Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The invincibles (Arsenal 03/04 ) or current Manchester city team?

What team would you class as 'better' ?

Comments

• City.
  • City all day long although I would rate Henri ever so slightly better than Aguero.
  • As it stands, Man City. Arsenal didn't win 13 games that season, so far City haven't won 4.
  • City all day long although I would rate Henri ever so slightly better than Aguero.

I agree and Sol would probably get in City's defence.
  • City,I hope they win the Champions League
  • Man City. The invincibles thing does my nut. Chelsea won the Premiership a year later with 95 points
  • City would beat the Arsenal side 3-0
  • Arsenal all day, I would honestly say the competition was tougher for them back then and they had absolute world class players like Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Cole, Lehmann, Campbell, compared to City who just have Aguero, KDB and Silva imo. If you did a combined XI those are the only 3 players you would make room for in that Arsenal side.

Obviously it could change and they could get even better but as it stands I still rate the Arsenal team higher
  • Sponsored links:

• Impossible to compare, that arsenal team were full of guts and toughness as well as having some of the best players in the world at the time. Such a perfectly balanced team.

Nowadays I don't think tough players or leaders really seem to feature anywhere near like they used to. If Man City's current 11 played the Arsenal side from the unbeaten season in that season Arsenal would have won. Reverse that and I think City would with no hassle
  • Football has changed a lot since 2003/4

I would like to think the invincible arsenal team would beat the current city side but the game has evolved so much it's tough to predict.

The fantasy game would rely so heavily on tactics from pep and Wenger.

If it was at hibury I think arsenal would battle it out to win

If it was at the etihad I think this current city side would get a solid 3-0
  • edited March 2018
    This City team.

The quality of players spread across the Premier League is so much higher these days.

I think City's manic pressing of the likes of Sol Campbell and Gilberto and Toure and Cygan and Keown or whoever was playing at the back would be unlike anything they'd ever seen. Obviously the attackers for Arsenal were very good, but I think City would cut them largely out of the game.
  • Man City, not even close.
  • edited March 2018
    I don't even think the invincibles were the best Arsenal team to win the league, for me it was the 2001-02 team that was better. Although going the season unbeatable is highly impressive, I think a lot of people forget that Arsenal drew 12 games that season. The next two titles were won by Chelsea who lost league games but accrued more points than the invincibles.

In terms of this City side, lets see how the season finishes (but yes, they are excellent).
  • I don't even think the invincibles were the best Arsenal team to win the league, for me it was the 2001-02 team that was better. Although going the season unbeatable is highly impressive, I think a lot of people forget that Arsenal drew 12 games that season. The next two titles were won by Chelsea who lost league games but accrued more points than thr invincibles.

In terms of this City side, lets see how the season finishes (but yes, they are excellent).

Think alot of those were near the end of the season as well where they set out not to lose, a draw didnt matter as long as they didnt lose
  • edited March 2018
    Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Ldunberg, Campbell would walk in city team which IMO is the best team I've seen in prem.

De Bruyne is best player to grace prem for years.
  • City by a mile. That arsenal team probably isn’t much better if at all than the Man U teams that dominated.
  • That bird in the Star in Gillingham popping the cork on that “champagne” when Bob Taylor scored in the 85th minute seems a long time ago.
  • It was a long time - about 20 years ago!
  • Sponsored links:

• City are destroying teams though that’s the difference, arsenal played for draws as per above video
  • City by a mile.
  • Arsenal. But that’s probably because my interest in the top flight of English football died along time ago.
  • As someone else has mentioned, United in 99, Jose's first Chelsea team and earlier Wenger teams were all better than the invincibles.

If I had to pick a team "to do a job" on this city team it would be the Chelsea team from the first half of Jose's last title winning season.

Dream match would be City against SAF's second European Cup winning side.

To answer the op, City would beat the invincibles.
  • Could someone chuck up Arsenal’s main 11 season and City’s ? And Man U’s main one in their pomp