Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gloves.

Bloke in the Fox and Hounds railing against the players in the Liverpool Newcastle game wearing gloves.

But you're wearing a hat. Indoors.
Was the rejoinder from one bloke.

Chap with hat slinks out to wc and comes back hatless.

Much jeering ensued.

Comments

• edited March 2018
    players in gloves during games = lightweights who clearly should be running around more - not goalkeepers
    players in gloves and short sleeve shirts = fuckwit lightweights who clearly should be running around more and should get a yellow card for so obviously being a fashion obsessed oxygen thief including goalkeepers
    bloke in hat in the pub = either a) prat or b) bald(ing) musician also a prat fooling nobody
    blokes in woollen hats when the temperature is above 9Celsius or at any time indoors, calling it a 'beanie' or 'slouch beanie' fuckwit prats, you all without exception look ridiculous and shouldn't be permitted to breed, any who have already procreated will, come the revolution, have your offspring taken into the care of credible adults for their, and our, protection; you would be less obvious as a failure at life wearing a neon sandwich-board bearing the legend "gullible attention seeker"
  • players in gloves during games = lightweights who clearly should be running around more - not goalkeepers
    players in gloves and short sleeve shirts = fuckwit lightweights who clearly should be running around more and should get a yellow card for so obviously being a fashion obsessed oxygen thief including goalkeepers
    bloke in hat in the pub = either a) prat or b) bald(ing) musician also a prat fooling nobody
    blokes in woollen hats when the temperature is above 9Celsius or at any time indoors, callling it a 'beanie' or 'slouch beanie' fuckwit prats, you all without exception look ridiculous and shouldn't be permitted to breed, any who have already procreated will, come the revolution, have your offspring taken into the care of credible adults for their, and our, protection; you would be less obvious as a failure at life wearing a neon sandwich-board bearing the legend "gullible attention seeker"

Guessing you aren't really a hat person
  • bbob said:

players in gloves during games = lightweights who clearly should be running around more - not goalkeepers
    blokes in woollen hats when the temperature is above 9Celsius or at any time indoors, callling it a 'beanie' or 'slouch beanie' fuckwit prats, you all without exception look ridiculous and shouldn't be permitted to breed, any who have already procreated will, come the revolution, have your offspring taken into the care of credible adults for their, and our, protection; you would be less obvious as a failure at life wearing a neon sandwich-board bearing the legend "gullible attention seeker"

Guessing you aren't really a hat person
    Or a people person.
  • A proper bobble hat like our mums used to knit, with wonky red n white stripes.
    Can't beat'em.
  • players in gloves during games = lightweights who clearly should be running around more - not goalkeepers

Well I for one love the way you post.
    Just say it how you see it.
    Keep posting mate.

Also should include wankers who wear hats at jaunty angles inside or out!

Inside out and back-to-front must make you the wankiest wanker from planet Wank.
  • Hats are strictly functional items of apparel. Warm knitted fabric in cold weather and peaked for helping to keep rain off my spectacles so I can see where I'm going for longer in wet weather. For me millinery holds no more significance.
    Not being a gullible attention seeker I am not susceptible to the humiliating whims of "fashion". I'll defend anyone's right to wear whatever they like up to the point it is outright offensive. Wearers of clothing chosen to make statements, garner attention or approval must, by the same token, expect brickbats and derision. As a fictional character once put it: "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."
    blokes in woollen hats when the temperature is above 9Celsius or at any time indoors, calling it a 'beanie' or 'slouch beanie' fuckwit prats, you all without exception look ridiculous and shouldn't be permitted to breed, any who have already procreated will, come the revolution, have your offspring taken into the care of credible adults for their, and our, protection; you would be less obvious as a failure at life wearing a neon sandwich-board bearing the legend "gullible attention seeker"

Oh dear. We wouldn't get on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018

Hats are strictly functional items of apparel. Warm knitted fabric in cold weather and peaked for helping to keep rain off my spectacles so I can see where I'm going for longer in wet weather. For me millinery holds no more significance.

The most Charlton Life-like comment this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwk38srACrA
  • I'm quite fond of a hat, woollen in the winter, fedora in the autumn if it's not too windy and a panama in the summer.
  • The argument over players wearing gloves is, in my opinion, one of the dumbest things in English football.
  • SDAddick said:

The argument over players wearing gloves is, in my opinion, one of the dumbest things in English football.

Whilst I agree with you, you do know you've blown any chance of fitting in over here don't you?
  • The world was a better place when men wore hats and drank brown beer.
  • I am a clumsy milliner

Inside out and back-to-front must make you the wankiest wanker from planet Wank.
    Presumably you’re one of the jaunty angle hat brigade?

Do you wear your trousers round your knee caps too?

Now - someone who combined those two "fashion statements" would indeed be the WW from PW. However, I feel they are mutually exclusive.

A person who might wear a hat at a jaunty angle would be a dandy; a well dressed man about town. He may well be a cad, but his spats would be spotless, his Clarke Gable moustache perfectly trimmed and he would be wearing a properly fastened bow tie. His appearance may be eccentric to the blenders-in, but he would be making an effort.

Whereas a man with his crotch just above his knees would just be a right cunt.

I also feel that the over eighties should be exempt from the "jaunty angle" rule.

My trousers only come up to my knee caps and I wear a long coat that's easy to throw open.
  • Sponsored links:

My trousers only come up to my knee caps and I wear a long coat that's easy to throw open.
    Damn, this isn't the forum where I usually discuss that sort of thing.
  • See this is why I love the internet so much and why it’s so addictive

Start a thread about gloves. Enhance making it clearly about gloves by titling it Gloves.

Within TWO posts you have an argument about hats, and somewhere in the middle is some bizarre weird monkey shit for no reason.

You never know what your going to get when opening a thread

In fairness hats are an important part of my original post.