Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dumped car

Just wondering if you guys can help?

I live in Dartford and there is been a car parked in our street since November 2017. I have checked online and found that the car has had no tax or MOT since 2015. I reported the car to the DVLA (or whatever they are called) a number of times but nothing done, I have reported it to the local police but still nothing done, I have even contacted the council they said that the have been in contact with the owner and the car is not abandoned. We have recently found out that the owner sometimes sleep in the car and throws his urine out of the car in the morning (delightful I know). I live in a good part of Dartford which makes this even more strange.

The thing I can't understand is that if my 17 year old son was not to tax or MOT his car he would get the authorities jump from a great height on him but somehow this car doesn't seem to be illegal!!.

What can I do to get this car moved?

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Suggest speak to your local councillor as a next step.
    DVLA, police, evidently not competent for something so basic.
  • Dog poo on the door handles.
  • Just wondering if you guys can help?

I live in Dartford and there is been a car parked in our street since November 2017. I have checked online and found that the car has had no tax or MOT since 2015. I reported the car to the DVLA (or whatever they are called) a number of times but nothing done, I have reported it to the local police but still nothing done, I have even contacted the council they said that the have been in contact with the owner and the car is not abandoned. We have recently found out that the owner sometimes sleep in the car and throws his urine out of the car in the morning (delightful I know). I live in a good part of Dartford which makes this even more strange.

The thing I can't understand is that if my 17 year old son was not to tax or MOT his car he would get the authorities jump from a great height on him but somehow this car doesn't seem to be illegal!!.

If the car is taxed and MOT'd surely he can park where he wants ?

Throwing urine in public is a seperate issue, but you'd need proof.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just wondering if you guys can help?

If the car is taxed and MOT'd surely he can park where he wants ?

Throwing urine in public is a seperate issue, but you'd need proof.
    The tax and MOT run out 3 years ago.
  • Shit on the door handle is an interesting thought!!
  • Sell it for scrap.
  • Step one
    Donate to a local charity for rough sleepers.
    Step two, tell the charity about the car.
    Step three, hope.
  • Shit on the door handle is an interesting thought!!

Get a couple of mates to bounce it into middle of the road.
    Trust me this works
  • Could be another Alan Bennett film in the making, sequel to Lady in the Van?
  • If its on the public highway & it has no tax or MOT then its illegal and needs removing asap. How do you know someone sleeps in it & throws his waste products out of the window ?? Have anyone seen this happen ?? If so I would mount a vigil & make sure the f**ker is nabbed. The Police need to be informed (again) & be told that if it is not sorted within 24 hours then you'll take matters in your own hands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn’t you just open the door and go for a piss,rather than fiddle about and piss in a bottle and then throw the piss away in the morning?
  • edited March 2018
    Most if not all scrap car merchants will not take the car away unless you can give them the slip from the V5 log book.

This is not really a police matter. It is down to the DVLC to initially clamp the car as untaxed, the use their powers to remove it and crush it, if the back dated tax is not paid.

However, if you were to make the car a public nuisance then I'm sure it would be dealt with quicker. Or just tow the thing to somewhere more public, where the authorities will act quicker (Dartford Town Centre). Pull up undo the rope and leave swiftly.
  • tell Plod there are a couple of Charlton fans in it saying naughty words about Burger Boy ----they will be all over it in nano seconds
  • Why don’t you go over to car take the person a hot drink and some food. Maybe find out why they are living in the car. Some people have interesting stories why they sleep rough or something may have happened in there life. I understand tipping urine out is not nice but imagine sleeping in car with 4 week old Pxxs. Or you can ring the police and say you seen a person with a gun in the car it will soon get moved.
  • The really really strange thing is that the guy is in his mid to late 50s and his mum lives opposite us in a 3 bedroom house on her own. Some mornings he will poor his piss out then go across the road to his elderly mum's house.

He is not living in the car every night just probably 3-4 nights a week.
  • Maybe the person parks it in a nicer part of town because they feel less vulnerable there if they're kipping in it.

Urine chucking aside it's obviously someone fallen on hard times which is sad.

This 100% ,

Whatever inconvenience this is causing you and I don’t doubt it’s annoying

Someone is living in a car and obviously needs support not their only safe sanctuary removed
  • The really really strange thing is that the guy is in his mid to late 50s and his mum lives opposite us in a 3 bedroom house on her own. Some mornings he will poor his piss out then go across the road to his elderly mum's house.

Is he a carer for his mum?
  • What car is it?
  • edited March 2018

The really really strange thing is that the guy is in his mid to late 50s and his mum lives opposite us in a 3 bedroom house on her own. Some mornings he will poor his piss out then go across the road to his elderly mum's house.

Now I'm interested. This has joined the bloke who leaves early in the upper north as an unsolved case for which I need an explanation.