Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Damon Lathrope

Playing the game he loves almost stopped him ever walking again, such a shame when things like this happen

Comments

• From Wokings OS

As we shared last week, Damon suffered a badly broken leg during our game against Boreham Wood. Sadly, following the injury and various operations, Damon has been left with life changing damage to a number of major arteries and veins.

Damon: “The overriding factor for me was I was lucky enough to be under the care of Mr Tahir Ali who has enabled the opportunity for me to carry my daughters, when there was a time that I may not have been able to walk again. This is the most important thing to me! I don’t want people to feel sorry for me but be thankful that I have both legs to walk on.”

Damon will be in hospital for a few weeks more to continue his very long road to recovery.

Damon: “I’m extremely proud of my professional football career and wouldn’t have changed or done anything different. I have made my family extremely proud and this makes me very happy.

I have no regrets but the facts are that this injury will overall end my playing career, I will continue to move forward to the future and have a career in another area of football, off the field, maybe helping to develop players. I know I have a lot to offer to the game in other ways than me physically being on the pitch.

I’m really disappointed that I didn’t get to fulfil what I had planned at Woking as a player. It’s such a good set up and the plan looked great. I’m going to bring/offer as much to the club in any aspect that I can.

I understand it’s going to be a long journey ahead for me to get back on my feet, but just to have this opportunity is enough for me.

My family and I can’t thank the club enough for all of their support since the accident.”

Damon is finding his treatment and recovery very tiring and the family request that visiting is currently limited to family members only.

Woking Football Club will be supporting Damon and his family during his recovery, and would like to thank our fans, Boreham Wood Football Club, and the wider footballing community for their concern shown.
  • Just noticed his gofundme page has reached 10k

https://www.gofundme.com/damon-lathrope