Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace planning new stadium

Comments

• They've certain got problems with those stands, for a start they're the wrong way round, they shouldn't be facing the pitch !!!
  • I certainly hope there is a designated section in the ground to keep their Ultras safe.
  • We can laugh but in reality it’s bad news for us. Shithurst has been an albatross around their necks but even a steady improvement plan makes them stronger. They are already light years ahead of us as it stands. I don’t want them ever to be able to consolidate that.
  • We can laugh but in reality it’s bad news for us. Shithurst has been an albatross around their necks but even a steady improvement plan makes them stronger. They are already light years ahead of us as it stands. I don’t want them ever to be able to consolidate that.

Not in relation to the quality of their fan base ... we win that hands down. It’s not even close.
  • stonemuse said:

We can laugh but in reality it’s bad news for us. Shithurst has been an albatross around their necks but even a steady improvement plan makes them stronger. They are already light years ahead of us as it stands. I don’t want them ever to be able to consolidate that.

Not in relation to the quality of their fan base ... we win that hands down. It’s not even close.
    That goes without saying. All I’m saying is that Palace are a Premier League club who can afford to buy players worth more than our club is worth in total. That hurts me a lot. I don’t want them being able to do a single thing that widens what is already a very big gap between the two clubs. Stadium improvements to Shithurst help them do that.
  • stonemuse said:

We can laugh but in reality it’s bad news for us. Shithurst has been an albatross around their necks but even a steady improvement plan makes them stronger. They are already light years ahead of us as it stands. I don’t want them ever to be able to consolidate that.

That goes without saying. All I’m saying is that Palace are a Premier League club who can afford to buy players worth more than our club is worth in total. That hurts me a lot. I don’t want them being able to do a single thing that widens what is already a very big gap between the two clubs. Stadium improvements to Shithurst help them do that.
    One relegation and they'll be cut off from the pot of gold.
  • stonemuse said:

Aren’t there parachute payments ?
  • edited March 2018

In what way are they light years ahead of us ? We were once the PL team and they looked like they were going bust and look how quickly that can turn around.

And it’s not inconceivable that in a couple of months time we could both be championship clubs and charlton could have new owners. Comparing like for like would put the Valley light years ahead, as it is now anyway, and probably edge it for charlton and it’s players and fans who will have a positive outlook as opposed to palace and it’s players and fans who will be totally dejected.
  • stonemuse said:

Relegated PL clubs also have massive wage bills. Get in wrong and you can easily find yourself swamped by these costs
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

Relegated PL clubs also have massive wage bills. Get in wrong and you can easily find yourself swamped by these costs
    As Hull and Sunderland are finding out this season.
  • edited March 2018

stonemuse said:

He's right.
    They may be LIDL. But we're Makro's.

In what way are they light years ahead of us ? We were once the PL team and they looked like they were going bust and look how quickly that can turn around.

And it’s not inconceivable that in a couple of months time we could both be championship clubs and charlton could have new owners. Comparing like for like would put the Valley light years ahead, as it is now anyway, and probably edge it for charlton and it’s players and fans who will have a positive outlook as opposed to palace and it’s players and fans who will be totally dejected.
    It’s now a lot harder to reach the PL than it was when we managed it. Clubs relegated get millions and aspiring Championship clubs are now spending millions chasing it. Yes it’s doable but we are miles and miles off whereas it’s true that Palace are only a relegation away but they are getting stronger every year they achieve safety.

• edited March 2018
  • Need to put away those rose tinted specs boys. I hate Palace as much as anyone but at this moment they are all over us.
  • F@ck palace
  • We’ve not even mentioned that Millwall are doing scarily well.
  • We’ve not even mentioned that Millwall are doing scarily well.

And there is the real nightmare our genuine rivals , not the ones who are about 2 hours away in Croydon
  • I even saw a a Palace fan in the Bexley area last time I was down south. First time I'd seen that in 30 years. Disgraceful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swansea 2.0 up.
    Not looking good for palarse

It’s now a lot harder to reach the PL than it was when we managed it. Clubs relegated get millions and aspiring Championship clubs are now spending millions chasing it. Yes it’s doable but we are miles and miles off whereas it’s true that Palace are only a relegation away but they are getting stronger every year they achieve safety.

Are they? I thought the biggest issue with our relegation was that we’d become used to being in the Premier. As a result, we had a team and organization that reflected that. Reducing that cost base isn’t easy, and it becomes harder the longer you’ve been there.

It’s just a shame they won’t get relegated when they are halfway through building the new stand.
  • When man.utd beat them on Monday they will be back in the bottom 3.
    There's only so many times they can escape. Hopefully this is the season they fail.

No need to wait until Monday mate they're in the bottom three tonight :smiley:
  • Whatever they do to what they laughingly call a stadium it will remain slap bang in the middle of nowhere. For them a new stadium on the Crystal Palace athletics site would have at least provided a focal point for their story as it were, but Selhurst Park is so crappily located that lipstick on a pig would be the apt description.
  • We can all agree they're a bunch of cnuts though, right ??
  • Oh yes sir... jammy stripey CNUTS of the highest order.
  • I blame Paxton myslef, if he hadn't moved the exhibition hall to Penge Place and got it renamed Crystal Palce they would not have existed. Penge Park FC more like.
  • Palace should build a new purpose built 20k stadium near Horsham/Haywards heath area so they are nearer to their rival Brighton. Not that they will be playing them after this season.
  • Palace should build a new purpose built 20k stadium near Horsham/Haywards heath area so they are nearer to their rival Brighton. Not that they will be playing them after this season.

That is a bit harsh, they already have a local rival Crawley, maybe they could revamp Crawley's stadium. Then they can be nearer to their fans.