Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP "Major Winchester" (M*A*S*H)

Actor David Ogden Stiers, who played Hawkeye's nemesis in the classic TV series has passed away aged 75. RIP

Comments

• Grew up loving MASH. RIP
  • RIP. wonderful TV series and he was an integral part
  • LOVED MASH. RIP.
  • Superb character actor....loved Mash!
    Thanks for the laughs old chap.
    RIP....David....RIP.
  • Character actor of supreme talent. RIP
  • Loved MASH too. R.I.P David, a good actor.
  • RIP a fine actor. MASH was a great show, you wonder if they would make it nowadays, certainly differs from the modern formulaic sitcoms. I suppose we were lucky it was a film spin-off.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP, he was excellent. MASH was great and was spoilt for me slightly when they needlessly added the canned laughter.
    Some wonderful characters and well crafted stories that were quite powerful at times.
  • Phil said:

RIP, he was excellent. MASH was great and was spoilt for me slightly when they needlessly added the canned laughter.
    Some wonderful characters and well crafted stories that were quite powerful at times.

The Americans always had the canned laughter, the BBC bought it without, but a lot of reruns on Sky channels appear to have the augmented laughter versions.
  • Halix said:

Phil said:

RIP, he was excellent. MASH was great and was spoilt for me slightly when they needlessly added the canned laughter.

The Americans always had the canned laughter, the BBC bought it without, but a lot of reruns on Sky channels appear to have the augmented laughter versions.
    Thanks I never knew that.
  • I liked how his character was more nuanced than frank burns . How he would get one over Hawkeye occasionally
  • Very poignant last episode when he had been teaching some Koreans to play classical music and then they got shelled. He came back to the hut and smashed all his records.