is going to be a drag unless we see something close to the second coming of christ.
    I think that could be you, fancy a job?

Judging by the amount of emails we get in, people still care.

We all wish we didn't, but we do!
  • edited March 2018
    Before you start the Robinson post match waffle, a Robinson bingo lingo sheet.

Eyes down

"Not taking our chances"

"This great football club"

"Jacko"

"Thats the difference"

"Reevesy"

"All week in training"

"Eeeeerrrrrmmmm"

" Stand up and be counted"

"Unbelievable....."

"Solls"

Winner gets a night out with Roger Johnson, Chris Solly and Ricky Holmes.

• I really care about the fact that I don't really care :/
  • LouisMend said:

Does anyone care anymore, Charlton, Robinson, Murray et al are becoming predictable and bloody boring!

Did you ask Robinson any pertinent questions like,

why are we shite?
    why can’t we score more than 1 goal a game?
    in light of above why doesn’t he play 2 strikers or even better 3?
  • Before you start the Robinson post match waffle, a Robinson bingo lingo sheet.

Eyes down

"Not taking our chances"

"Jacko"

"Thats the difference"

"Reevesy"

"All week in training"

"Eeeeerrrrrmmmm"

"Unbelievable....."

"Solls"

Plus, 'pride in the shirt' - or a variation on the theme.
  • I just don't see a team playing for their manager at the moment. Can anyone genuinely see us making the play offs? They just look bereft of ideas, belief and enthusiasm-Peterborough were no great shakes yesterday either, they just wanted it that bit more than us and that desire meant they won the key battles when it mattered.

I'd love to be wrong as I like KR but I can only see this season petering out after watching the last few performances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Takeover

Murray

"from everyone to the tea lady"

Murray is"fantastic"

We have 2 games in hand...
  • He's got more rabbit than sainsburys
  • Robinson you clueless....... "buy one in the summer, buy one in the winter?" It is not as simple as that, either the players aren't good enough or the Manager can't motivate or get anything out of them. Apart from the 5 most at Home to Shrewsbury we were awful and clueless for 85 mins of the game. 4-. We concede too easily and never look like scoring....
  • LouisMend said:

That's only because we're all masochists and love bloody moaning!
  • with full banks attacking wing backs - 4-3-1-2 - Amos, Marshall (RB) , Pearce, Bauer, Sarr (LB), JFC, Djiksteel, Konsa, Fosu(free role), Zyro, Ajose.
  • Before you start the Robinson post match waffle, a Robinson bingo lingo sheet.

Eyes down

"Not taking our chances"

"Jacko"

"Thats the difference"

"Reevesy"

"All week in training"

"Eeeeerrrrrmmmm"

"Unbelievable....."

"Solls"

Winner gets a night out with Roger Johnson, Chris Solly and Ricky Holmes.

In some ways.
  • sack robinson bring curbs in as caretaker/permanent
  • Pity the stand in CAFC finance officer having to sort out 16 players gardening leave contracts tomorrow morning!
  • Can you name the winners in the team? Technically we were much better than Bradford a few weeks ago for 25 minutes, and at this level, technically we are well up there, but they had players that were not going to stand for it, they fouled us, they made the game messy and should have beaten us in the end. Do we have that sort of fight and desire in our side? You probably need a couple of leaders to drive teammates on - who have we got who can demand this? Blood and guts footballers!
  • Sponsored links: