Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So everyone's got a Josh Magennis story right?

Well i have two.

Story one.
In Saturdays match thread you might of read about me bumping into big Josh in the Water Lilly as he was picking up his well earned Chinese. Resplendant in full Charlton trackies straight off the back of a pasting at home by the mighty Shrewsbury Town.

Story two.
Got car stuck in a snow drift yesterday on the Ratcliffe Highway, back of Hoo. Guess who "tried" to help push me out? Yep good ole Josh got out of his motor. I wasn't budging so said thankyou and he was on his merry way. I got towed out by the son in law eventually.

Two Josh Magennis stories... beat that!

Comments

• He's a nice man, He's a very very nice man. A very very nice man.
  • So what you’re saying with the snow story is he put in a lot of effort but ultimately it was down to someone else to come along and get a result.

Yes, sounds very Josh Magennis.

Yep does the hard donkey work for someone else to take the glory.

• Sponsored links:

• So what you’re saying with the snow story is he put in a lot of effort but ultimately it was down to someone else to come along and get a result.

Yes, sounds very Josh Magennis.

Harsh and believe me I was ready to have it out with him on both occasions... BUT he is a big fucker!
  • I saw him score a goal once. I think.
  • Well i have two.

Story one.
    In Saturdays match thread you might of read about me bumping into big Josh in the Water Lilly as he was picking up his well earned Chinese. Resplendant in full Charlton trackies straight off the back of a pasting at home by the mighty Shrewsbury Town.

Story two.
    Got car stuck in a snow drift yesterday on the Ratcliffe Highway, back of Hoo. Guess who "tried" to help push me out? Yep good ole Josh got out of his motor. I wasn't budging so said thankyou and he was on his merry way. I got towed out by the son in law eventually.

Two Josh Magennis stories... beat that!

If he gets injured now and we don't get promoted, I'll be blaming you for driving into snow drifts. That's how it seems to work on here......
  • I saw him score a goal once. I think.

Only trouble was it was for Portsmouth.

• I saw him at Bluewater - stopped and had a chat. He said he has had somebody following him since Saturday.

He's following me mate. I know where the onion bag is!

Big Josh on a night out in Aberdeen five years ago as snapped by my Dons-loving mate (his daughter is in the picture).
  • Nope no JM stories
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

I bumped into him at a BP garage near Norwich. He bragged he was on his way to meet Bono. I didn't believe him so he took me to a stately home Bono owned nearby called Blickling Hall and showed me Bono's hatchback collection.

"Oh hello Bono, fancy seeing you here"

"Hello Alan"

"How, how's the band? How's the edge?"

"The Edge is fine"

"How, how's Adam Clayton?"

"Adam Clayton is fine"

"How's the other one, the drummer?"

"The drummer is fine"
  • DOC64 said:

Posted the following soon after he had signed:-

Regarding Josh and boots.

Last year my son, then aged 13, joined Killie' s Academy from Charlton. When we joined we were given access to a website whereby you can order boots direct from Adidas. The terms of purchase were that the boots had to be delivered to the club.

When we went to collect the boots, we established (after a number of enquiries) that Josh had claimed the boots (only the Academy staff had heard of us) and had worn them in the opening league game of the season against Dundee.

Josh came and saw us and was really embarrassed. He asked us to order another pair which he paid for.

He came over as a very decent genuine guy.....

most thieves do
  • Awesome. He comes across as very well spoken and down to earth in interviews. Happy to hear it's confirmed outside of football as well.

Stopping to help someone push their car out, even I wouldn't do that, though I'm not very nice tbf.
  • DOC64 said:

Posted the following soon after he had signed:-

Regarding Josh and boots.

Last year my son, then aged 13, joined Killie' s Academy from Charlton. When we joined we were given access to a website whereby you can order boots direct from Adidas. The terms of purchase were that the boots had to be delivered to the club.

When we went to collect the boots, we established (after a number of enquiries) that Josh had claimed the boots (only the Academy staff had heard of us) and had worn them in the opening league game of the season against Dundee.

Josh came and saw us and was really embarrassed. He asked us to order another pair which he paid for.

He came over as a very decent genuine guy.....

So your son at the age of 13 had the same size feet as Big Josh - by the time he gets to reach Josh's age he'll have feet bigger than King Kong!
  • Yeah has been Size 11 since age 12. Luckily for me they haven't grown since, but still time as not 16 yet. He has also left many an empty fridge behind him.....
  • I could write a memoir on his missed headers, one on ones and being in the wrong position