Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Not sure if you’re already aware.....

The double delay repay - reasonably satisfactory. They can't control the weather but, as usual, everything that was within their control was managed with complete ineptitude and some recognition of that is certainly due, although for most it won't be a vast amount.

The people who were stuck on trains for 3 hours and more - £100. I keep thinking back to the guy's blog that Curb It posted, and the various accounts in the media of what those people were put through. £100 would possibly be reasonable IF the lights had been on, the heating had been on, the toilets had been working, they'd provided passengers with refreshments and the trains hadn't been overcrowded to an extent that is barely tolerable for 15 minutes, let alone several hours. But seeing as it was the complete opposite of that, and there were people stuck on there generally suffering, I'd say £100 is quite insulting.

Not a fan of the litigation society that we've evolved into, but I hope that someone sues the f%&k out of them.
    I agree Largo, I doubt if there would be a single person stuck on those trains who would have taken £100 rather than get out of that stinking circle of hell that the mismanagement of SEtrains had created. Take the money and continue to hassle the idiots in charge that caused it, and that includes the odious Secretary of State Grayling.
  • Options
    5.42 from barnehurst cancelled for lack of train crew apparently, get on my usual 5.49 set of doors constantly opening and closing £2870 a year for this shitshow
  • Options

It's not just the toilets on the trains but on the Stations as well. A current check shows bogs out of order at - Bromley South, Petts Wood, Chislehurst, Elmstead Woods, Bexleyheath, Gillingham, Grove Park, Hither Green, Kidbrook. Lewisham. Sidcup. Go before you go peeps...

Because I literally have the bladder capacity of a shriveled up 180 year old many a time I have been caught short at Eltham station because the toilets have been shut. Found myself having to dash to the public toilets by the Tudor Barn instead.

Wonder why this is frequently a problem? I imagine they get a lot of traffic through them which will amount to issues eventually.

Probably cos the new trains that run on their metro routes have no toilets......
  • Options
    Going from Bromley South to Victoria - conducter orders everyone out off first class despite the train being horrendously over crowded and with a 20 min delay and counting
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Going from Bromley South to Victoria - conducter orders everyone out off first class despite the train being horrendously over crowded and with a 20 min delay and counting

I think you are on my train. I'm in the front carriage and he ordered a few people out the first class there. One wasn't too happy.

On red signals outside Victoria now...
  • Options
    If you want the comfort of first class then pay for it.
    If you dont want to pay, go and stand in the busy carriages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seems to be a lot more graffiti about atm, last night the train a carriage was locked out of action due to graffiti all over one carriage, and this morning 2 carriages were covered, i know tfl have the stance of if a train is defaced they dont run it as it discourages people that damage them.
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I think my train was early today, and if the discussion on the platform by the hi-vis guys and driver was anything to go by, the signalling/congestion knock-on effect will actually cause more trains to be late.

It's absolute fucking magic
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Got on the 1759 last night and sat on a seat that turned out to be saturated in what smelt like (and I pray was) beer. Swiftly got up and moved to the next section of the carriage tonne stopped from sitting down by a kindly lady who pointed out that I was about to sit in another saturated seat. Wtf goes on in some peoples heads? One could be an accident but it looked like someone had just randomly soaked seats in beer. Who do I send the dry cleaning bill to?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for that link Mr Largo. I thought at first they may be making their cheeky bid for contract renewal then saw this paragraph;

"The only stations we have not yet improved are Herne Hill and Strood, both of which are due to undergo major rebuilding work in 2017"

So it of course not only false but out of date 'information'.
  • Options
    "More friendly faces to help you...Thanks to 300 extra permanent support staff."

So where were any of these friendly faces, when those poor souls were stuck on that train outside Lewisham on Friday evening for 4 hours as per CurbIt's link earlier in the thread?

The Evacuation
    About 5 minutes after seeing the police officer we started to spot some London Fire Brigade Firemen (and women). I thought I was dreaming when I saw the guy in front of me slide into a seated position by the door and be carried down to the track by the firemen. We were saved! I waited for my turn to be helped down (which was insanely hard and painful as my legs were completely seized up – and I am a healthy 38 year old male.). The Fire Brigade were fantastic and had lined the whole path down the track with their staff (and even gritted part of it for us). I waited for some family members (who by pure chance) were in the next carriage along and we started the journey down the track. It was further and more hazardous than I had realised and I along with those that opened the doors were pleased we had waited for the Fire Brigade’s help. Along with my sister’s boyfriend we helped an old lady down the track and down to the bus stop at Lewisham. If we had not helped her find her family I fear she would have been in an even worse state. I kind of expected there to be some Southeastern staff on hand at the Lewisham station exit to offer some assistance to the people needing it – there was nothing. In fact we all actually took one more slap in the face as due to the ridiculous amount of time we had spent on what should have been a 4.8 mile journey our tickets had all been charged inflated fares! So I was basically fined for this ordeal.
  • Options
    Chaos at Victoria this evening. A security incident with a suspicious package. Crowds waiting outside in the rain for over half an hour. There were loads of police and incident response and fire engines etc. All a bit mental.

I don't blame Southeastern or national rail or the people that run the station for that safety is important etc etc.

My point of issue with Southeastern is over their handling of it. There were 3 tweets about this in the time it was happening. They advise you to take a different route home but won't allow you to use your normal tickets on the high speed. Instead they suggest I go across London to London bridge and then get a train that takes 1hr35 instead of the 40min high speed.

This obsession with the high speed being sacred and not to be defiled by the normal passenger who hasn't paid their (even more) extortionate fares.

My second issue is with the communication once the incident was over. The doors opened but it took them ages to work out which train was which.

Trains are obviously rammed due to the loads of people who were waiting so we are properly crammed into them. Why not de-classify first class you cunts.
  • Options
    Everything from cannon street and Charing cross mildly delayed tonight. Explanation - no. Apology - no. Tossers - yes.
  • Options

Chaos at Victoria this evening. A security incident with a suspicious package. Crowds waiting outside in the rain for over half an hour. There were loads of police and incident response and fire engines etc. All a bit mental.

I don't blame Southeastern or national rail or the people that run the station for that safety is important etc etc.

My point of issue with Southeastern is over their handling of it. There were 3 tweets about this in the time it was happening. They advise you to take a different route home but won't allow you to use your normal tickets on the high speed. Instead they suggest I go across London to London bridge and then get a train that takes 1hr35 instead of the 40min high speed.

This obsession with the high speed being sacred and not to be defiled by the normal passenger who hasn't paid their (even more) extortionate fares.

My second issue is with the communication once the incident was over. The doors opened but it took them ages to work out which train was which.

Trains are obviously rammed due to the loads of people who were waiting so we are properly crammed into them. Why not de-classify first class you cunts.

Rantings of a peasant.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Rantings of a peasant.
    That is how I believe they see it. The thing is I pay £4000 for my season ticket that's no small sum of money. I think that should entitle me to use the high speed service - on the odd occasion that there is a major incident like this and they are recommending I use another route.

Infact I think it is criminal that they are allowed to recommend you use another route home but exclude the next quickest and most convenient.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Macronate said:

Rantings of a peasant.
    That is how I believe they see it. The thing is I pay £4000 for my season ticket that's no small sum of money. I think that should entitle me to use the high speed service - on the odd occasion that there is a major incident like this and they are recommending I use another route.

Infact I think it is criminal that they are allowed to recommend you use another route home but exclude the next quickest and most convenient.
    Your be blaming them for brexit next
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    MrLargo said:

Got on the 1759 last night and sat on a seat that turned out to be saturated in what smelt like (and I pray was) beer. Swiftly got up and moved to the next section of the carriage tonne stopped from sitting down by a kindly lady who pointed out that I was about to sit in another saturated seat. Wtf goes on in some peoples heads? One could be an accident but it looked like someone had just randomly soaked seats in beer. Who do I send the dry cleaning bill to?

South Eastern. If some idiot wants to go round chucking beer all over the seats then I hope he gets caught and given a good kicking. However, you pay South Eastern (a small fortune) - even if they haven't got the resources to clean it, they should at least put something up to stop people sitting on it.

By the way, if anyone needs a laugh this morning, have a read through this - they can't run trains but they've certainly mastered irony: https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/improvements

"We are constantly improving" - pffft!!!

"More friendly faces to help you...Thanks to 300 extra permanent support staff." - none of whom have any idea where your train is or when it's likely to arrive.

"Feel more at home...thanks to the refurbishment and deep clean programme we’ve undertaken at almost all our stations." - yeah, feel more at home, if you happen to live in a rubbish skip.

"More information when you need it...thanks to 21 new digital screens." - none of which are capable of showing the correct information.

"Trains you'll be proud to travel on" - yep, I'm proud to have travelled on your trains in the same way that soldiers are proud to have served in Afghanistan.

Tossers.
    Just read this. Are they seriously expecting praise for cleaning trains? What next, a round of applause please we have just sent a train down some tracks? Or a medal for a member of train staff who managed to arrive on time?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Everything from cannon street and Charing cross mildly delayed tonight. Explanation - no. Apology - no. Tossers - yes.

This. Three dartford trains to dartford cancelled, when I questioned a staff member I was told everything was fine and wait for the next one. Luckily I did....in spoons!!!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Macronate said:

Rantings of a peasant.

Your be blaming them for brexit next
    Too right.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Southeastern will still try to hide behind the annual discount shit for season ticket holders but this ruling will have them running for the hills. Plaintiffs will have to do what this chap did and keep an exhaustively detailed chart of the TOC’s failures “they’re just shit all the time “ won’t cut it. Get tabulating and happy suing punters
  • Options
    On a conference today so got a later train into Victoria. Fuck me it's full of cretins. Proper window lickers and the like. One woman clipping her nails onto the floor. Another absolute cunt is spraying herself with perfume every 2 or 3 mins and is completely oblivious to the fact that the entire carriage is coughing and wheezing because the air is so thick with it.
  • Options
    Canters is a mild mannered man.

Well, that is until he gets on a train and then he turns into a properly moody, foul-mouthed, miserable c**t. (Irony intended).

Remind me to say no to away days with you.

:-)
  • Options

Well, that is until he gets on a train and then he turns into a properly moody, foul-mouthed, miserable c**t. (Irony intended).

Try doing my commute for a month and see what happens. It's enough to drive anyone insane.
  • Options

Try doing my commute for a month and see what happens. It's enough to drive anyone insane.
    I did the commute from Strood to Cannon Street for three months, was lovely...