Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Number of games missed by Charlton players

edited March 2018 in General Charlton
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/926748208?-11197:833

Tried to upload and write down but could not do so, if anyone else can copy and paste for this forum, be my guest, hope this opens up OK for you

Comments

• Ouch... Games missed by attackers really has hurt us compared to other areas

Feels like Bauer and Sarr have missed more than eight games this season though
  • Surprised Kashi has only missed 1
  • I wouldn't class Reeves, Marshall or Clarke as forwards. Our main(and one would say only) striker had missed just 1 game all season & yet is not even into double figures. There is the reason in a nutshell why we are not getting promoted this season.
  • I really like Magennis, seems like a decent bloke. He just isn't good enough
  • edited March 2018

I really like Magennis, seems like a decent bloke. He just isn't good enough

We're in division 3 and at that level he is capable. How much higher he could play is another question but he doesn't disgrace himself when on duty for Northern Ireland.

He looks bad playing for us because our powder puff midfield gives him little or no service and all he gets are lazy, hopeful aerial punts from the back which he tries to win invariably surrounded by two opposition defenders. If he still manages to win the ball he knocks it down to nobody because no midfielder is breaking forward to pick up the pieces thanks to Karl's crappy, inflexible formation.

I've lost count of the number of times in 'Post Match Views' I've written after a home game something along the lines of 'despite all our possession their goalkeeper didn't have to make a save worthy of the name.'

That aint all Josh's fault. He is what he is a good player at the level we're at.
  • LenGlover said:

I really like Magennis, seems like a decent bloke. He just isn't good enough

We're in division 3 and at that level he is capable. How much higher he could play is another question but he doesn't disgrace himself when on duty for Northern Ireland.

He looks bad playing for us because our powder puff midfield gives him little or no service and all he gets are lazy, hopeful aerial punts from the back which he tries to win invariably surrounded by two opposition defenders. If he still manages to win the ball he knocks it down to nobody because no midfielder is breaking forward to pick up the pieces thanks to Karl's crappy, inflexible formation.

I've lost count of the number of times in 'Post Match Views' I've written after a home game something along the lines of 'despite all our possession their goalkeeper didn't have to make a save worthy of the name.'

That aint all Josh's fault. He is what he is a good player at the level we're at.
    I agree with all that - we just need someone else up with him, or to replace him when off form/injured or just when we're 1-0 down & need a bloody goal.