Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darts UK Open 2018

Watching this in between frames during snooker.

Apparently the whole event is now being played behind closed doors,
Even people already in Butlins, Minehead are not allowed in

Comments

• Is it on TV or just betting sites? I know around 7 people dropped out yesterday probably more today.

Event Rob Cross first came on scene last year, something to watch the weekend.
  • Is it on TV or just betting sites? I know around 7 people dropped out yesterday probably more today.

Event Rob Cross first came on scene last year, something to watch the weekend.

On itv4

Van Der Bergh has just gone out
  • The 2018 UK Open will go ahead as planned at Butlins Minehead but the entire tournament is to be played behind closed doors.

The event was shrouded in confusion on Friday morning after a statement from Butlins read that the UK Open had been cancelled but was later retracted.

The tournament will now go ahead from Friday to Sunday, however no fans will be permitted to watch the action live from the venue, including those who are already on-site.

The UK Open will broadcasted live on ITV4 as scheduled and streamed worldwide.

Ten players have withdrawn from the tournament due to travel disruption: Rene Berndt, Andrew Davidson, John Goldie, Maik Langendorf, Zoran Lerchbacher, Mick McGowan, William O'Connor, Mark Rice, Scott Robertson and Craig Winstanley.

The traditional Stage Two in Red's Bar will now become the Main Stage, while all other matches will be contested as normal on Boards 3-8.
  • Alan Norris V Dirk Van Duijvenbode
    Just about to start

As both players came out they waved to the imaginary crowd
  • Been to this the last 4 years, a fantastic weekend. Once we saw the red warning for Minehead last night we decided not to bother even though at that stage we thought we would lose the money we had paid. The roads from the M5 to Minehead are great in the best of conditions

Rung this morning to book for next year (tickets always go on sale the morning of the event) and straight away they said it's a full refund as Butlins is closed but the event is going on. So you now have the situation that there are fans there but not allowed into the arenas to watch, they are either watching from their rooms or the 2 bars which are open
  • Apparently the reason fans are not allowed in who are already there are fears that the ceiling could fall down as there is alot of snow on it.
  • Apparently the reason fans are not allowed in who are already there are fears that the ceiling could fall down as there is alot of snow on it.

What about the players then, thats a bit silly.

Thats what I thought,
    Dunno who it was commentating on ITV4 but thats what they said
  • John Part playing in this and won his first 2 matches.
  • Rob Cross has just got away with 1 there.

Nathan Aspinall had 6 darts to go 6-3 ahead with 2 breaks of throw.

But after 8 attempts Cross finally hit his double
  • Sponsored links:

The roof is in what is normally the main arena. The main stage is now what is normally board 2
  • Rob Cross won 10-8

But Nathan Aspinall should be very proud that was a fantastic performance against the world champion
  • Macronate said:

John Part playing in this and won his first 2 matches.

Just won his 3rd round match 10-2 against David Evans
  • Very strange without a crowd.

Barneveld and King both still wearing ear plugs though.
  • RVB outplayed in the match
    RVB out of the tournement.

He looked bored and like he didnt want to be there
  • Martin Schindler just said he had to get a taxi from Gatwick to the venue.

Gatwick to Minehead via taxi dread to think how much that cost
  • Adrian Lewis out.
    Really feel for him. Should’ve been banned.
  • Lewis OUT
    RVB OUT
    Chisnall OUT
    MVG OUT
  • Cross will be delighted he got through now
  • Wright out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

Wright out.

Against an 18 year old as well

Gary Anderson last up must be shiting himself now
  • There’s a fella called Pilgrim playing.
    Supports Palace.
    Hope he does well then.
  • Whitlock the latest top 10 player to leave in the 3rd round

• There’s a fella called Pilgrim playing.
    Supports Palace.
    Hope he does well then.

West beat him 10-9
  • John Part is in the quarters was 4-1 down to Mervin King at the first break and won 10-8
  • 5 out of the 8 games in the last 16 have finished

Only 1 odds on favourite has 1 Cadbury.

Pallet 11/5 beat Huybrechts 4/11
    Owen 5/2 beat White 3/10
    Part 10/3 beat King 2/9
    West 11/4 beat Smith 2/7
    Cadbury 3/10 beat Dobey 5/2
  • Racking my brain thinking about who Ratajski looks like and I've just got it - dead ringer for Syria's president
  • Racking my brain thinking about who Ratajski looks like and I've just got it - dead ringer for Syria's president

Never been seen in the same place together ...
  • 5 out of the 8 games in the last 16 have finished

Only 1 odds on favourite has 1 Cadbury.

Pallet 11/5 beat Huybrechts 4/11
    Owen 5/2 beat White 3/10
    Part 10/3 beat King 2/9
    West 11/4 beat Smith 2/7
    Cadbury 3/10 beat Dobey 5/2

After i put this the 3 odds on favourites won

8 names in the quarters are
    Pallet
    Owen
    Part
    West
    Cadbury
    Price
    Anderson
    Cross

Never been seen in the same place together ...
    Sure, but this could be how Assad gets around the world.
    Can't believe how alike they look..