Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Letter from Charlton.

This is a letter I received from Charlton today:

"As you may have already noticed at the last few home matches,your block at The Valley has become increasingly busy. This is due to a new initiative between the Club and the Charlton Community Trust.
As a Club, it is our intention to attract the next generation of Charlton Supporters with the help of our extremely successful Community Trust. For the remainder of this season and going forward into next Season, East Stand block H is going to become our brand new Community Trust block. This means at each home league fixture we will be allocating 500 tickets for the Community Trust to distribute to children in the local area via all the great programmes they put on.

With this in mind, the number of available seats within East Block H is going to be significantly reduced. We have no intention of moving your Season Ticket seat, however, we felt out of courtesy we should make you aware of this new initiative.

Next Season, all Supporters who already have Season tickets in this block will be able to renew them, however, no new Season tickets will be allowed to be purchased within this block.

Should you decide that, because of this initiative, you no longer wish to stay in Easr Stand block H, we will allow you to choose an alternative seat anywhere in the Stadium at no extra cost for the 2018/ 2019 campaign.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. Should you have any further queries do not hesitate to get in touch with us either by email tickets@cafc.co.uk or via telephone on 03330 144444.

The Club values your support and any feedback you have around this initiative."

Am I right to be seriously pissed off by this letter? I have had a Season ticket and sat with my mate and his Family since the East Stand was built? With the exception of one Season when I boycotted. I don't want to be sat with a bunch of kids who largely have no interest in the Football. I have spoken to my mate and he wants to stay as he has a couple of kids. I want to move.

It seems that the Club don't give a shit about the long standing Season Ticket holders. The way I feel at the moment I will not be getting a new season ticket, with or without a new owner.

Comments

• I definitely understand your frustration. I would say give it a couple matches to see how things are. It may be that you don't notice a huge difference.

I think the idea of doing everything you can, including giving tickets away to kids, to get more youth supporters is a good idea, I don't think that's too hot of a take. The implementation feels odd. Again this is one of those things where it will depend how big the impact is. Just because tickets go to schools doesn't necessarily mean it will be children using the tickets, or that they'll be used at all.

Hopefully it isn't too bad.
  • SDAddick said:

I definitely understand your frustration. I would say give it a couple matches to see how things are. It may be that you don't notice a huge difference.

I think the idea of doing everything you can, including giving tickets away to kids, to get more youth supporters is a good idea, I don't think that's too hot of a take. The implementation feels odd. Again this is one of those things where it will depend how big the impact is. Just because tickets go to schools doesn't necessarily mean it will be children using the tickets, or that they'll be used at all.

Hopefully it isn't too bad.

If you have ever sat amongst the people who they give freebies to you would understand why he has the hump.
    Fair, I've been on a freebie ticket to matches but never at Charlton.

Also, I always sit in the East Stand cuz my mate has a season ticket there so hopefully next season I'll get to see what it's like (assuming they're still going to be selling individual match tickets).
  • How about moving to another Block in the East?

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me mate if I’m honest.

Not an overreaction at all. I want to move, my mate wants to reluctantly stay because his kids like it there. I would like to move because I don't want to be surrounded by young Chidren. The Club are forcing me to make a decision I shouldn't have to make.

• Sponsored links:

• It doesn't bode well for the sale of the club to me. I would have thought these sort of initiatives would be on hold until the new owners come in.
    Hope i'm wrong.

As Uboat says. Treat yourself to the best seat.
  • We have a section of the stand closed at the minute.
    Why not put the five hundred in there as that would inconvenience no one.

This. Doesn't piss off anyone new. Worst case is it pisses of a few people again who have already been pissed off.
  • But the point is I will be sitting on my own like Billy no mates as my mate is not moving.
  • dickplumb said:

But the point is I will be sitting on my own like Billy no mates as my mate is not moving.

Join the club mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• I believe it is all a plot to piss off @AFKABartram . Afraid you are collateral damage @dickplumb .

Some well run clubs would consult via the Supporters' Trust on such issues. Kind of thing we can certainly raise.
  • If Daisy was still here she would be getting pelters .

And rightly so. No different to whoever made this decision.
  • Who is actually running the club at the moment and allowing this nonsense?

I give you Tony Keohane
  • How about moving to another Block in the East?

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me mate if I’m honest.

Got to admit I’m in this camp here, some people seem to be looking for things to moan about

It’s not really the end of the world is it?
  • I think they've been pretty reasonable on it. I'd rather the ground was more full

She'd have probably put 1,000 of them in the north upper.