Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

The Aussies were very unhappy with Murray's statement that the price had been agreed with a second party, I'm told.

Not sure if this is good or bad news.
  • Options

The Aussies were very unhappy with Murray's statement that the price had been agreed with a second party, I'm told.

Not sure if this is good or bad news.
    I am hoping it means Roland can no longer play off two parties and the other party can get it done ASAP now and if they can be Red Henry's rich lot even better.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

Has the second bidder pulled out? The third bidder is still sniffing about I heard.

I thought I'd been keeping track of this thread pretty well, but I'd never heard of a third bidder.

I give up.
    1. Australia
    2. UK
    3. S****.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

Has the second bidder pulled out? The third bidder is still sniffing about I heard.

I thought I'd been keeping track of this thread pretty well, but I'd never heard of a third bidder.

I give up.
    1. Australia
    2. UK
    3. S****.
    We're being taken over by a consortium from Sudan or Syria.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The crown prince Salman of Saudi Arabia is coming to London this week, could he be @Redhenry’s mystery buyer????
  • Options

sammy391 said:

I have a hunch that we might see some positive movement in relation to the takeover towards the end of this week. My best guess is Thursday/Friday.

I’ve also heard that we’re down to just one interested party now.

Out of interest are you still living in NZ and if so how come you’re ITK all the way out there?
    No. I’m not living in NZ and I’ve never been close to being ITK until the past couple of weeks (and never claimed to be).

Out of the blue I’ve received some snippets of information in relation to the takeover but, like the rest of you, I am taking everything I hear with a big pinch of salt.
    What have you heard pal?
    I’ve pretty much posted everything I know already.

JamesSeed said:

I don’t know.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I've heard some good news. It's completely unrelated to the takeover, but thought I'd share.

Well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

Dazzler21 said:

I've heard some good news. It's completely unrelated to the takeover, but thought I'd share.

Well?
    Just that my nephew in law and father in law who came to the Shrewsbury game want to come back in future.

Means that we can make it a more regular day out once RD is gone.

In other news non-charlton related, our daughter just got through her one year jabs with no fever etc occurring the entire week following it.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

I give up.
    1. Australia
    2. UK
    3. S****.
    3. Spain

It'll be completed Mañana
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Please be the rich guys please be the rich guys

We have a rich owner now. If the new owner has money the question should be are they going to invest in the club?
  • Options

After 46 years following Charlton, I'm now going Liverpool
    46 years !!! Never had you down as a plastic ;0)

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Well?
    Just that my nephew in law and father in law who came to the Shrewsbury game want to come back in future.

Means that we can make it a more regular day out once RD is gone.

In other news non-charlton related, our daughter just got through her one year jabs with no fever etc occurring the entire week following it.
    Just to clarify I did say it was good news that was completely unrelated to the takeover.
  • Options

After 46 years following Charlton, I'm now going Liverpool
    46 years !!! Never had you down as a plastic ;0)

...and I'm only 40 years old
  • Options
    So the Swiss based Charlton fan is back in?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

How do people like Rolly make the best part of 500 million while being such a fuckin dinlow, or is everyone missing something?

I don’t think anyone can blame him for trying to get the best price for the club.

The blokes a complete prick and his valuation was way too high admittedly, but he’s clearly taken the gamble to create a bidding war.

It was always going to come to which party will be be the most patient with his gameplan.

From what I was told recently, he’s been trying to add money on if we were promoted. I now genuinely believe we won’t be sold until he knows we can’t go up
  • Options
    Being stuck on this circle line of Chinese whispers is making me travel sick. I've just passed Sloane square for the 530 time.
  • Options

How do people like Rolly make the best part of 500 million while being such a fuckin dinlow, or is everyone missing something?

I don’t think anyone can blame him for trying to get the best price for the club.

The blokes a complete prick and his valuation was way too high admittedly, but he’s clearly taken the gamble to create a bidding war.

It was always going to come to which party will be be the most patient with his gameplan.

From what I was told recently, he’s been trying to add money on if we were promoted. I now genuinely believe we won’t be sold until he knows we can’t go up
    I could understand your point if he was selling Harrods or a market leader like err Arsenal ( ;) ). But we're a 3rd tier football club so I would've thought he's lucky to get any interest, specially at his asking price. If it were me, I'd be worried of all parties calling my bluff and pulling out
  • Options

I could understand your point if he was selling Harrods or a market leader like err Arsenal ( ;) ). But we're a 3rd tier football club so I would've thought he's lucky to get any interest, specially at his asking price. If it were me, I'd be worried of all parties calling my bluff and pulling out
    I completely agree about the bluffing and that has always been a concern.

We might not be Harrods or Arsenal but in fairness, we are still talking about a lot of money. If you were selling your house for 300k and two people offered 250k, I think most of us would use the two interested parties to drive up the price.
  • Options

I completely agree about the bluffing and that has always been a concern.

We might not be Harrods or Arsenal but in fairness, we are still talking about a lot of money. If you were selling your house for 300k and two people offered 250k, I think most of us would use the two interested parties to drive up the price.
    Depends how desperate you were to sell I spose
  • Options
    Croydon said:

JamesSeed said:

I give up.
    Pay attention @Croydon
    Honestly, what are you like?!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    My point is .
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I have a hunch that we might see some positive movement in relation to the takeover towards the end of this week. My best guess is Thursday/Friday.

I’ve also heard that we’re down to just one interested party now.

I can confirm that this Thursday/Friday is towards the end of this week.
    Source?

How come you're in the know with a name like @Fumbluff !?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!